Glitching and even a Blue Screen don't know why. Advice?

System Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocked to 3.9GHz on a msi B350M Gaming Pro MoBo

16GB Patriot Viper Elite DDR4 @ 2133MHz

GeForce GTX1060 6GB not overclocked

EVGA 650GQ 650W PSU

Boot Drive is 240GB San Disk SSD Plus

Steam Library is on 256GB WD Black NVMe M.2 SSD

So I am trying to play KSP and after first install it was working well enough didn't notice anything major but my FPS was kinda low. I read some forum posts and fiddled with the Nividia Control Panal settings followinf some suggestions. Afterward I noticed a slight increase in FPS but also getting instability. Stuff like game would freeze up and then come back to life randomly but would look all foggy out at launchpad, game would stutter randomly and I would get flashing and weird graphical glitches. Once or twice I got a crash to desktop.

I reset everything back to default both on Nividia Control Panel and in KSP settings but problem persisted. Finally I uninstalled and the reinstalled the program.

I thought everything was fixed. The game was playing fine for about 10-15 mins then out of nowhere system blue screened on me. After restart I ran stress tested my system with prime95 and no stability problems. I then ran CineBench and some GPU heavy Benchmarks (Unigine Superpostion 1080P High) just to make sure everything was running tip top. No issues system seems to be purring like a kitten. 

I have no mods installed. I am at a loss. I am running the x64 version. The only other thing I can think of is the new Nvidia Driver just installed today and I have had issues in past with other games after installing new GPU drivers. Weird.

I really love this game and am bummed not being able to play. If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, or advice it would be much obliged. Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

Ryzen3 1200 + rx570 even worse here :-(     KSP 1.31 frequently leads to black screen of death(display no signal), seems mostly occured when ingame near KSC, very randomly every 5-30 minutes idling around KSC = black screen + no log + corrupt save file. 

Outside KSC like Mun, Minmus, almost trouble-free. Although the behavior of program is very unpredictable, 95% of times it'll crash within an hour, but sometimes I left the program in background for 2 days still running smoothly...

Already tried everything(other than reinstall win10), 

Reverted back CPU OC;

Cleaned PC throughly;

Updated bios/drivers;

Delete mods;

Fresh install 1.43;

Different parameter -d3d11/opengl/popupwindow; 

Increase/decrease RX570 voltage;

Memgraph padheap 4g/6g/8g;

Turn off NTFS compression;

Nothing - the trouble avails. Even fresh stock 1.43 set to lowest graphic settings randomly BSOD at KSC runway, although less frequent than heavy modded 1.31. 

Edited by recursive_mouse

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.