Can't launch vessels / Getting a "whoosh" sound when selecting parts

I'm having a problem every time I use a save different from my main one.

I create a vessel, launch, revert to VAB/SPH, make some changes, and when I'll launch again nothing happens. I can create and load other vessels, but also can't launch. The only thing I can do is to go to the Astronaut Complex via the Crew tab, and can't exit it anymore. Only solution is to restart the game.

Strangely it never happened in my Main Save (the first one I created and use in that install), only other saves.

I tried:

Creating the save in a fresh install and them moving to the modded install. Creating a copy of the Main Save and changing the name. Neither worked.

I'm also having a minor bug, sometimes I cannot use the offset and rotate tools or select parts in the vessel, I get a "whoosh" sound instead. Grabbing a new part and deleting it solves the problem and I can select the parts in the vessel again.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Log: https://files.fm/down.php?cf&i=8kmutxyz&n=output_log.txt

Looking at the log, I think I found the error, but I cannot understand what it means:

Spoiler

Launching vessel from Runway. Craft file: C:/Kerbal Space Program/Main Install - LH2/KSP_x64_Data/../saves/default/Ships/SPH/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at ScenarioModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor(.ScenarioModule module)
   at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules()
   at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules()
   at Game.Updated()
   at GamePersistence.SaveGame(System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
   at FlightDriver.StartWithNewLaunch(System.String fullFilePath, System.String missionFlagURL, System.String launchSiteName, .VesselCrewManifest manifest)
   at EditorLogic.<goForLaunch>m__A8()
   at CallbackUtil+<DelayedCallback>c__IteratorF0.MoveNext()
   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

1 hour ago, Capt. Hunt said:

what mods are you using?

3psUCwG.png

Congratulations! You deleted something important. Probably in the kraken repellent folder but who knows really. :wink:

I certainly don't. Best guess is that you managed to kill something that is essential to the game actually running. Looks to be something to do with your input bindings. 

" Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO' "

Im going to take a wild guess and say that editing/ hitting reset for you keybindings may help. But thats about as much as I know.

As for what the error means, I think it has something to do with your game trying to figure out what to do when you start trying to edit your crafts, not finding anything telling it what to do, and then totally freaking out.

* Is now pretty sure that was wrong. *

[EDIT] Did some more googling.

You seem to have a couple editor mods installed;

Editor Expansion Redux

Hangar Extender

RCS Build Aid

Etc..

Anyway since I still can't figure out what to do beyond telling you your game seems to have no clue what it is trying to do (literally).

I suggest you;

1. ) Remove all mods except for Squad
  2. ) Test again
  3. If ) Problem Goes Away;
    1. Reinstall 1 editor related mod
    2. Test Again
    3. Repeat until error returns
    4. After error returns
      1. Find mod page and submit a report as directed
      2. Remove offending mod until updated, or until dev can tell you what to do
  4.  If ) Problem Persists;
    1. Remove All Mods 
    2.  Reinstall
    3. Start this process over at Step 2
  5.  If ) All Else Fails;
    1. Spoiler

44fc657a786a410918485dcaf90c8cf2.png

Edited by Mark Kerbin

Hi congratulations, you now hold the record for the most copies of 1 dll i've ever seen in KSP ,  37 copies of mini AVC, i suggest you start by deleting all but the most recent .  Then remove the RCS build aid which isn't loading, from the looks of that it's simply no compatible with that version of KSP, of you're missing a dependency  and try again

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 5:07 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

Congratulations! You deleted something important. Probably in the kraken repellent folder but who knows really. :wink:

I certainly don't. Best guess is that you managed to kill something that is essential to the game actually running. Looks to be something to do with your input bindings. 

" Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO' "

Im going to take a wild guess and say that editing/ hitting reset for you keybindings may help. But thats about as much as I know.

As for what the error means, I think it has something to do with your game trying to figure out what to do when you start trying to edit your crafts, not finding anything telling it what to do, and then totally freaking out.

* Is now pretty sure that was wrong. *

[EDIT] Did some more googling.

You seem to have a couple editor mods installed;

Editor Expansion Redux

Hangar Extender

RCS Build Aid

Etc..

Anyway since I still can't figure out what to do beyond telling you your game seems to have no clue what it is trying to do (literally).

I suggest you;

1. ) Remove all mods except for Squad
  2. ) Test again
  3. If ) Problem Goes Away;
    1. Reinstall 1 editor related mod
    2. Test Again
    3. Repeat until error returns
    4. After error returns
      1. Find mod page and submit a report as directed
      2. Remove offending mod until updated, or until dev can tell you what to do
  4.  If ) Problem Persists;
    1. Remove All Mods 
    2.  Reinstall
    3. Start this process over at Step 2
  5.  If ) All Else Fails;
    1.   Reveal hidden contents

44fc657a786a410918485dcaf90c8cf2.png

Thanks! I will test removing this mods one by one. Since the bug doesn't affect my main save, it's not causing much problems, I'll test while I play. I'm starting to think it has some relation with Hyperedit or changing the orbit with the cheat menu, and them reverting the flight. And because of it my main save isn't affected. Will need more tests.

On 4/26/2018 at 12:16 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi congratulations, you now hold the record for the most copies of 1 dll i've ever seen in KSP ,  37 copies of mini AVC, i suggest you start by deleting all but the most recent .  Then remove the RCS build aid which isn't loading, from the looks of that it's simply no compatible with that version of KSP, of you're missing a dependency  and try again

Many mods simple include it on the main folder, I didn't know I was supposed to remove them manually. Anyway, with a quick search I found the 37 copies scattered around and removed 36 of them. RCS Aid seems to be working fine, but I'll test removing it. 

On 4/26/2018 at 12:31 PM, Mark Kerbin said:

Also you MM is out of date.

I'm using KSP 1.3.1, MM 3.0.4 seems to be the last version for it.

@MaximumThrust - So the first clue is when you said that you can revert, make adjustments and relaunch with no issue if using your main save ... so my first suspect is you have a borked save file which when it is loaded borks your whole game requiring a reload

delete the savegames that cause the issue and problem solved :wink:

Unfortunately if you require those saves or want to continue using them you're pooched ... the jig is up and you got bit by the almighty Kracken

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.