[1.12.x] Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

Does this work on 1.3.1?
Because I installed but when trying to change textures it says <<not found>>
Can I do something to get it to work on 1.3.1?
Or should I use old Electrocutor's patch to use textures unlimited in stock parts ( and mk2/3 is possible too?)?
thanks...

20 hours ago, Agustin said:

Does this work on 1.3.1?

Not without doing some edits.  The config file layout was changed in TU between 1.3 and 1.4, so the current configs are not backwards compatible.

Can I do something to get it to work on 1.3.1?

In essence you need to edit the files and replace occurrences of MATERIAL with TEXTURE;  but that might not be all, and some of the features used in the configs might not be available in the previous releases.  So I couldn't guarantee anything, and it would probably break as much as it fixed.

Or should I use old Electrocutor's patch to use textures unlimited in stock parts ( and mk2/3 is possible too?)?

Not going to work either unless you can find a really old version of it.

2 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

"In essence you need to edit the files and replace occurrences of MATERIAL with TEXTURE..."

Did that on all CFG files where @MATERIAL and MATERIAL I changed to @TEXTURE and TEXTURE.
But it didn't work. right clicking a part says NOT FOUND in the textures part. 

I know you said it was not the only thing to do, but I just wanted to let you all know just because...
Nevertheless I did get an old Electrocutor patch and I have the old pretty stock parts quite shiny and also have the SSTU parts so that's something!
Thanks a lot.

11 hours ago, Agustin said:

I know you said it was not the only thing to do, but I just wanted to let you all know just because...

The other parts that need changing are the texture set entries in the texture switch module. From...

textureSet = sometexturesetnamehere

...to...

TEXTURESET
		{
			name = sometexturenamehere
		}

7 hours ago, Thorn_Ike said:

By "appropriately within the game directory", where does it mean?

It means, placing the TURD folder inside the GameData folder of your KSP install. You should end up with the following...

.../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/TURD/...

2 hours ago, Manwith Noname said:

The other parts that need changing are the texture set entries in the texture switch module. From...

textureSet = sometexturesetnamehere

...to...

TEXTURESET
		{
			name = sometexturenamehere
		}

Hey thanks!
IS this example OK?
xOWwnmA.png

And also! what about this? should I leave it as it is?

VL2vdPQ.png

Oh yes! Now playing in 1.4.5 and KSP is fantastic now. Using MK2 and MK3 also..
I just want to ask though, two things:
One, why are the engines not so much "shiny" as they used to be in electrocutor's old patch? It seems the all shiny isn't so much shiny as other parts are.
And the other question is: How can I make the shiny textures be the default one, so when I bring a part into the editor it is already shiny by default?
Just two simple questions with no intention of being hurtful. I LOVE the new recolour Textures Unlimited parts. It is just amazing and it looks SO good. and so fluently with no FPS drop at all. Amazing. I'll upload some images soon. :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :) 

7 hours ago, Agustin said:

Oh yes! Now playing in 1.4.5 and KSP is fantastic now. Using MK2 and MK3 also..
I just want to ask though, two things:
One, why are the engines not so much "shiny" as they used to be in electrocutor's old patch? It seems the all shiny isn't so much shiny as other parts are.
And the other question is: How can I make the shiny textures be the default one, so when I bring a part into the editor it is already shiny by default?
Just two simple questions with no intention of being hurtful. I LOVE the new recolour Textures Unlimited parts. It is just amazing and it looks SO good. and so fluently with no FPS drop at all. Amazing. I'll upload some images soon. :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :)  :) :) :) :) :) 

Edit GameData\000_TexturesUnlimited\ColorPresets.cfg until the default colors look how you want your defaults to be.

@Manwith Noname

From experience: try not to use excludeMesh=, and instead use mesh= for every mesh you want to change. Using excludeMesh can cause adverse effects when combined with other mods that modify parts, such as indicator lights.

I've created recolor configs for @Nils277 Feline rover here if you want some examples of the new syntax. I did not include anything for part variants since his original pack does not use it. I also have not utilized his original specular values using keyword=TU_STOCK_SPEC because I currently don't know how to turn the alpha channel into a visual representation that I can use color picker against to sample the levels to use in _SmoothnessNorm.

Edited by Electrocutor

8 hours ago, Agustin said:

One, why are the engines not so much "shiny" as they used to be in electrocutor's old patch?

Yeah, that wasn't 100% intentional, I changed some values as a test at one point then never went back. You can simply edit the value for smoothness in the metal textureset config, higher values will give more shine. The main idea with the metallic config was to give people a starting point to create their own sets just by copying the files, renaming them and then editing certain values and texture paths.

8 hours ago, Agustin said:

Open the standardised switching config, then using find and replace change..

currentTextureSet = Stock_Default

to

currentTextureSet = Alternate_Stock_Metallic

That should work...hopefully. That was kind of the plan with how things are structured in their names anyway.

1 hour ago, Electrocutor said:

From experience: try not to use excludeMesh=, and instead use mesh= for every mesh you want to change. Using excludeMesh can cause adverse effects when combined with other mods that modify parts, such as indicator lights.

I've already done this in my local configs as a result of the conflicts that came up with Station Parts and Ven's.

In 151 i have the miniature parts with reflection it is really beautiful. Made alternate metalic default in parts and using opengl 4.5

However some parts are not working properly. The Fl-... tanks look gorgeausly reflective in miniature. Bit when I take the part into the editor it is black and trying the textures that come with them the reflectiveness breaks so to speak. Strangely in miniature it is workinh while you hover over the nouse and it starts rotating on ots own in smaller scale. And there the fl tanks look really nice.

I think it is because this mod hasnt been updated yet.

29 minutes ago, Agustin said:

In 151 i have the miniature parts with reflection it is really beautiful. Made alternate metalic default in parts and using opengl 4.5

However some parts are not working properly. The Fl-... tanks look gorgeausly reflective in miniature. Bit when I take the part into the editor it is black and trying the textures that come with them the reflectiveness breaks so to speak. Strangely in miniature it is workinh while you hover over the nouse and it starts rotating on ots own in smaller scale. And there the fl tanks look really nice.

I think it is because this mod hasnt been updated yet.

Any of the new parts that were introduced in 1.5 will not work with this yet because they remade the models, so the uvmaps do not line up. You'll just have t wait.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

No, I'm talking about that: https://spacedock.info/mod/1841/Textures Unlimited Default Stock Config - Unofficial

Found here in the forum anywhere some time ago.

Here's the mesh-names you'll need to exclude:

excludeMesh = GreenhouseGlass (1)
        excludeMesh = GreenhouseGlass (2)
        excludeMesh = GreenhousePlants (1)
        excludeMesh = Plant01

• 4 months later...

Cool mod, but I think I have some problem with missing textures. It's working fine for most parts but some others have messed up textures or appear all black. 

Here is HECS2 with messed up texture: https://imgur.com/a/kx2vDPc and some fuel tanks that appear all black for some reason https://imgur.com/a/UgHnaSV

I've tried running it with d11 and gl, removing all other mods and leaving only TU, module manager and this one, but it still has the same issues.

Can anyone help me get or make a patch to omit Restock and SSPXr parts from retexturing? I mostly want this for planes. Restock changes 150+ parts so making a patch might be a challenge. Luckily, I think a lot of the plane parts are spared, but some aren't. I'm a novice at editing configs/patches, but I'm good at learning, if I have the right info.

first off how does this mod work? can you color parts independently or is it just a single style for the whole craft? I would prefer individual part coloring so I get better more custom paintjobs... and second can you add support for the following mods: prakasa aeroworks, and pretty much all of the B9 aerospace mods(including any procedural wings mods). the reason I am asking is because I am looking for a paint tool mod with a WIDE range of support... also can it be on ckan?

something is wrong! with most parts I can only use primary and it colors the whole part! how do I make secondary and detail work? also to add to my list of mods that need to be supported are dr jets chop shop, deep sky, and a few others I will remember later... anyways this is a step in the right direction... oh and btw b9 aerospace parts are affected by this mod but need MAJOR work including the procedural wings that have a completely diferent texture UV wrapped onto them perhaps you could look into this IF ANYONE HERE IS ALIVE I mean the part coloring is ok but the textures MAJORLY need fixing for procedural wings and stuff... so if possible could mod support be added along with CKAN implementation?

Edited by mindseyemodels

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh..sweet to see a release! 

I agree with possible b9 parts implementation. Ive always used b9 parts sparingly simply because the textures and colors dont match up very well with stock in my opinion.

Ohh and I played around with this mod for about an hour last night. The MK2X ram intake part is probably one of my fav intakes. But the recoloring only gets applied to the back half of the model. Has anyone else noticed this? Wanted to report it but perhaps i have too many mods installed or something. I can post a pic later if need be but im not at my pc atm.

@mindseyemodels from what i can tell  so far you can recolor any part individuality. But if you have a craft built in the editor then recolor the root part it will be applied to the whole craft. Ive also come across a bug where it will turn the part all white but im not sure how. I havnt been able to recreate it(i havnt really tried honestly) but deleting the part and grabbing it again from the side part menu will reset the process to default colors(i think)