Rocket Poster (NOW TAKING REQUESTS)

1 minute ago, sevenperforce said:

Now I'm doing some more specified posters of current and near-future LVs.

Here's something : The last Delta II is yet to be out ! Launching Sep 2018 if everything goes as planned.

I suggest adding stuff from Orbital ATK. (obviously different from ULA.)

29 minutes ago, YNM said:

Here's something : The last Delta II is yet to be out ! Launching Sep 2018 if everything goes as planned.

Just looked at the "future Delta family" launches page and realized that the 4,2 configuration will launch one last time. Dammit.

1 hour ago, YNM said:

Added Delta II and swapped the DIVM+5,2 out for the last remaining 4,2:

Delta_IV.png

Edited by sevenperforce

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2018 at 6:19 PM, sevenperforce said:

Thanks! I used some existing graphics but essentially traced over them using MS Paint. It works pretty well.

How do you add the shading?

I want to make these kinds of drawing too.

2 minutes ago, NSEP said:

it is very simple b, just do like this: have a darker/brighter variant of all colors from your pallete while you are drawing -> after the coloring is done you just repaint one side of an object you want to add shading to -> tiforp

30 minutes ago, cratercracker said:
35 minutes ago, NSEP said:

it is very simple b, just do like this: have a darker/brighter variant of all colors from your pallete while you are drawing -> after the coloring is done you just repaint one side of an object you want to add shading to -> tiforp

What is easier, for me, is to use Paint to grab a gradient from an existing reference and then stretch it across the desired space.

On 6/8/2018 at 3:00 PM, A Soviet Tank said:

I'd personally love a list of all Soviet launch vehicles (including canceled ones, like Buran-Energia), but I know i'm not everyone.

Make me a list and include links to reference images, and I'll see what I can do.

2 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Make me a list and include links to reference images, and I'll see what I can do.

Oh no, I didn't want you to actually make one, but thanks for the offer :). I was just saying what I would want in response to the original post. 

23 minutes ago, A Soviet Tank said:

Oh no, I didn't want you to actually make one, but thanks for the offer :). I was just saying what I would want in response to the original post. 

I'm still making posters -- currently working on Orbital ATK. The hardest part for me is curating a list and finding reference images, so if you can do that, I'll make the graphics themselves.

4 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Thanks! How much would you like at the least?

They take me about 1-2 hours of dedicated work, usually spread out over a few days. But if someone just wants to leave $5 as a "thanks" I am not going to be offended. :) 

On 6/10/2018 at 5:07 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Could you make one of all European rockets (Black Arrow, Ariane 1,2,3, etc.) and Space X rockets?

Here's Black Arrow, the Diamants, and Vega. Ariane families next. I'll have them all in a single poster form; this is just a WIP.

a_few.png

I know they're small, but if I don't make the small ones small, the big ones end up with so much detail that it's pretty much impossible. Scale is roughly twice that of historicspacecraft.com.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.