[1.12.x] Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

There  is a lot of people can't access the download link, wich is your google drive,which means we can't use Google,  it is just frustrating...I really like this mod,can you please open up another download link  from Github or Spacedock or some other approaches,we will  be very much grateful.

10 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

There  is a lot of people can't access the download link, wich is your google drive,which means we can't use Google,  it is just frustrating...I really like this mod,can you please open up another download link  from Github or Spacedock or some other approaches,we will  be very much grateful.

How can you not get a GDrive link?

You click "Download"

7 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

To Akagi:it's rather simple actually...i am a Chinese android user,and Google has firewalls  for people like me.

Hmmm... Right across the (albeit small) pond from you. @Manwith Noname? If you could, could you rectify this?

Stupid firewalls.

And, you can @ping me, which gives me a notification.

Edited by Akagi

On 4/26/2022 at 9:21 AM, Manwith Noname said:

Yes. Probably the simplest thing to do is install the stock recolour, copy the Recolour_Texture_Sets.cfg and Colour_Presets.cfg files and move them up one level out of the TU_Stock_Recolour folder. Do the same with the Metal_Texture_Sets.cfg file inside TU_Extras. You can now delete both those folders. Then in the TU_Standardised_Switching folder keep the standardised texture sets config but delete the other two configs.

You basically want to end up with all the Texture Sets config files, the colour presets (though these are not overly critical) and the placeholder textures. The textures need to remain in the folder path they come in or you need to edit all the file paths in the configs to match wherever you put them.

So I want Colour_Presets.cfg , Metal_Texture_Sets.cfg , Recolour_Texture_Sets.cfg and inside TU_Standardised_Switching I want 112x_Standardised_TextureSets.cfg 

Thanks a bunch, Sounds like I left a config in TU_Extras 

Hey @Manwith Nonamedo you have a repo or would you be willing to share a few example PSD files that I could use to try and figure out the workflow for extending this functionality to other mods?  I was looking at the DDS files on the stock recolor in photoshop and I think I got pretty close when I tried to replicate the specular map on a stock fuel tank by messing with curves and contrast, but seeing some examples of what exactly you've done would be most helpful. 

Don't want to get too ambitious and start announcing grand plans, but there's a few parts in mods that I like that don't have the maps/configs that I'd like to try to create them for.  Of course I would be willing to do so as a contributor to this mod if it develops into something resembling configs/maps for an entire mod or more.

• 2 weeks later...

I might have found a problem with two mk3 expansion docking port parts.  I used a basic 1.12.3 test install for testing with only Mk3 expansion and TU.  I have reflections enabled, render quality on highest and I used the bundled version of TU.  If I missed something, let me know.

ChrNlSP.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked time and time again, i'm newly back to KSP heavy modding and its hard to keep track of which mods / addons are updated and which are 3 years old and shouldnt even be attempted :D

I'm of course running Textures Unlimited, and this Recolor mod.
Now, i'm looking for where i can find compatible recolors for the NearFutureTech mods (liquid hydrogen/methane engines, the other parts), as well as some fuel tanks that i *think* are stock but arent supported in this recolor (the fuel adapters and the mid-sized tanks).

I'm running these versions;
TexturesUnlimited-1.5.10.25
TU_Stock Recolour_v0_3_10
TU_pWingsB9_v0_1_0

I'm looking for recolor mods for these;
NearFuture (all packs)
FarFutureTechnologies_1_2_0
SCANsat-v20.4
Pathfinder-1.38.0
KerbalAtomics_1_3_3
DMagic_Orbital_Science-1.4.3

Do those exist or is it just a case of, nobody has put in the work on making those mods compatible yet (understandable given the amount)?
Thanks, sorry for just splashing a big list, ive searched in google but found very sporadic extremely old / incomplete packs.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't download this.  Says "This page isn't working.  Too many redirects.  Try deleting your cookies."  I tried that still doesn't work.    Can you upload it somewhere else possibly?

Edited by mcbmaestro

2 hours ago, mcbmaestro said:

Can't download this.  Says "This page isn't working.  Too many redirects.  Try deleting your cookies."  I tried that still doesn't work.    Can you upload it somewhere else possibly?

is it one specific file, or all of them?

On 6/8/2022 at 3:06 PM, jwandel said:

What is the difference between Store Color and Store Pattern? Amazing mod, by the way. Thanks

I know this is delayed and you might have already figured it out, but based on my experience:

First, pattern refers to the several color slots at the top of the window that you can edit. Simple parts with no special masking will just use the first color for the entire part, while parts that have masking might use 2 or 3 in different areas of the part. Good examples are Mk2 / Mk3 plane parts, which have the fuselage, stripes, and sometimes doors or other interesting greebles that can be colored differently. You can set the top/bottom of the fuselage to be metallic silver, the stripe black, etc. So together, all of those colors are the pattern. So, with that in mind:

• Store Color: Stores the current color settings (RGB + Metallic and Specular settings). You can recall this across multiple parts using Load Color. So,  find a color you really like that you want to use across the craft, or even on multiple color slots in the same pattern? Easy - use Store Color / Load Color. 
  • Store Pattern: This will store all colors used on the current part as a "pattern". Change the colors for the part until you have a scheme you like, then use Store Pattern. Load Pattern lets you then apply all of those colors to another part without needing to select / edit each individually. This is great when you are wanting to quickly apply a consistent paint scheme to a craft that has parts from the same family (i.e., the Mk3). 

Note that each of these only stores one thing. If you store another color, it overwrites the previous one stored. Same with pattern.

Hopefully that helps.

Edited by Zelda

5 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

is it one specific file, or all of them?

The main one:

112x_TU_Stock Recolour_v0_3_10.zip (195M)

However,  I did manage to download it using another browser than Chrome.  So I guess it's just a issue with my chrome.

Would KSP Restock mod prevent this mod prevent some parts from being changable?   I'm only able to edit appearance on a few parts.

EDIT:  Yep, removing Restock resolved it.  All good now. :D

Edited by mcbmaestro

1 hour ago, mcbmaestro said:

The main one:

112x_TU_Stock Recolour_v0_3_10.zip (195M)

However,  I did manage to download it using another browser than Chrome.  So I guess it's just a issue with my chrome.

Would KSP Restock mod prevent this mod prevent some parts from being changable?   I'm only able to edit appearance on a few parts.

Great to hear the file is still working! :D

And for your question: almost certainly. The models are different so the textures wouldn't overlay properly, if at all. Anything changed by ReStock would need all new TURD configs.

Some catch up...

@yoyotam3 Yeah, fairings are a known issue. Mainly when trying to apply the stock shader. Using a recolour shader should work, with other slight issues.

@Baleurion Essentially, yes, to my knowledge there are no publically available packages for the mods you listed. Unfortunately.

@Joker58th Thanks for the heads up. Fixed locally, kinda want to do some more to the base pack as the updated MK2 and MK3 expansion packs rely on some changes there. No ETA but Soon™.

Re-sourced Resources

Spoiler

018AADC233DC56D157F74104A398565F0492CBFC

The base recolour package has been updated with a focus on parts under the resources folder. Now your survey and mining vessels can receive a matching splash of colour. Alongside this there has been some more polishing of other parts including the MK3 fuel tanks.

Spoiler

C18072A6C0CA530E0678E6BC49B7BC1E161F5DB7

The MK2 and MK3 Expansion packs have also been updated and corrected for changes surrounding the not so new docking ports.

As usual, I advise deleting the corresponding existing recolour folders to avoid any potential conflicts.

• 1 month later...

I'm curious if there has ever been an attempt to create a Global colour selection of some kind? An Apply to All of sorts? I often repaint a craft and when there's a couple hundred parts, such a global function would serve a great QoL purpose.

Anyway thanks for maintaining. :)

• 4 weeks later...