Earth Day

LordFerret

Earth is good. Plants like to grow in it.

Life comes from the Sun, soaks into the earth, and then sprouts from it. Unless we go around poisoning it.

If we are careful and think things through  to their conclusions, we can still do all the commercial/industrial things we want to do on it without killing it.

7 hours ago, Dman979 said:

I like Earth, it's the only one we have.

Wait till someone decides to make Earth 2.0. On Mars.

But yeah, its a good earth. Very.... earth-y.

34 minutes ago, YNM said:

Earth-day on a Sun-day ? Doesn't sound too right...

Originally March 21st, a political figure put it on April 22nd... Sunday just happened to fall on that day this year. Also, the original Earth day meaning (' proposed a day to honor the Earth and the concept of peace ') was different than what it's been hijacked to be now. See the Wiki article.

8 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Earth is good. Plants like to grow in it.

Life comes from the Sun, soaks into the earth, and then sprouts from it. Unless we go around poisoning it.

If we are careful and think things through  to their conclusions, we can still do all the commercial/industrial things we want to do on it without killing it.

You'd better like it, you're not getting any better, 'cause you're....

STRANDED ON EARTH!

I apologise for that pun. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

8 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Originally March 21st, a political figure put it on April 22nd... Sunday just happened to fall on that day this year.

Interesting...

Next year, it'll be on Monday. In 2021 it'll be on Friday.

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

But people will still complain, especially if ... updates are delayed ...

Wondering how those used to instant gratification will deal with the data transmission time between Earth and Mars. lol

9 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Wondering how those used to instant gratification will deal with the data transmission time between Earth and Mars. lol

By doing something else in the meantime, like cleaning the solar panels.

I turned on all my lights, turned on the air conditioner, and even threw an empty soda can on the ground in my back yard...

(Actually, I knocked it off the table accidentally).

I was watching this historical documentary and saw that I must do my part to make sure the aliens do not come to take the planet away from us!

Spoiler

6 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

And here I am considering paving the postage stamp that passes for a backyard at our townhouse...

Do it.   Or make a gravel garden with raised planters.   That's what I was planning to do to my postage stamp before the wife and I split....

I used an electric push mower, did the whole yard in under an hour or so, which includes the logistics of unwrapping the cord from around trees.   Next door neighbor had a smaller yard, and a huge riding mower.  They'd spend more time than I did overall, just going back to get all the spots the riding mower couldn't hit. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.