[1.12] Community Parts Titles (2022-02-14)

flart

10 minutes ago, flart said:

whatever version they used, 0.3.3 or 0.3.4, because parts share the same #autoloc 

Create your own #autoloc :) and use MM to patch it to the adapter.

When I next get a chance I'll have a play PM you the results.  May not be till after Christmas though.

Peace.

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Create your own #autoloc :) and use MM to patch it to the adapter.

In the start, the mod intended to be clearly localization, and patches was an exception for FTP&SpaceY 
This way it could be localizable to other languages, but now third of the mod are patches... so yea, I will do that :)

Version 0.3.5

• ksp 1.3.0 - ksp 1.6.9, compatibility is back!  
    old s2-s3 adapter is "Adapter 25-37 Kerbodyne Brand" (whatever you have the old ksp 1.3-1.5 or you have enabled the old part on the ksp1.6)
    new s2-s3 tank is "Kerbodyne S2-S3 Adapter Tank" 
  • new: Mk1PrototypeCockpit

wFfFP3V.png

Edited by flart

• 2 weeks later...

This is just too freaking awesome! I just finished a few days with this installed on my 'starting to collect all my mods for 1.6' game, and it helps so much in the VAB/SPH

It also seems to have nice synergy with The Janitor's Closet

Between the two of them, it helps tame the parts I have collected using my large assembly of mods.

Thank you for this mod.

Edited by Padrone
Confusion

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Spyros said:

This does not include "Making history" parts, if I understand well? 

Support for the DLC is included, stock and DLC are sharing the same en-us.cfg in the mod's folder

Edited by flart

13 minutes ago, flart said:

Support for the DLC is included, stock and DLC are sharing the same en-us.cfg in the mod's folder

I haven't installed it yet, but I had a quick search at the cfg and when I looked for some DLC parts such as the "KV" command pods, or the Engine Plates and I didn't find them. Is this on purpose or was it by mistake? 

1 minute ago, Spyros said:

such as the "KV" command pods, or the Engine Plates

I am satisfied how KV command pods and Engine Plates are titled, so I never have copied them to the file :) 

But you can find section with DLC engines or SM Service Module.
Some of them unchanged or even commented out, because there was some work with these groups of parts

9 minutes ago, flart said:

I am satisfied how KV command pods and Engine Plates are titled, so I never have copied them to the file :) 

But you can find section with DLC engines or SM Service Module.
Some of them unchanged or even commented out, because there was some work with these groups of parts

Ok, thanks!

Good job, this a nice mod, I was looking for something like this for some time now, well done!!!

However, I wish that some parts would be ordered a bit differently (according to my taste), including a different order of the engines. 

Therefore, I might end up making my own mod to have my custom arrangement of parts. 

Cheers

17 hours ago, Spyros said:

I wish that some parts would be ordered a bit differently (according to my taste), including a different order of the engines. 

I was very careful with the engines because:

• there are many possible grouping: by Fuel, by Size, by purpose (vacuum, surface)
  • some of engines numbers are a reference to real world engines — so I can't just change them.

The most obvious grouping was done: Jets, SRBs, Wolfhound+Poodle, Twitch+Cub, Mastodon+Mainsail, but mostly I leaved engines unchanged, and put mods engine, what are strictly relative to stock engines to the same "group" with the stock.

If you have some idea, you can make PR or issue on the github

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BlackHat said:

I would love to see SXT

At some point I will add SXT for sure.

Some large mods have very limited amount of interesting parts, so I was copying only them to a local GameData/0_My/mod_name
And I was making new titles for them, but only for the parts what I am using, and SXT is one of these mods.

I have copied the localization to the dropbox, you can try it out (just put files to the 002_CPT folder, or make the new one 002_CPT_local

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gqayu7562r1xywx/AACHPMNTUMu4V3Q77mhemSvEa?dl=0

Edited by flart

Nice, Yeah I had already manually renamed the SRBs for SXT so they would be grouped with the others.

size2SRB = SRB-25-100 KD350k "Linebacker" (SXT)

KickMotor = SRB-12-0 RT-3 "Gnat" (SXT)

I do wonder, it looks like you include other part info in addition to the title. (Manufacturer & Description) but they look like a duplicate of the existing info. Is there a reason for that? Or did I just miss the changes in them? 

10 hours ago, BlackHat said:

but they look like a duplicate of the existing info.

They are duplicates. Files in the dropbox are not "fixes" for the existing in other places localization (as all files in the CPT), They are the only localization files for my local reduced copy of the some mods, including SXT.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 0.4.0

• new:
    • ReStock+ 0.1.1
    • Universal Storage 2
    • RLA Reborn
    • Mandatory RCS Part Pack
    • Dock Rotate
    • PWB Fuel Balancer Restored
  • updates:
    • KPBS
    • tanks
    • solar-panels
    • rcs-blocks
    • srb 0.6m
  • patches in the Extras\ are installed by default (CCK support):
    • all KAS parts in the cck-eva category
    • fill cck-light category
    • new cck-universal-storage category
    • hide cck parts from the stock categories
Edited by flart

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know exactly what was affected, but installing Comunity Parts titles made several parts from Universal Storage 2 disappear. I was unable too of finding any part by putting universal in the search bar.

In particular, the ones I noticed were the food, water and oxygen wedges. I am also using kerbalism.

Removing this mod solved the problem.

4 hours ago, Tacombel said:

CPT made food, water and oxygen wedges from Universal Storage 2 disappear. I am also using kerbalism

Confirmed, if you have CPT, CCategoryKit, US2 and Kerbalism, the US2 LifeSupport wedges disappear.

There are four persons on a square, talking simultaneously about each other, and everyone have something to say.

You could make the parts reappear by adding :FINAL to the second MM-patch in the 002_CPT/Extras/category_univ-storage.cfg

Spoiler

// Create new cck-category for the Universal Storage

@CCKExtraFilterConfig:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit&UniversalStorage|UniversalStorage2]  // A&B|C == A&(B|C)
{
	Item
	{
		name = Universal Storage
		tag = cck-universal-storage
		normalIcon   = 002_CommunityPartsTitles/Extras/category_univ-storage_N
		selectedIcon = 002_CommunityPartsTitles/Extras/category_univ-storage_S
		usedByMod = Universal Storage
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#tags[*niversal*]]:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit&UniversalStorage|UniversalStorage2]:FINAL
{
	@category = none
	@tags ^= :$: cck-universal-storage:
	&tags = cck-universal-storage // will apply if part has no existing tags
}

Edited by flart

Version 0.4.1

• new:
    • Dmagic Orbital Science: US2 parts
    • Internal RCS - mostly unchanged
    • UnKerballed Start - mostly unchanged
  • updates:
    • Mk2 Expansion
    • US2 v1.6.0.10 beta
    • KerbalFoundries v2.3.7.17 Prerelease
    • science: 2HOT, 3PresMat, 4Double-C, 6RAVMAX
    • height for SRB 
  • fixes:
    • fix US2 missing parts for US2+CCK+Kerbalism
Edited by flart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For the most part I like what this mod is seeking out to do, but it's absolutely got problems that reduce usability.

Here's a great example:

Universal Storage and DMagic. Installing this mod RECATEGORIZES a lot of Universal Storage parts into their own category. This completely strips them from the default categories. This, to me, is a problem because it makes finding parts HARDER, not EASIER. When you run a lot of part mods, you usually end up browsing through part categories looking for what fits. I have too many parts to remember what I have unlocked in the tech tree. Problem is once you start moving parts around to special categories, now suddenly it's easier to overlook various parts, because I'm not going to see them. Why the hell wouldn't the DMagicOrbitalScience pieces be available in the Science tab? This mod moves them somewhere else. So when I'm looking for experiments to put on my craft, I go to the Science tab, where 90% of the experiments are located... except some of them aren't, because this mod moved them. Now I don't see them, and I don't remember that I have a bunch of experiments available.

Additionally, this mod completely breaks the search function. If I install this mod and type in 'universal' in the search bar, almost nothing comes up for Universal Storage. There's no rhyme or reason for why it wouldn't show up excepting the possibility that this mod somehow completely cripples the ability of the search bar to find parts it renames. Again, this by itself wouldn't be an issue, except with certain parts that get recategorized, well, now when I type 'GORE' looking for the GORESat experiments from DMagic, the Universal Storage GORESat doesn't show up. 

This becomes a bigger problem, because now I have to question how many parts I have that are ALSO recategorized that I'm not seeing beyond just US/DMagic.

Edited by Frostiken

1 hour ago, Frostiken said:

I have to question how many parts I have that are ALSO recategorized that I'm not seeing beyond just US/DMagic.

OP has the answer you seek:

Also, in the package, there is Extras/ with patches, what go further than parts renaming — it can place part to an other category.
Now there is 4 patches (works if there is CommunityCategoryKit):
           KAS&KIS into one cck-eva category,
           hiding cck-parts from the stock categories (they already in the cck-categories)
           filling cck-light
           new cck-universal-storage (if there is UniversalStorage2)

1 hour ago, Frostiken said:

If I install this mod and type in 'universal' in the search bar, almost nothing comes up for Universal Storage

... when I type 'GORE' looking for the GORESat experiments from DMagic, the Universal Storage GORESat doesn't show up ...

iirc it was ok before, and the parts still have "Universal Storage" or GORE in their name, so even if the tags somehow was broken, it still should be searchable.
I shall have checked this, but it looks like a bug of search panel itself or some other mod is intervening.

2 hours ago, Frostiken said:

Why the hell wouldn't the DMagicOrbitalScience pieces be available in the Science tab

DMagicOrbitalScience pieces are available in the Science tab,

DMagicOrbitalScience UniversalStorage compatibility pieces available in the Universal Storage tab, simple as that.

The compatibility pieces was made specifically for putting into the US2-containers.
A player want to make US2 Probe → they opens the US-tab and has everything they need. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 12:30 PM, Frostiken said:

For the most part I like what this mod is seeking out to do, but it's absolutely got problems that reduce usability.

Here's a great example:

Universal Storage and DMagic. Installing this mod RECATEGORIZES a lot of Universal Storage parts into their own category. This completely strips them from the default categories. This, to me, is a problem because it makes finding parts HARDER, not EASIER. When you run a lot of part mods, you usually end up browsing through part categories looking for what fits. I have too many parts to remember what I have unlocked in the tech tree. Problem is once you start moving parts around to special categories, now suddenly it's easier to overlook various parts, because I'm not going to see them. Why the hell wouldn't the DMagicOrbitalScience pieces be available in the Science tab? This mod moves them somewhere else. So when I'm looking for experiments to put on my craft, I go to the Science tab, where 90% of the experiments are located... except some of them aren't, because this mod moved them. Now I don't see them, and I don't remember that I have a bunch of experiments available.

Additionally, this mod completely breaks the search function. If I install this mod and type in 'universal' in the search bar, almost nothing comes up for Universal Storage. There's no rhyme or reason for why it wouldn't show up excepting the possibility that this mod somehow completely cripples the ability of the search bar to find parts it renames. Again, this by itself wouldn't be an issue, except with certain parts that get recategorized, well, now when I type 'GORE' looking for the GORESat experiments from DMagic, the Universal Storage GORESat doesn't show up. 

This becomes a bigger problem, because now I have to question how many parts I have that are ALSO recategorized that I'm not seeing beyond just US/DMagic.

Search doesn't work when "category = none". Ultimately, SQUAD seems to use category = none differently from the modding community. I've entered a bug to try and get them to change their mind (to only ignore the part from search when the part is unlockable) but they're not interested. Generally, I recommend that mod authors do not use category = none but many do. I think USI uses it extensively, for example, which is unfortunate given how many parts they add.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.