[1.4.3] Kerbal Academy Contract Pack [v1.2.x]

Mark Kerbin

On 3/12/2019 at 4:29 PM, scottadges said:

Hi there, I've been troubleshooting another potential bug using the Kerbal Academy mod pack, but I noticed that the CKAN version is shown as 1.1.10 but the latest GitHub release (not the beta one) is 1.2.0. Is this a known issue?

I'm not a CKAN expert, but is there any way to get the 1.2.0 to populate on CKAN vs. only the 1.1.10 version?

In the meantime, I'll probably go ahead and download the 1.2.0 version from GitHub.

Thanks!

Read a few messages back in this thread - 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are bugged and incomplete.  1.10 is the latest complete functioning version.  And the developer apparently had RL take him away months ago, so consider this mod abandoned until you hear otherwise. 1.10 is all we have.

27 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Read a few messages back in this thread - 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are bugged and incomplete.  1.10 is the latest complete functioning version.  And the developer apparently had RL take him away months ago, so consider this mod abandoned until you hear otherwise. 1.10 is all we have.

Thanks for pointing those out. I hadn't read the whole history, but I see now where things generally stand.

I've been using the 1.2.1 version from GitHub and it seems to be workings generally OK, although I might just go ahead and redownload the version 1.1.0 instead so I don't encounter any bugs.

Here's hoping @Mark Kerbin gets a chance to come back to KSP (or someone else picks this up!)

• 1 month later...

CC is spamming my logfile with this following:

190510T110442.739 [ERROR] [ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil.Log] ContractConfigurator.ExpressionRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'KerbalAcademyFieldScience', REQUIREMENT 'Expression' of type 'Expression': Error parsing expression
190510T110442.740 [EXCEPTION] [ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExperienceTraitParser.EQ] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExperienceTraitParser.EQ (Experience.ExperienceTrait a, Experience.ExperienceTrait b)
   at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ApplyBooleanOperator (.T lval, System.String op, .T rval)
   at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
   at Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
   at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
   at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[ContractConfigurator.Kerbal].ParseMethod[Boolean] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, ContractConfigurator.Kerbal obj, Boolean isFunction)
   at Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
   at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Boolean].ParseSpecialIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)
   at Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
   at Error occurred near '*':
   at (@/trainee.RosterStatus() == Available && @/trainee.ExperienceTrait() == Scientist && @/trainee.ExperienceLevel() < @/newLevel)
   at .........................................* <-- HERE
   at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Boolean].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode)
   at ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Boolean].ExecuteExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode)
   at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[Boolean] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
   at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[Boolean] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
   at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[Boolean] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, Boolean defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)
   at UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
   at ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
   at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Boolean, Func`2)
   at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)
   at ContractConfigurator.DeferredLoadUtil:ExecuteLoad(DeferredLoadObject`1)
   at System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
   at ContractConfigurator.<UpdateNonDeterministicValuesIterator>d__30:MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.<CreateConcatIterator>c__Iterator1`1:MoveNext()
   at ContractConfigurator.<GenerateContract>d__33:MoveNext()
   at ContractConfigurator.<ContractEnumerator>d__32:MoveNext()
   at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader:Update()
190510T110445.819 [ERROR] [ConfigNode.AddValue] Input is null for field 'agent' in config node 'CONTRACT'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at Contracts.Contract.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at SSTUTools.RescueContractPartSelector.OnContractOffered(Contracts.Contract contract)
   at EventData`1[[Contracts.Contract, Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].Fire(Contracts.Contract data)
   at Contracts.Contract.SetState(State newState)
   at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.set_ContractState(State value)
   at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader+<GenerateContract>d__33.MoveNext()
   at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader+<ContractEnumerator>d__32.MoveNext()
   at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader.Update()

I've tried to isolate the root but, alas, my code-fu is not that strong.

Edit: I've opened an issue on GitHub.

Edited by TranceaddicT

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the opportunity to take on a boot camp contract, but when I accepted it, it spawned a strange aircraft just in front my VAB named "Training Drill", with no one inside.

Apart from that the contracts tells me to land 500m from a waypoint....well obviously, it's impsossible to do with a simple rocket and manual control.

How does this mod work? Can someone explain to me?

I suppose you have to be in an advanced state in your career to be able to use it?

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe i'm less intelligent, as I thought, but I'm failing in getting the contracts becoming available.:valcry:

I'm in the very beginnings of a new carrer mode save, mainly concentrated on probes. So all my Kerbals are rookies (see screenshot from AC, yes the game's localizations is German), which i definitely like to be put trough training.

Spoiler

jIgUHev.jpg

The mod is properly installed and shows in the mission control. Still (see screenshot from mission control), no candidates seem to met the "Pre-Requisites".

Spoiler

Wwfz0KA.jpg

OS, Game version, mod version, CKAN:

Spoiler

Win 8.1x64

KSP v1.11.1.3066

CKAN v1.29.2

Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.10)

My list of installed mods:

Spoiler

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS) Continued (FMRSContinued 1.2.9.1)
ASET Agency  (ASETAgency 1.0)
ASET Props (ASETProps 1.5)
Astrogator (Astrogator v0.10.2)
AT Utils (AT-Utils v1.9.6)
Aviation Lights (AviationLights 1:v4.1.1)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
blackheart612's Procedural Part Textures (ProceduralParts-Textures-SCCKSCS 1)
BreakingGround-DLC (BreakingGround-DLC (unmanaged))
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.11)
Career Evolution (ContractConfigurator-CareerEvolution 1.0)
Celestial Body Science Editor (CelestialBodyScienceEditor 12.0)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.99)
Chatterer Extended (ChattererExtended 0.6.2)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.15)
CommNet Relays (ContractConfigurator-CommNetRelays v2.1.0)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v5.2.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.4.2)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.3)
Configurable Containers (ConfigurableContainers 2.6.1)
Configurable Containers Core (ConfigurableContainers-Core 2.4.8.3)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations Reborn (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 2:3.7.2.4)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: Field Research (ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch 1.2.2)
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy (ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy 1.1.10)
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus (ContractConfigurator-Tourism 1.5.2)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 9.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 9.4)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.21.0)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.3)
Dock Rotate (DockRotate v1.11.0.53)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.9.2.2)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.2)
Editor Extensions Redux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.4.2)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Stock Planet Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 2:EVE-1.2.2-1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 3:1.11.2.1)
Filter Extensions - Default Configuration (FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig 3.2.6)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 3.2.6)
Freedom Textures (FreedomTex 1:v1.5.1.0)
Hot Spot (HotSpot 0.9.0)
HullcamVDS Continued (HullcamVDSContinued 0.2.0.1)
JSIPartUtilities (JSIPartUtilities 0.5.0.4)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.13.0.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.7)
Kerbal Changelog (KerbalChangelog v1.4.1)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.8.3)
Kerbal Foundries2 (KerbalFoundriesContinued 2.4.8.18)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.28)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next (KerbalJointReinforcementNext v4.1.15)
Kerbal Reusability Expansion (SpaceXLegs 2.9.1)
Kerbalism (Kerbalism 3.12)
Kerbalism - Science-Only Config (Kerbalism-Config-ScienceOnly 3.3.1)
Kerbalism Companion Calculator (KerbalismCompanionCalculator v1.3.0)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.33.3)
Kronal Vessel Viewer Continued (KVVContinued 0.1.1)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.5)
KSP Wheel (KSPWheel 1:0.16.14.33)
LightsOut Relit (LightsOutRelit v0.3.0.1)
LoadingTipsPlus (LoadingTipsPlus V1.9)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.11.0)
MechJeb 2 - DEV RELEASE (MechJeb2-dev 2.12.0.0-1043)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.11.1)
Probes Before Crew [PBC] (ProbesBeforeCrew 2.80)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v1.8.3)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v2.1.2)
Procedural Parts - Hazard Tanks Textures (HazardTanksTextures 1.0)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Complete Texture Pack (MainSailorTextures-Complete 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Procedural Textures - Essential Textures and Flag (MainSailorTextures-Essentials 2.0.0.0.1)
Procedural Parts - Saturn / Nova Texture Pack (ProceduralParts-Textures-SaturnNova 1.2)
Procedural Parts - Ven's Revamp Style Textures (VensStylePPTextures 1.1)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 11.0)
PWB Fuel Balancer Restored (PWBFuelBalancerRestored 0.2.1.6)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.31.4)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.31.4)
RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.10.0)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.8.2)
RecoveryController (RecoveryController 0.0.4)
ReStock (ReStock 1.3.1)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.3.1)
SCANsat (SCANsat v20.4)
scatterer (Scatterer 3:v0.0723)
Scatterer Default Config (Scatterer-config 3:v0.0723)
Scatterer Sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 3:v0.0723)
Smart Tank (SmartTank v0.5.0)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.6)
Strategia (Strategia 1.8.0)
Surface Mounted Lights (surfacelights 1.18)
Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies Continued... (TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies 1:7.11)
Textures Unlimited (TexturesUnlimited 1.5.10.25)
The Janitor's Closet (JanitorsCloset 0.3.7.6)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Tracking Lights (TrackingLights 1:0.0.2.1)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.4.0)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.4.4.5)
Vessel Viewer Continued (VesselView 2:0.8.8.3)
VesselView-UI-RasterPropMonitor (VesselView-UI-RasterPropMonitor 1:0.8.8.3)
VesselView-UI-Toolbar (VesselView-UI-Toolbar 1:0.8.8.3)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.8.2.7)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

• 1 year later...

I’m having a problem when I am to use an applicant kerbal for a piloting lesson.

The problem is that I use tp-hire, there’s no way it will let me hire the kerbal with the name listed in the contract. TP-Hire always generates a new name and new kerbal, the “stock applicants” are available in the persistent.cfg file but there are no where to be found in game.

Could there be an update in which crew applicants selected for the contract are then, hired automatically?

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.