Rocket Poster (NOW TAKING REQUESTS)

Okay @NSEP @Mad Rocket Scientist @Barzon Kerman @A Soviet Tank

Here's Diamant, Black Arrow, Vega, and Ariane 1-5.

a_few.png

Will add labels and put up the full-size version tomorrow...maybe with the cargo Soyuz operated by Arianespace as well. Want me to include the two planned variants of Ariane 6? I have mixed operating + retired and operating + planned but not retired + operating + planned.

Also, what order is preferred? I can order them all by height (easy), or order them by date of first launch (interesting) or order them by date of last launch (also interesting) or order them by payload (informative).

2 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

I would like to have both planned versions of Ariane 6, and what do you mean by payload? Are you meaning how much they can carry?

Right, I could line them up based on what they are able to place in a specified orbit.

Given that payload capability may not always be easy to find for the older LVs (and could potentially lead to broadly dissimilar rockets being sorted together), it's probably easiest if I sort each family of rockets by the most recent launch from within that family, and sort each family by payload capability.

12 hours ago, Wjolcz said:

Nice posters. Really like them!

What about this combo: Electron + LinkSpace New Line-1 + F9 Block 5?

Sure, I could do that. What would the theme be? Currently-or-soon-to-be-operating private launch vehicles? All-kerolox launch vehicles that cluster similar engines in the first stage as are used in the second stage?

The Block 5 would tower over the other two. Electron is 17 meters, New Line 1 is 20 meters, and F9 is a whopping 70 meters. If you're looking for a side-by-side comparison, putting up Electron, NL1, Falcon 1, and perhaps New Shepard could be more interesting.

I might even be able to do twice the scale if I used only the smaller ones.

Also, if you do happen to download or use the images, consider https://gofundme.com/buy-a-guy-a-beer/ because how else am I going to manage? 

Edited by sevenperforce

6 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Sure, I could do that. What would the theme be? Currently-or-soon-to-be-operating private launch vehicles? All-kerolox launch vehicles that cluster similar engines in the first stage as are used in the second stage?

Not sure. Maybe Composite launchers/New Space? I just really like these 3 rockets and thought it would be interesting to have them side by side.

6 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

The Block 5 would tower over the other two. Electron is 17 meters, New Line 1 is 20 meters, and F9 is a whopping 70 meters. If you're looking for a side-by-side comparison, putting up Electron, NL1, Falcon 1, and perhaps New Shepard could be more interesting.

I might even be able to do twice the scale if I used only the smaller ones.

How about having them side by side and Electron and NL-1 being zoomed in? I guess New Shepard instead of F9 could work too.

Could you also make them horizontal so I can use it as a phone wallpaper?

Edited by Wjolcz

12 minutes ago, Wjolcz said:

Not sure. Maybe Composite launchers/New Space? I just really like these 3 rockets and thought it would be interesting to have them side by side.

How about having them side by side and Electron and NL-1 being zoomed in? I guess New Shepard instead of F9 could work too.

Could you also make them horizontal so I can use it as a phone wallpaper?

Well, let's see. New Shepard is 16 meters. Falcon 1 was 23 meters. I could actually have a Falcon 9 over on one side by itself, and arrange the other four rockets staggered next to it. Everything would have the same resolution and the rockets would be properly vertical but the wallpaper would be portrait rather than landscape.

Would you want labels or no?

30 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Well, let's see. New Shepard is 16 meters. Falcon 1 was 23 meters. I could actually have a Falcon 9 over on one side by itself, and arrange the other four rockets staggered next to it. Everything would have the same resolution and the rockets would be properly vertical but the wallpaper would be portrait rather than landscape.

Would you want labels or no?

Yes, please. That would be great. Could you also make it without the background so I can apply my own? I promise I will share it here when I come up with something nice.

21 minutes ago, Wjolcz said:

Yes, please. That would be great. Could you also make it without the background so I can apply my own? I promise I will share it here when I come up with something nice.

Yes to labels or yes to the layout?

The background will be solid white and the outlines will all be solid so you should be able to drop it on another background easily enough.

3 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

Yes to labels or yes to the layout?

The background will be solid white and the outlines will all be solid so you should be able to drop it on another background easily enough.

Yes to both.

All of the serious proposed Saturn variants (Saturn I, Saturn IB, Saturn C-2, Saturn C-3, Saturn V,  Saturn INT-21, Saturn V with Shuttle/Titan IV boosters, Saturn C-8) and the Hughes Jarvis would be a neat poster......

Edited by _Augustus_

8 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

All of the serious proposed Saturn variants (Saturn I, Saturn IB, Saturn C-2, Saturn C-3, Saturn V,  Saturn INT-21, Saturn V with Shuttle/Titan IV boosters, Saturn C-8) and the Hughes Jarvis would be a neat poster......

You got it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.