DCS World(Digital Combat Simulator) Chat Thread!

DCS  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like DCS(after playing it a few times)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sort of
    • Not really
    • I'm not sure
  2. 2. Could it be improved?

• Nope
    • Definitely
    • Mabybe
    • Don't know
    • Not much

1 minute ago, XLjedi said:

@p1t1o  ...you limit the definition of "simulation type game" to the mechanical.  Pretty sure most of your simulations have stuff like pilot blackout/redout modelled.  Some of em, you can even hear yourself breath heavy or grunt during G's.  Auto head swivel cameras...   I'm just saying that sort of thing, along with automated rudder control (another common one) should be ascribed to a bot sitting in the cockpit representing you as the pilot.  They haven't really advanced this element too far, and it really should be the next logical step.

Anyway, good chat!  I may have to dust off my DCS P-51 now and take it out for a spin! 

No, not just to the mechanical, but to the "present IRL". IRL some of these aircraft do not have automatic coordination between aileron and rudder, ergo, its not an appropriate feature in my opinion.

I think I understand what you are getting at - features designed to combat the inherent weaknesses of simulating flight on a home computer, but for some, these features would defeat the object.

Yes, good chat, Have fun in your Pony!

6 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

No, not just to the mechanical, but to the "present IRL". IRL some of these aircraft do not have automatic coordination between aileron and rudder, ergo, its not an appropriate feature in my opinion.

I think I understand what you are getting at - features designed to combat the inherent weaknesses of simulating flight on a home computer, but for some, these features would defeat the object.

Yes, good chat, Have fun in your Pony!

Ideally...  as I think about it.  I think what I want is a Pilot Bot or Avatar (maybe multiples of them) with editable settings that would just be independent of the planes.  At what point I blackout in a simulation shouldn't really be a feature of a plane either, right?  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.