[WIP] The Ultimate Shuttle IVA - Releasing Soon!(tm)

G'th

Had my first of this yesterday, very impressed so far. The camera view in the functional screen (MFD) looked of low res compared to the images you have above, I know you said the version for testing is a little different to screenshots posted but just thought I'd ask about the resolution in case I am missing something.

PS. Love the added checklist manuals in the middle, was impressed with this picking up the mods and versions I have. Very nice touch.

Edited by Radar

57 minutes ago, Radar said:

Had my first of this yesterday, very impressed so far. The camera view in the functional screen (MFD) looked of low res compared to the images you have above, I know you said the version for testing is a little different to screenshots posted but just thought I'd ask about the resolution in case I am missing something.

PS. Love the added checklist manuals in the middle, was impressed with this picking up the mods and versions I have. Very nice touch.

Hmm, not sure what you mean?

12 hours ago, G'th said:

Well the Shuttle I keep playing with could be any number of things. But IceTitan has the right of it for most of it. B9 wings too.

But for my actual IVA, these are the current dependencies:

Latest version of MAS
Latest Version of RPM (will be dropped post 1.0 as MAS overtakes it)
ASET Props
ASET Avionics
(Potentially) NF Props.

And really these are standard dependencies for any good looking IVA right now, and will be for any IVA I make. 

Oh yeah, I have another question:

Does this mod make the Mk3 cockpit 6 seat? I already have a mod which does that and want to know if I'll need to uninstall it or not.

Edited by RealKerbal3x
question

22 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Oh yeah, I have another question:

Does this mod make the Mk3 cockpit 6 seat? I already have a mod which does that and want to know if I'll need to uninstall it or not.

^ yes it does, and you'd be wise to uninstall it anyway, as they wouldn't overlap. 

And, without further ado, I introduce to the world something thats going to make every Shuttle nut out there literally shat brix. 

MR. GLASS

rTy6mVy.png

7 minutes ago, G'th said:

^ yes it does, and you'd be wise to uninstall it anyway, as they wouldn't overlap. 

And, without further ado, I introduce to the world something thats going to make every Shuttle nut out there literally shat brix. 

MR. GLASS

rTy6mVy.png

AWESOME !!

36 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I have noticed a significant leap in my piloting abilities since installing this IVA. 11/10 would download again.

zB17GcB.png

Mad skillz!!!!!

7 hours ago, G'th said:

MR. GLASS

rTy6mVy.png

WOW!!! I need this, now. When do you plan to release??

13 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Mad skillz!!!!!

WOW!!! I need this, now. When do you plan to release??

Soon :D

FullRetro has some fixes in the meantime that need to be done, and this one still needs to go through not-me testing. 

I'll be doing some more testing over the weekend on this, I have had issues with my OS over the last few weeks, after 2 re-installs it looks like I have it sorted.

In testing I'll make sure I just have Kerbal and the required Mods only (where before I had others installed and possibly caused issues). Keep up the good work G'th.

15 hours ago, Devinci said:

This looks very nice!

But I'm getting an error message: AvionicsSystems initialization error. check message log

I've installed all the required mods also.

If you're using Mr. Glass, check the zip. It should have a file in there thats labelled "if you have a message about x" or something like that. Install wahts in that folder and it should fix it.

If its with FullRetro i'll need more info lol.

2 hours ago, G'th said:

If you're using Mr. Glass, check the zip. It should have a file in there thats labelled "if you have a message about x" or something like that. Install wahts in that folder and it should fix it.

If its with FullRetro i'll need more info lol.

Thanks, It works now!

• 1 year later...

Just an FYI for anyone that cares this mod will be resuming development in the immediate future. It will take me a bit of time to get back on my feet making IVAs again, but after perusing through everything I'm confident enough to get back into it. And this time, my personal life will not be interfering (unless by random act of vindictive deities) 

As to what can be expected from the next update:

• A full rebuild of both IVAs
  • A custom set of IVAs for Cormorants Block II Cockpit. It will be similar to the Block 1 Cockpit styling, but will push it a bit farther. Block II in real life would have originated sometime in the early 90's had it been built so depending on exactly when and what state NASA's budget was in, you could potentially have seen either an analog or glass cockpit for the Block II, despite being more advanced than the Block 1. As a result, both options will be made available.
  • Buran IVA. Initially I will go for an analog cockpit, as that was what was flown in real life. But I do intend on doing a "Block II" Buran style cockpit in the same vein as the glass cockpits, however I will need to locate a good amount of source material on what a Russian glass cockpit would look like for something as complicated as Buran would be, so that will take some time. 
  • Deprecation of RPM. Everything will be based on MoarDV's Avionics System (MAS) and the ever amazing ASET props from alexustas. Depending on whether or not I need to, NearFutureProps from Nertea may also be utilized as well. I'm aiming to not do that again to keep the mod a bit lighter for folks with limited install space. 

And for the farther future I intend on doing the following:

• Setting up a system to allow easy, in-game switching of IVA's in an effort to reduce part count and make installation easier to manage. 
  • Integrating Robotic arm control into the IVA's, with support for stock Robotics and Infernal Robotics. 
  • Reintegrating this mod into a larger mod I will call the IVA Compendium, which will include MAS IVAs not just for the Mk3 Cockpits but also custom IVA's for popular mods such as Bluedog Design Bureau, Tantares, etc. 

So stay tuned. ;)

YES!

Also I have noticed that the Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit (or SOCK) mod has gained a lot of recent popularity as the best "ready to go" shuttle mod for right now but suffers from a custom IVA with just basic interior as the modder has other priorities.

Being a fan of the mod, I have to say it is the better experience when creating the shuttle craft itself, but I still found myself making CA based shuttles (albeit of more parts and janky-ness) JUST so I could use these sweet IVAs for the experience. It may be very beneficial to the popularity of the mod to look at potential "rearrangement" configuration for that mod's IVA since it is only a little different than the standard MK3 IVA since you said you plan on rebuilding the original and new IVAs anyways!

^ I do not have any intentions at this time for building an IVA for Benjees mod. 

==

Presuming I'm able to get the CRT Displays back up and running, we should be seeing an interim compatibility release coming today to bring the original IVAs up to 1.7.3 compatibility. Also included will be some minor fixes to some of the prop placements. Won't be perfect, as I don't intend on supporting these IVA's past this point, but while I'm here no sense in making ya'll deal with weirdly placed props. 

KiLNHKM.png

The CRTs appear to be the only thing thats broken at this time so that will  be the focus for today. Above screenshot taken in 1.7.3. 

Edited by G'th

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.