[1.12.x] Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

On 4/5/2020 at 12:04 AM, Agustin said:

How can I make for the PBR shaders be the default when I put a new part on the editor?

And If I can make a custom paint it would be even better...

If you want to change the default set that appears when you place a part:

1) Open The Standardised Switching config.

2) FInd and replace...

currentTextureSet = Stock_Default

With either...

currentTextureSet = Alternate_Stock_Metallic

...or...

currentTextureSet = MWNN_Stock_Paint

This should work fine for 90% of the parts. In some cases, I may have drifted away from the naming convention for various reasons and then there's parts set up to use the stock PartVariant module. If a part doesn't work right, you should be able to find the part in the configs and see why just by checking the line where the texture set is applied to the switching module. You'll want to make the currentTextureSet line match the name of the textureSet.

For preset colouring, open the Recolour Texture Sets config. Look for the colour block within the MWNN_Stock_Paint setup. Change those to match a preset colour from the Color Presets config in the Textures Unlimited folder or make some of your own presets and apply them. You can also apply colours without presets via directly referencing RGB values I believe but I have never tested this.

Note, this is global and these apply to every part when the Stock Paint set is selected. If you want specific colours on specific parts, you would be best writing a patch that modifies the COLOR block within all of the specific sets configured in the main recolour file. Yes, this would take a fair amount of time but having a separate module manager patch that does this would save headaches down the road you would likely run in to by editing the configs themselves. That's not to say the patch will work forever but breakages will most likely only occur when a part is redesigned...hopefully.

On 4/6/2020 at 1:34 PM, Manwith Noname said:

So following the first instructions,  I have to do that with every part, right? I thought I could only change it with one line... Silly me.

On 4/7/2020 at 2:46 AM, beaucoupzero said:

De1V6eF.jpg

the pwing configs are pure magic @Manwith Noname and i just started to play with it. THANK YOU!

You can make transparency? I didn't notice that.

1 hour ago, Agustin said:

So following the first instructions,  I have to do that with every part, right? I thought I could only change it with one line... Silly me.

You can make transparency? I didn't notice that.

no it`s a separate mod called E4 that adds these windows. you can save a coloring preset and apply it to each part, so simple!

8 hours ago, Agustin said:

Heh, not so silly. I'll explain better.

Open the configs in a text editor, basic Notepad is fine for this, then use the Find and Replace function (typically CTRL+H). In the find field enter the first block, in the replace field enter one of the following blocks.

I suspect, there may be some parts that this doesn't work on for various reasons (mainly those using Part Variants) but manually editing those wouldn't be as much of a pain as doing every single part.

Is there a way I can manually change a part using this (hope this is the right place to ask, if not I'll ask in TU) to change parts that TU previously didn't touch?  I have a couple part packs that could do with some of this beauty.  Stock Alike Station Parts Expansion Redux for example.  I'm not familiar with modding, but easy to copy configs with simple name changes where needed I can handle. :P

1 hour ago, Arco123 said:

What pwing mod is that?

If you mean the windows, it's a different mod:

On 4/8/2020 at 3:15 AM, beaucoupzero said:

no it`s a separate mod called E4 that adds these windows. you can save a coloring preset and apply it to each part, so simple!

On 4/13/2020 at 9:35 AM, Arco123 said:

No, I mean the body decals. Like the strips and stuff. Looks cool tho! 

There are a few. 'Decal stickers' and Nebula decals are common, but not all of the ones he uses in videos are in the packs. He probably added them himself.

Wild Blue apparently just added a new one:

Haven't tried it.

edit: here's the video of him building it. He uses a lot of decals.

Edited by WallHaxx
video

12 hours ago, Grem said:

Hello! Does this mod conflict with StationPartsExpansionRedux mod? Can't Repaint Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2

StationPartsExpansionRedux substitutes its own textures over some part's stock textures so that you can't repaint them with this mod.

If you don't want the StationPartsExpansion textures on the Mobile Processing Lab or the cupola, and other stock parts then you can remove the config file "SSPXr-StockPartReplacements.cfg" out of the folder "GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\Patches." Then TU Recolor Depot will be able to customize the textures on those stock parts again.

Edited by HvP

• 2 weeks later...