Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 and Making History 1.2 is live!

UomoCapra

14 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

Downloaded 1.4.3 and installed it and Making History on my Mac. The first rocket I opened was a Saturn V I had built previously...and the 5-meter fairing was messed up? Huh? Some problem with the old craft file? So I made a new ship with a capsule, separator, and a 5-meter fairing, and this is what I got:

qr2u2Ws.jpg

What is this crap?

Is working for me, same as @klesh  in the releaed build- If your on steam maybe it only got the x86 version and then started the x64 one - I been caught out by that before

6 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

Main menu version number? It says 1.4.3.2152 (OSXPlayer) en-us 

Odd.  Thats the same version # for me (I'm using windows), yet:

TU5bktM.jpg

Did you by any chance use a MM config to fix the 1.4.2 5m fairing which is still in there?

Edited by klesh

1 minute ago, TriggerAu said:

Is working for me, same as @klesh  in the releaed build- If your on steam maybe it only got the x86 version and then started the x64 one - I been caught out by that before

I am not on Steam.

6 minutes ago, Brotoro said:

Main menu version number? It says 1.4.3.2152 (OSXPlayer) en-us

It looks great in Windows. Could be related to OSX. Will get QA to check that.
Can you check you are on a stock install - no modified files from previous versions? and if via steam reverify can never hurt.

5 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

It looks great in Windows. Could be related to OSX. Will get QA to check that.
Can you check you are on a stock install - no modified files from previous versions? and if via steam reverify can never hurt.

There are no mods. This is the clean install of KSP 1.4.3 and Making History 1.1 that I just downloaded. I am not on Steam. I just did another fresh install and got the same results (faulty 5-meter fairing) ...no old files from any previous version has touched this copy of the game.

I am also digging the new parachute arm positioning.  Looks fab when taking a turn.  Additionally, no green line in the water anymore.  Nice.

WwIxRBz.jpg

Edited by klesh

Just now, Brotoro said:

There are no mods. This is the clean install of KSP 1.4.3 and Making History 1.1 that I just downloaded. I am not on Steam. I just did another fresh install and got the same results (faulty 5-meter fairing) ...no old files from any previous version has touched this copy of the game.

ah, there will be a 1.2 install of MH as well as the 1.4.3 update

and that part is in MH

1 minute ago, Brotoro said:

Making History should be 1.2, not 1.1  :)

1 minute ago, TriggerAu said:

ah, there will be a 1.2 install of MH as well as the 1.4.3 update

and that part is in MH

I just downloaded Making History and it gave me 1.1

I'll go back and see if it is offering me something different now.

Just now, Brotoro said:

I just downloaded Making History and it gave me 1.1

I'll go back and see if it is offering me something different now.

Ta - we did see an issue in one of the store pages earlier re 1.4.3 as well - if you can share the link here maybe well see the same thing

The link to the copy of Making History I downloaded a little earlier (from my download history) seems to have been: http://cds.t2e6n8k7.hwcdn.net/KSP-Making_History_Expansion-en-us-mac-1.4.2.zip?ttl=1524805617&token=3300984e58df5887040ebfd9dcddc82b

...which certainly doesn't look right. I had downloaded that right after I downloaded KSP 1.4.3

1 minute ago, Brotoro said:

The link to the copy of Making History I downloaded a little earlier (from my download history) seems to have been: http://cds.t2e6n8k7.hwcdn.net/KSP-Making_History_Expansion-en-us-mac-1.4.2.zip?ttl=1524805617&token=3300984e58df5887040ebfd9dcddc82b

...which certainly doesn't look right. I had downloaded that right after I downloaded KSP 1.4.3

yeah that's certainly not the right file hey. Hope your next download gets the right one and making a note about the version stuff to ponder as well for some better notification

OK... I verify that the 5-meter fairing works fine in KSP 1.4.3 and Making History 1.2.

The Store apparently just gave me MH 1.1 for some reason when I downloaded the expansion after downloading 1.4.3 (and it couldn't have been some old version laying around on my hard drive, because I had skipped downloading the KSP 1.4.2 and MH 1.1 version earlier, preferring to wait for 1.4.3).

Thank you for your responses!