[WIP] Neist Airliner parts

neistridlar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 1:00 PM, Rattana said:

This mod is too great and awesome to be asleep for so long:(

On 7/24/2019 at 4:41 PM, Potato flavored waffles said:

I am very worried about that

The mod is under a Creative Commons license. You COULD keep developing it. :wink:

Edited by Starboost88
Corrected errors

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2019 at 10:03 AM, looksgoodfp said:

And what parts are those for the fuselage (with so few windows) and tail cone? Looks very nice for a military or scientific plane

The fuselage is from Neist, but the windows are from SXT I believe, same with the tail cone. 

• 6 months later...

Just asking @neistridlar if he's still doing this mod or not.

Because I'd like to request...

• Some re-modelling of the 737 cockpit since the 'curve' above the cockpit windows makes it look not really early Boeing-ish (I know this is meant to be modular but some sort of 2.5m to 737 cockpit adapter would be appreciated)
  • 767/777 cockpit should be a 757 cockpit with some sort of a slightly-clipped part to turn it into a 767/777 cockpit
  • 737's CFM56s
  • Rolls-Royce Trent XWB for the A350 parts
  • Early-Airbus widebody (A300-A340, skipping the A320) cockpit
  • Rolls-Royce Trent 700 for the requested A330 parts
  • Early A350 design cockpit (example in spoiler)
  • 747 parts because I've seen a hint of it on GitHub.

Early A350 cockpit concept for anyone interested:

Spoiler

a350-new-nose_10682.jpg

So yeah the original A350 cockpit was very slightly different than the A330.

21 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

Just asking @neistridlar if he's still doing this mod or not.

I'm unable to work on it for now, due to mental health issues. I'm still thinking about it now and then though. 

21 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:
  • Some re-modelling of the 737 cockpit since the 'curve' above the cockpit windows makes it look not really early Boeing-ish (I know this is meant to be modular but some sort of 2.5m to 737 cockpit adapter would be appreciated)
  • 767/777 cockpit should be a 757 cockpit with some sort of a slightly-clipped part to turn it into a 767/777 cockpit

I did consider these options when I designed the parts, however the current solution was the best I could come up with, while still maintaining the stock "lego" feel to my liking.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, FahmiRBLXian said:
  • 737's CFM56s
  • Rolls-Royce Trent XWB for the A350 parts

I do have plans for a few more engines. CFM56 is certainly a candidate for 1.25m, though APP has one, so I have been looking for other candidates.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, FahmiRBLXian said:

747 parts because I've seen a hint of it on GitHub.

Also have some plans for this, two nose cones, one with passengers and one with "shark mouth" opening for cargo, and cockpit, structural, passenger and end piece for the hump. Made to fit primarily 3.75m, because it is the closest, but hopefully won't look too bad with 5m either.

For now though, I advise everyone keep expectations low and patience high.

So, I've been meaning to do this for about a year now: https://github.com/neistridlar/Neist-Airliner-Parts/releases For those that have cloned the repository within the last year there should be nothing new here I think. However for those that find that sentence intimidating, there is now an easier way to get the latest and greatest. I think this is what is "new":

• B73 cockpit added
  • 12NCS-B73 added
  • CS22 cockpit added
  • 12NCS-CS22 added
  • A38 cockpit added
  • 18NCS-A38 added
  • 50PC added
  • 37-50AD Added
  • Adapters now have proper textures
  • Some IVAs have been populated with props.
  • Possibly other stuff that I don't remember.

Hello, awesome pack Nestridlar

I know there is already a tweakscale patch for this mod, however I made my own and I want to share it with everyone. The main difference between my patch and Tmasterson5's is that mine uses stack scale, rather than free scale. So 1.25 to 1.875  and so on.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iqZVckh627sjFW--a7nDHr7XETHFRIyY

Edit: New parts added

Edited by Deimos007
updating the patch file

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, neistridlar said:

I'm unable to work on it for now, due to mental health issues. I'm still thinking about it now and then though. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you managed to recover in time.

F

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, neistridlar said:

I do have plans for a few more engines. CFM56 is certainly a candidate for 1.25m, though APP has one, so I have been looking for other candidates.

The APP one is a CFM56-5B, the one on A320ceos. Whjat I meant is CFM56-7B, the one on 737NGs, which have that flat-bottom shape.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:09 AM, Lanley Kerman said:

Does it support Airplane Plus itself?

I'm unsure what exactly you mean, but it should work just fine both on it's own, and side by side with APP.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:51 AM, FahmiRBLXian said:

The APP one is a CFM56-5B, the one on A320ceos. Whjat I meant is CFM56-7B, the one on 737NGs, which have that flat-bottom shape.

I will take that into account.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, stefan43 said:

what program do use to model these awesome parts

I use primarily Blender for the modeling (Though I also use Fusion 360 to create reference models for some parts). For the texturing I use Incscape to lay out the panel lines and other "mechanical" details, like windows. Then I export it to GIMP where I apply weathering and more "organic" details.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.