[1.12.x] Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

• 2 weeks later...

A quick apology for not replying to posts over the past two months. I don't really want to make a huge post responding to everything so I'll just continue with the post I came to make.

A new pack is available covering the Airplane Plus mod by @blackheart612. I wish to make it clear the pack is not finished but has been uploaded as my attention will shift toward fixing up breakages and covering new parts from the 1.10 update in the core stock pack. If I don't upload it now, it'll just sit around on my hard drive for the undetermined amount of time that it takes to get stock sorted.

On that note, the stock pack has been sitting waiting for certain dev branch features of Textures Unlimited to be pushed through to the master branch. I don't want anyone pestering for these updates so while I will not update the links in the main post until then, I'll provide a link in this post, here. This will only work with the dev branch build of Textures Unlimited. Provided you are using the latest public release of TU, simply replacing the Textures Unlimited dll with the one from here should be good for running these configs in KSP 1.9.x. Please don't make me regret doing this, hehe. That means no complaining to anyone but me if something is broken.

• 2 weeks later...

Is adding parts from "Making History" is planned ? :D It could be so nice ! and a compatibility with the "Restock" and "Restock+" mod ? :) 

Anyway, thank you for your mod that's great !

On 6/30/2020 at 9:35 AM, xD-FireStriker said:

Does this work with ReStock and in 1.9?

On my computer, it doesn't work very well. No parts from Restock can change color, I guess because textures are not the same as Stock part. Then, you can change color only of parts that Restock didn't yet change : mostly plan part. But even in this case, there is a couple of parts who is bug.

On 7/1/2020 at 6:15 PM, garyhoover said:

I hope the author can update the latest version as soon as possible   please 1.10;.;

Weirdly, I can use Textures unlimited recolour in 1.10 without any bug. This time I don't use a lot of mod, only this one for parts.

Of course, I can't change color of new parts from the 1.10 :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone, thanks for this mod, it really looks nice :)

Thought, as shown in the first page and as experienced in game, some parts are not fully covered with the Red, Green, Blue channel : some part keep being "neutral", which is globally fine, except for some lights situations and hen metallic colors is vastly used on the craft : the difference can be a bit "strong".

Is it possible to affect a whole "metallic aspect" to the parts, just like the "Appearance : it's all shiny" slider, while keeping the possibility to recolor the Red Blue Green channel ?

Also, the front small controllable surfaces has this blue boarders, another solution would be to give a blue layer for the "black parts" ?

k0TWPHA.png

Edited by Dakitess

screenshot29.png

i was wondering if bdarmory (either the original or Scott manly version), Prometheus industries parts (like that of the drop fuel tank) , mk2 expansion and eskandare industries parts (like the cockpit on this f14 variant) would be Compatible to texture unlimited? if not, is there a way i can make a file so that i can make said textures and colors?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I need help please.. I need to recolour a part added to Airplane plus mod... Its the realistic version engine from the tempest engine from Airplane plus... The Wright 3350 26w cyclone used on the b-29 superfortress. Think it was the config from AJE mod that created it as copy of the tempest 

I'm not sure but please tell me how to create the config file to apply Turd colours... I am struggling to find where the part file is or not sure help would be appreciated thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving this mod, I can't believe I have been sitting on it for so long without ever really using it! The downside is that I've now come to realize that I've got a lot of other mods that sadly have no TU profiles (Firespitter, MAD, Eskandre). Hopefully someday those can be made compatible with TU! 

On a side note, is there a tutorial for making TU profiles for parts? I might try my hand at making some if I can be pointed to the right direction. 

y1lsoxfjym761.png?width=2560&format=png&

Edited by AirShark

1 hour ago, AirShark said:

I'm loving this mod, I can't believe I have been sitting on it for so long without ever really using it! The downside is that I've now come to realize that I've got a lot of other mods that sadly have no TU profiles (Firespitter, MAD, Eskandre). Hopefully someday those can be made compatible with TU! 

On a side note, is there a tutorial for making TU profiles for parts? I might try my hand at making some if I can be pointed to the right direction. 

y1lsoxfjym761.png?width=2560&format=png&

Pretty!

I've not tinkered with this yet, but if you dig into the files, you'll see a pair of DDSs for each implemented part.  The part configs themselves seem a bit more involved --- some have part variants *and* recoloring options? :D

On 12/27/2020 at 1:20 AM, Beetlecat said:

Pretty!

I've not tinkered with this yet, but if you dig into the files, you'll see a pair of DDSs for each implemented part.  The part configs themselves seem a bit more involved --- some have part variants *and* recoloring options? :D

Thanks! Wish me luck, I'm going to give this a try. I can share my work here if anyone is interested (that is if I can get something to work). 

2 hours ago, AirShark said:

Thanks! Wish me luck, I'm going to give this a try. I can share my work here if anyone is interested (that is if I can get something to work). 

I'm sure a lot of us would be interested! -- which parts/packs are you looking at of Eskandre's? 

If it goes well, this could easily spin off into a community config pack. That's definitely what the TU author has in mind. :)

Sorry...excuse me...erm..hi...is it time for an update?

I've been somewhat distracted is probably the best way to put things. Aside from general life, Microsoft Flight Sim came along and I've been tinkering with that in my spare time mostly. I can push an update for 1.10 content and may look at the new 1.11 stuff too. I did make headway with 1.10 compatibility but I think the magneto probe thing might want some love still. Accodring to my notepad list which I grabbed and ammended from the KSP patch notes...

+++ Parts
* Add fuel line ESA variant. // !DONE!
* Revamped Struts and added white variant. // !DONE!

* Added a white and yellow variant to all TD decouplers and TS separators. // !DONE! Maybe some fine tuning and tweaks.

* Add Thoroughbred (acually the Kickback) ESA variant. // !DONE! Might change some things. (Stripes, engine bell, norm values)

* Added the ESA variant to the Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank. // !DONE! Kinda, I think, needs more work...ohhh, specs not done!
* Added Rockomax X200-32 ESA variant. // !DONE! Kinda, I think, needs more work...ohhh, specs not done!

* Revamped R-11 'Baguette' External Tank and added silver variant. // !DONE!
* Revamped R-4 'Dumpling' External Tank and added silver variant. // !DONE!
* Revamped R-12 'Doughnut' External Tank and added silver variant. // !DONE!

* Added new variants to the fairings size 1, 2 and 3. Now we have them in white, black and white, orange, silver and gold. // !DONE! Some Norm tweaking perhaps

* Advanced Grabbing Unit textures revamped and added a Dark variant. // !MOSTLY DONE! Quite like it as is but maybe tweak more. Oh, Spec needs sorting. End Cap diff too. BaseSelevs also.
* New Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr. With 2 variants

* New Moho Planetary Observer (MPO) Probe.
* New Moho Transfer Module (MTM).

* New Magnetometer Boom science experiment.

POODLE!

So, I'll have a look at some point. Not dead...just distracted.

Don't let me stop anybody from attacking things though...more a heads up that some stuff might be time better spent on other things.

Spoiler

4588DDF184AE009545A0A061BA34EF9E18CB5FBC

Edited by Manwith Noname

On 12/28/2020 at 5:50 PM, Beetlecat said:

I'm sure a lot of us would be interested! -- which parts/packs are you looking at of Eskandre's? 

If it goes well, this could easily spin off into a community config pack. That's definitely what the TU author has in mind. :)

Ah just the cockpits pack. I'll start with a custom config for Procedural Parts though just as a bit of a practice run, and take it up a notch it that goes well. 

Thanks for great mod! may i ask you a question?

1. Does this mod compatible with Restock or Ven's Stock revamp?

2. How to save color config for each parts? for example, if i want to use MK1 command pod as 'It's all shiny!', then should i change appearance setting every time i pick it up? 

• 2 weeks later...

@EpicCybertronian I made a post pointing that issue out in the B9 thread a while back when the functionality was added. There's a config buried in the B9 pWings thread that fixes it but I did also make a start at the time with getting the actual B9 textures functional rather than relying entirely on ProcParts.

Spoiler

79EC38C8F58C486748D3020BC3490B5D81C93C76

It's all there and working correctly but needs some more finishing. This will require that the bundled config in B9 be removed though.

On a related note, if anyone knows of a download to B9 pWings that includes the "stockalike" textures (The ones on the left. I have an original download with the futuristic B9 textures) in a non lossy format, that would be great. I looked for some hours in the past but failed to find anything other than dds. I can doctor things but it's a PITA if I'm honest. I did also message Bac9 around the time I started all this hoping something may come but...

Edit:

Here is the post which contains a config that should make everything behave itself with the ProcParts textures and B9pWings.

Edited by Manwith Noname