Well there are the in game tutorials(training) that give you the basics of building and flying rockets and at the top of this "gameplay questions and tutorials" part of the forums is the tutorials bit that might have some helpful stuff. Other than that, youtube has a bunch of video tutorials and we're all here to answer questions if you get stuck.

Edited by Reactordrone

Well, at the top of this very sub forum lies:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/50-tutorials/

A whole sub sub forum of tutorials.   You'll have to dig a bit though, as it's not exactly an organized group.

But I found in my game play, just building and trying.  If it didn't work, I tried something else.  Like learning the hard way back in earlier versions the heat management was bass-ackwards.   Back then you had to attach your engine to the smallest tank you could, and then put a large tank on top of that, cause the large tanks would overheat the engine.     Fun stuff like that.  :D

But as @Reactordrone mentioned, try the in game tutorials.  

Once you hit a snag you can't R&D your way around, search the forums, you won't have been the first to ask that question, I guarantee it.   Don't try to learn everything through tutorials, only search out the answers when you can't figure out how to do what you want to do, like rendezvous, docking, or landing.   Don't constrain yourself to another's style, find your own, then modify it to make it better as you learn more from others. 

I'd also recommend playing the game in career mode, at least for a little while at first.  You start out with a very limited set of parts, unlocking more as you work through the tech tree.  Mission control provides a progression of goals, each one building on the last.  The early game will teach you the basics in a controlled manner without overwhelming you with options.

Tutorials have their place, and I ain't knockin' 'em. I've learned many things with them.

Remember that the sandbox will teach you as well. Play in there. Sure <dismissive tone and eye roll>conventional</dismissive tone and eye roll> rockets are pointy end up, have nice radial symmetry, and a sleekness that would make an mink envious. But, that line of thinking <Ackbar voice> is a trap. </Ackbar voice> Think outside of the design envelope. <Lily Tomlin voice> Take chances. Make mistakes. Crash. </Lily Tomlin voice> If you don't fail, you don't learn, and you aren't trying hard enough. If you get frustrated, ask.

If you are on PC and not against mods i suggest you use Mechjeb.

It has many automated functions that can teach you how to do even the most advanced maneuvers.

Just remember to challenge yourself and not rely on it cause it can become very addictive and then my point will be lost :P .

Edited by Boyster

Best advice I can give you is start in career mode. Go to mission control, accept mission to launch first craft, then go to VAB select command pod, stick parachute on top and flea SRB on the bottom. Make sure engibe and parachute are not in the same stage. Press fly burron. When on launch pad press T. Then press space. See what happens. Than build on that.

P. S.

The biggest mistake, in my oppinion, you can make is trying to bite more than you can chew. Your rockets will quickly grow too big and too complex for the task at hand.

2 hours ago, Gogi said:

The biggest mistake, in my oppinion, you can make is trying to bite more than you can chew. Your rockets will quickly grow too big and too complex for the task at hand.

this so much, i cant remember how many times i didnt have enough dv to get to the mun and i ended up building a huge 5 jumbo tank monstrosity when all i had to do was reearange my staging

8 hours ago, Gogi said:

Best advice I can give you is start in career mode.

I've been playing a couple months and completely agree. Career mode gives a sense of order and a way to learn parts, maneuvers, etc in from easy to complex so you don't skip over important aspects.

And youtube search, "Kerbal Space Program how to something something...".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.