[1.12.x] Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

That worked! Thank you so much you guys are my heroes for reviving KerbPaint

Also, I'm sure I'm just not reading correctly but I can't help but be confused because I installed the procedural wings add on inside of the TURD folder as instructed and the b9 procedural wings aren't changed and there isn't an option to paint them. I read the config file, it appears it's looking for the old procedural dynamics mod but that mod doesn't work with ksp 1.9.x... am I being silly or does TURD not support procedural wings

Edited by ShallowBowl2717

Hey Manwith Noname.

This is an excellent mod.  It rekindled my love of KSP. I had gotten frustrated with how bad individual ships and stations were looking with mismatched textures and colors.  Suddenly I can create beautiful ships with cohesive designs...

I would love to see this expanded to other mods!  Universal Storage, for example.  There's only three parts that need skinning.

Have you considered setting up a Patreon?  I'd love to support you!

My thoughts:

1. How difficult would it be for other mods to adopt the same texturing system out of the box?

2. Is there any virtue to crowdsourcing the work, instead of having you do it all?

Forgive my ignorance.  I don't know a thing about computers besides how to play KSP and CSGO.  I'll learn if it means I can help!

H5QuKbE.jpg3i0tD8r.jpg

Edited by bSpace
Imagea

On 5/10/2020 at 11:27 PM, bSpace said:

Hey Manwith Noname.

This is an excellent mod.  It rekindled my love of KSP. I had gotten frustrated with how bad individual ships and stations were looking with mismatched textures and colors.  Suddenly I can create beautiful ships with cohesive designs...

I would love to see this expanded to other mods!  Universal Storage, for example.  There's only three parts that need skinning.

Have you considered setting up a Patreon?  I'd love to support you!

My thoughts:

1. How difficult would it be for other mods to adopt the same texturing system out of the box?

2. Is there any virtue to crowdsourcing the work, instead of having you do it all?

Forgive my ignorance.  I don't know a thing about computers besides how to play KSP and CSGO.  I'll learn if it means I can help!

H5QuKbE.jpg3i0tD8r.jpg

i don't know that much either, but you need to create configs for each mod, and some mods may not be able to support it for some unforseen reason, and if you can't work around that some devs may not want to change their mods for texture replacer 

this is what @Manwith Noname told me

Incredible mod, having lots of fun painting my planes, only problem really is that if i want a uniform texture/color for a whole plane I have to color every part by hand, I'd really love some form of "Color All" button if that's even possible, it'd make things significantly easier

Hi, does texture switching work if there are other configs already for other mods or does it also have to be configured? It would be amazing. There's a Magpie mod that ads configs for any mod but it can't switch them, maybe you could partner with him or release a separate plugin just for texture switching

1 hour ago, PaladinPizza said:

noob question here, but does this apply the pbr reflections to stock parts, or is that a seperate mod? is there a program i need to use to generate them?

thanks!

You will need Textures Unlimited 

38 minutes ago, PaladinPizza said:

I do have Textures Unlimited. When I use it, there arent any PBR shaders on the parts. Is there a seperate pack I need?

When you right-click on a part, do you have a variant selector, and/or a recoloring GUI button?