[1.4.3] Kerbal Academy Contract Pack [v1.2.x]

Mark Kerbin

Space Academy not showing up in contracts.

How do I debug that?

I have KSP version 1.4.1.2089 

Module manager 3.0.4, 3.0.6 and 3.0.7

KerbalAcademy version is 1.1.9 and is install in the GameData\ContractPacks\KerbalAcademy folder

The logs of Kerbal Academy appears in the folder GameData\ContractConfigurator\log\!NO_GROUP 

Logs for Kerbal Academy

6 hours ago, NicoD said:

Space Academy not showing up in contracts.

How do I debug that?

Module manager 3.0.4, 3.0.6 and 3.0.7

KerbalAcademy version is 1.1.9 and is install in the GameData\ContractPacks\KerbalAcademy folder

The logs of Kerbal Academy appears in the folder GameData\ContractConfigurator\log\!NO_GROUP 

Logs for Kerbal Academy

Hmm. My first thought is that the "group" for the contracts is not defined. Not sure how that could have happened.

Unfortunately the logs are not that useful for this so I can't actually tell you much about what happened.

You should go ahead and update to 1.1.10 which is the most recent stable version. 1.2.x got broken somewhere in the dev process.  I would also suggest getting your KSP and MM up to date. You can also go ahead and get MM 3.0.8 and delete the older ones. 

If its still not working after that, let me know and upload KSP's output log.

16 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Hmm. My first thought is that the "group" for the contracts is not defined. Not sure how that could have happened.

Unfortunately the logs are not that useful for this so I can't actually tell you much about what happened.

You should go ahead and update to 1.1.10 which is the most recent stable version. 1.2.x got broken somewhere in the dev process.  I would also suggest getting your KSP and MM up to date. You can also go ahead and get MM 3.0.8 and delete the older ones. 

Ok will try version 1.1.10 of Kerbal Academy and see if it runs fine.

Thanks

On 6/4/2018 at 6:37 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

I am also looking for a few basic lander type probes for the engineer repair missions. No need to damage them, and please keep it stock, no MH.

Do they need to be capable to land on the surface of a planet/moon? Or is it more like: spawn probe on surface -> contract to go there and repair it -> leave with own ship?

What about the plane I've already submitted? Does it fit for your requirements or does it need some adjustments? (Or did it slip through your notifications?^^)

11 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Do they need to be capable to land on the surface of a planet/moon? Or is it more like: spawn probe on surface -> contract to go there and repair it -> leave with own ship?

What about the plane I've already submitted? Does it fit for your requirements or does it need some adjustments? (Or did it slip through your notifications?^^)

No they just have to look "lander/probey".  So yeah that second thing.

Plane is nice but  its a bit... beefy. Thanks anyway. (Also can you PM me instead of posting stuff here? Forgot to mention in first post, by bad)

Hey folks!

Doing my best to keep everyone informed here. Development for 1.3 will be proceeding at the end of this week. I have a plan in place for what is getting done and have received several crafts for the new contracts. Since 1.3 will be coming out in a staggered fashion to allow bug testing of individual contracts, I was wondering which you guys wanted to see first? 

I was thinking Bootcamp would be the first one out followed by the basic contracts, then significant etc... PM me if you have an opinion. Otherwise just wait for releases on github next month.   :P

On 6/5/2018 at 4:09 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

Finaly got it to work with version 1.1.3 

Module manager 3.0.6 and 3.0.7 put it here so it helps others.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Dev Update

Spotty wifi is slowing down development. 

In other news I've decided that Bootcamp is getting split into the 3 different classes. This is to avoid certain issues found in development.

(Yes I know nothing is changed on the github, the wifi here is too slow for uploading...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Mark Kerbin I love this mod. 

A doubt: if I have a 2-star pilot, he is eligible for the "flyby" mission,  either mun or minmus,  which will bring him up to 3 stars. So far so good. I have done it to all my pilots, they all reached 3 stars. Now the same mission keeps showing up again. If they go through them over again,  it will further them to 4 and the  5 stars?

On 9/10/2018 at 7:35 PM, Daniel Prates said:

@Mark Kerbin I love this mod. 

A doubt: if I have a 2-star pilot, he is eligible for the "flyby" mission,  either mun or minmus,  which will bring him up to 3 stars. So far so good. I have done it to all my pilots, they all reached 3 stars. Now the same mission keeps showing up again. If they go through them over again,  it will further them to 4 and the  5 stars?

Glad you like the mod!

That is likely a bug with the 1.10 version. (Most recent release) 

1.3 is in the works, but development has been paused due to life. Im hoping to have time to get back to work at some point before the new year. High school am I right?

• 1 month later...

Just a query? What are the actual conditions for one of these contracts appearing?

I've only ever gotten 1 "Advanced pilot" contract for Jeb, I've had no scientist or engineer contracts at all.

(If i'm missing something, please point it out to me ^_^ Thanks)

17 minutes ago, RB101 said:

Just a query? What are the actual conditions for one of these contracts appearing?

I've only ever gotten 1 "Advanced pilot" contract for Jeb, I've had no scientist or engineer contracts at all.

I'll have to refresh my memory, but I think it's when you begin leveling up your Kerbals, or at the very least having them present for milestones (orbits, flights, etc.).

34 minutes ago, RB101 said:

Its supposed to be based on level of your kerbals, and I hope to add dependency to building level to prevent speed leveling.

Also a quick update on work progress: 

Image result for coding humor comic

Me trying to remember what does what^

58 minutes ago, RB101 said:

Lol X'D

All my Kerbals are level 2, and I've only gone as far as landing on the Mun (haven't been to Minmus yet)

Some of the non beginner contracts also require a higher level mentor to fire. This was done to add a little "realism." 

Also the last few versions were a bit.. er... buggy.

Unreleased new one is going to be a complete rewrite in order to fix it, so its taking a bit. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Murdabenne said:

OK.  My read was that 1.2.0 was corrected in 1.2.1, is that not the case?

The release versions of 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are just 1 day appart and if you look through the commits on github, you can see that just the .version file was changed during this time. So no, unfortunately, 1.2.1 doesn't contain any changes to the contracts and until Mark Kerbin returns to development on 1.3 (or someone else want/ask to pick up this pack), the latest properly running realease seem to be 1.10.

14 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The release versions of 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are just 1 day appart and if you look through the commits on github, you can see that just the .version file was changed during this time. So no, unfortunately, 1.2.1 doesn't contain any changes to the contracts and until Mark Kerbin returns to development on 1.3 (or someone else want/ask to pick up this pack), the latest properly running realease seem to be 1.10.

Now it makes sense. Thanks for explaining it so well.

• 1 month later...

It seems one of the issues with using negative funds is that it gets cheaper in harder diffculties. I notice the config has "advanceFunds = -100000", whereas I'm paying 25000 at 20% funds.

Not quite sure why it's not 20k, but still...

Edited by TGApples

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

I'm loving these contract enhancements. But of course I probably wouldn't be here if I hadn't encountered a problem.

I run KSP on a laptop that is extremely lacking in grunt, so I leave the option to declutter KSC enabled, and limit max debris to 50 (!).

Either because of this, or perhaps my own unwitting mistake, the Training Drill appears to have been recovered or destroyed while I had a mission active that required me to crew it. It wants me to put 1 to 4 crew on "Training Drill (TBD)".

The mission is not failed, but cannot be completed, and seems to just be stuck.

Any thoughts how this could occur?

I found a small bug, or I'm just not doing it right. I was offered the basic and intermediate piloting contracts. They say Jeb and Val have to be on the plane, and the plane is provided. However when I go to the plane and fly it, there's nobody on board. No contract progress either.

So I recover it thinking I can pull it from the SPH and crew it, bit it's not there, and the spawned plane is gone as well. The only way I can get it back is to abort the contract, take the rep/funding hit and then reaccept it, but the process repeats itself

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I've been troubleshooting another potential bug using the Kerbal Academy mod pack, but I noticed that the CKAN version is shown as 1.1.10 but the latest GitHub release (not the beta one) is 1.2.0. Is this a known issue?

I'm not a CKAN expert, but is there any way to get the 1.2.0 to populate on CKAN vs. only the 1.1.10 version?

In the meantime, I'll probably go ahead and download the 1.2.0 version from GitHub.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.