[WIP] Neist Airliner parts

neistridlar

• 4 weeks later...

This could and will be the next biggest thing, i hope u dont give up mid way because many aerospace modders did in the past. Ive been doing ksp Airplanes for like 4 years now and i keep seeing the same stuff over and over again, i hope that youll bring major change!. I advise u to go into Collaboration its the best way to get results! thank u for ur effort <3

On 4/21/2018 at 11:51 AM, neistridlar said:

My vision for this mod is to create stock alike believable parts to build passenger planes with. It is inspired by Airplane Plus, and will be made to supplement it as well as the stock parts.

Here is an album with some concept art and work in progress screen shots: https://imgur.com/a/fAViy

And here is an album showing up the semi finished parts: https://imgur.com/a/ljyIgIH

4yIhMl5.png

Parts currently in the mod:

Reveal hidden contents

1.875m CRJ Cockpit

1.875m AN-24 Cockpit

1.875m DC-3 Cockpit

1.875m Passenger cabin 1+2 configuration

1.875m passenger door

1.875m tail cone

0.625m 2 nose cones

1.25m 6 nose cones

Conformal tanks for 1.875m, 2.5m, 3.125m and 3.75m

2.5m boeing 767/777 cockpit with adapters to 3.125m and 3.75m

2.5m DC-8/9 cockpit

2.5m Passenger cabin 2+2 configuration

3.125m A350 Cockpit with adapter for 3.75m

3.125m DC-10/11 Cockpit with adapter for 3.75m

3.125m Passenger cabin 3+3 configuration

3.75m Passenger cabin 2+3+2 configuration

1.875m CF6 with under wing pylon

0.9375m CF34 engines with side mount and under wing mount pylons

Modular Airliner wings

Modular Tail cone system

Download at: https://github.com/neistridlar/Neist-Airliner-Parts

Tweakscale patch by @TMasterson5https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g45l0djvbmypl3e/AABZ033reYyTd_6xV17txTR3a?dl=0

I am pretty new to modding in general, so if you have advise or suggestions you would like to offer, please do so. I do believe, however, that I have many of the skills required. My plan is to use Fusion 360 along with Blender for modeling, Gimp and Inkscape for image and graphics editing. I do know a little C++, python and matlab, which might come in handy, though I have never programmed anything with more than a command line interface, so I expect to have a few things to learn if I want to get into that side of modding.

Also I want to set this up so that it is easy for someone else to take over in the case that I should disappear (knowing my self I usually don't stay focused on one thing for more than 1-2 years at a time), so any suggestions as to how to accomplish this would be welcome.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0 

88x31.png 

I have ksp version 1.4.5 which thing should I download off github?

53 minutes ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

You should make oversized and realistic models like these double decker beasts

Image result for double decker plane cross section

I do have plans for 5m A380 like parts, and 3.75m 747 parts. That is somewhere between 0.625 and 0.75 scale, which is consistent with many other KSP-mods. Also going any bigger than 5m you start running into issues with ksp physics, specifically joints that just spontaneously disconnect and stuff like that. Because of this I'm not going any bigger than that. I have discussed my size decisions earlier in the thread as well, if you ate interested in reading more on that.

52 minutes ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

I have ksp version 1.4.5 which thing should I download off github?

You have two options. There is a releases section on github where you can download a zip with both a 1.4+ version and an 1.3 and older version.

If you want the bleeding edge version you can find the game data folder and download all of its contents. It contains whatever was in my folders last time I synced my local files to github.

Clear as mud?

On 12/9/2018 at 4:30 PM, neistridlar said:

I do have plans for 5m A380 like parts, and 3.75m 747 parts. That is somewhere between 0.625 and 0.75 scale, which is consistent with many other KSP-mods. Also going any bigger than 5m you start running into issues with ksp physics, specifically joints that just spontaneously disconnect and stuff like that. Because of this I'm not going any bigger than that. I have discussed my size decisions earlier in the thread as well, if you ate interested in reading more on that.

You have two options. There is a releases section on github where you can download a zip with both a 1.4+ version and an 1.3 and older version.

If you want the bleeding edge version you can find the game data folder and download all of its contents. It contains whatever was in my folders last time I synced my local files to github.

Clear as mud?

yes thank you

In conjunctions with that, @neistridlar, any feasiblity of having something like a more powerful Goliath? For sure IMHO the stock Goliath is underpowered.

Here's the thing :

The current stock Goliath engine is the -94B variant of the real-life General Electric GE90, as of it's similarities in appearance and thrust rating. Both J-90 and GE90-94B have straight blades and takeoff (Max.) thrust of 360kN.

SVGE90.jpg

[Both photos aren't mine]

While the -115B is rated at 510kN and feature curved blades.

GE90_B777-200LR.JPG

Yes, the -115B is almost twice the thrust rating than the -94B and J-90.

Source Wikipedia

(I copy-pasted my post from Airplane+ thread to here since I was too lazy to type)

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

7 hours ago, Potato flavored waffles said:

When I downloaded this mod, I only got one part. It was the 18-06 curvy tail. Please tell me what is wrong.

Your folder structure in GameData is most likely wrong. It needs to be like this:

1JCU8c0.png

Otherwise the game does not find the models and sounds. (You don't have to put KSP in Documents BTW)

3 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

In conjunctions with that, @neistridlar, any feasiblity of having something like a more powerful Goliath? For sure IMHO the stock Goliath is underpowered.

I do not share your opinion that the Goliath is underpowered. Most of the time I find it to be way too powerful. Also, keep in mind that while it has 360kN of thrust, it is both scaled down to something like ~65% of the real thing and weighs ~65% of the real thing as well, so it is already ridiculous from a realism standpoint. That said though, I do have some parts planned where a more powerful engine might be useful, so I will not say that it will never happen, but it is unlikely.

3 hours ago, neistridlar said:

I do not share your opinion that the Goliath is underpowered. Most of the time I find it to be way too powerful.

7 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

For sure IMHO the stock Goliath is underpowered.

The reason I said the Goliath is underpowered is as of my plane in the KEA Challenge; the top speed almost broke Mach 1, however, it took almost half the KSC runway only to takeoff, and that's almost equivalent to the whole length of the Kerbal Konstructs runway.

Anyways, what about ending the debate on a modded more powerful Goliath?

But if you really would like to add a -115B-ish Goliath (Or basically an engine approx. the size of the Goliath but more powerful), I'd like to suggest a name for it- J-90M Super Goliath.

10 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

The reason I said the Goliath is underpowered is as of my plane in the KEA Challenge; the top speed almost broke Mach 1, however, it took almost half the KSC runway only to takeoff, and that's almost equivalent to the whole length of the Kerbal Konstructs runway.

Anyways, what about ending the debate on a modded more powerful Goliath?

But if you really would like to add a -115B-ish Goliath (Or basically an engine approx. the size of the Goliath but more powerful), I'd like to suggest a name for it- J-90M Super Goliath.

Their is a reason they called it a Goliath. Because Goliath translates to big or huge not tiny and under powered I think it is a little more OP than you think.

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2019 at 10:28 AM, Bricks34 said:

What are you going to do next? I'm just curious.

I have not been working a lot on this mod lately, but here is a screenshot of one of the things I have been working on:

r8vp0gw.png

The Idea is to have a 5m beluga like nose hatch with a floor matching the cargobays, and then have some kind of adapter piece to stick bellow that, so that you can mount what ever cockpit (or other contraption) you want, or maybe just use it as a stand alone part. Not entirely happy with the concept still, but it is probably going to be something like this.

Also, I've been populating some of the IVAs with props, and texturing some of the parts that still only have placeholder textures. So far I've been focusing on the adapters, but of course I do want everything to have proper textures eventually.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Starboost88 said:

KerbalX has a system that detects and lists mods used in the craft. Also, there is a part mapper tool to add parts to the knowledge base.

Thats nice to hear, previously i thought that i had to list them manually.. Ok posting them!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.