Ludsoes Voyager mk3 ---> mk5

ludsoe

Hey guys im very very new. The game is great! :D

Infact Ive been playing it for almost a hourwhile now, and ive already got my own rocket collection. (Of which im only posting the one that i believe is the most successful.) Thanks for the picture help!!!

MK2 stuff

Now I will present the voyager, its a 3 stage rocket made with only vanilla parts. Its capable of launching a crew into far orbit.(If you fly it right) It may or may not be possible to use to reach other planets. THIS IS NOT RELATED TO ANY REAL LIFE rockets or space objects.

Mk3 stuff

As of some tests and suggestions from fellow rocket designers ive upgraded the Voyager into its next mach.(Thanks to sir monkey) I have added another stage to get the rocket to a speed where the liquid engines wont need to work as hard. This rocket scares the poop out of bill.

:P Now for some change listing

-Added 3 more boosters

-made it more stable by adding 3 more winglets

-Added some more renforcement to the engines.

Skipped mk4 (Reason: Didnt reach orbit)

Mk5 stuff

Prelaunchscreenshot1.png

Lift off

screenshot2.png

After multiple retrys at the mk4 i redid the engines.

-Reachs excape velocitys

-Can orbit kearth without using anyfuel from the final stage

-MAOR BOOOOOSTERS!!!!!!!! 8)

-Is able to make bill and bob smile

As promised a video.... Its of mk3 sorry guys. My recored failed to record the sound so i used the youtube editor to add some music.

*Next time ill try to get a better recorder.

Link:

Hey guys im very very new. The game is great! :D

Infact Ive been playing it for almost a hour now, and ive already got my own rocket collection. (Of which im only posting the one that i believe is the most successful.) Now I will present the voyager, its a 3 stage rocket made with only vanilla parts. Its capable of launching a crew into far orbit.(If you fly it right) It may or may not be possible to use to reach other planets. THIS IS NOT RELATED TO ANY REAL LIFE rockets or space objects.

Sorry no pic as of this moment....

But ill be making a youtube video once i find a good recorder.

use fraps, it will allow you to do screenshots plus record.

found a problem with the design.. you really should use radial decouplers on the solid boosters, otherwise the 3 liquid engines on that same stage end up carrying dead weight and SRB's + sas modules are heavy.

i added the radial decoupler and was able to put your rocket into orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.