Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 and Making History 1.2 is live!

UomoCapra

34 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Who says the devs don't listen to the players....

They sure didn't listen to this player, I just want my joystick to work.
Nice that landing legs work properly again though.

Muchas gracias Squad!

Question: What does MOI mean? I just googled it and couldn't find the proper description.

* Fix vessel MOI not being correct when control from here is not the root part of the vessel.

7 minutes ago, wookiee_goldberg said:

probably the physics term "Moment Of Inertia"

Heh, my immediate thought was 'Munar Orbit Insertion' but I think you have it right. :)

2 minutes ago, wookiee_goldberg said:

Makes sense, thanks.

Another question: Is the "dessert airfield" an intentional typo?

And apparently I misread somewhere there would be a launchpad in the water, not only for mission builders.

Great job Squad.
But the patch W64 KSP1.4.X to 1.4.3 doesn't work for me !!!!! directory not recognize. Same for the language patch.

Now, i have a dream ... for Release 1.5. I would like that Squad a little dropped the improvements of the UI and the addition of parts, we have enough and the mods complete perfectly.
The players have largely covered the ability of the game and I think that what is missing now in the game is the exploration side.

Currently the planets are empty, desert of dune, some Eggs on Mun but except that nothing to discover.
It would be good to offer players something to look for, discover. I will dream to see volcanoes, lava, canyons, cliffs, geysers, methane rivers, caves and other geological particularities to discover, and also tornadoes, fog (useful for EVE the copy of Venus) ... and why not traces of life or vegetation to look for, it will increase the interest of the science of the game It also add big asteroids and comets to resimulate the Phylae mission.

Please Squad, now, improve the exploration's features in the game. We need a goal we need to explore and discover the world in the game,
Today we have the tools, but we don't have contents
Edited by mustard

8 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Yes it is.. 'tis one of those "Kerbals are seriously fixated on snacks" things.

12 minutes ago, Azimech said:

And apparently I misread somewhere there would be a launchpad in the water, not only for mission builders.

From the OP, it's very definitely only for mission builders.

18 minutes ago, Azimech said:

you might have mentally combined the "... will be available in every gameplay mode as long as you have MH installed" (which only applies to the Dessert launch site) with the idea of the water-based launch pads

47 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Makes sense, thanks.

Dessert is not a typo.

EDIT: From the OP: For mission creators, we are adding the capability to place mobile launchpads on the surface of water bodies.

55 minutes ago, wookiee_goldberg said:

Correct. The calculation of the MoI was incorrectly using the root part when that may have been changed via the "control from here" action.

58 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Dessert is not a typo.

Interesting ... I wonder what names you guys have chosen for the localized versions.  "Aeródromo de postre" instead of "campo de aviación del desierto"? :-P

2 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Dessert is not a typo.

Hurrah.  Another name I can constantly roll my eyes at along with FAT-455 and Big-S.   I know.  I'm anti-fun.

5 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

Whohoo! Thank you guys, You all rock!

pd_developer_squad_team_1920x1080.jpg

Are those Kerbals 1 to 1 scale cardboard cut outs?  ...and how can I get one? 

See.  I'm not completely anti-fun.

Edited by klgraham1013

1 hour ago, CardinalBiggles57 said:

After installing 1.4.3 I'm having problems with solar panels. Both flat and folding panels report no sun exposure and collect no charge even when in full sun.

Do you have the Kopernicus mod installed? I think that's the issue (Kopernicus adds the "relative/absolute exposure" and "change tracking body" buttons into the solar panel RMB menu). There's some discussion about solar panel stuff in this thread -> 

Edited by wookiee_goldberg

30 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

I think that is Kopernicus.   And kopernicus is normally tied to the exact version of ksp it was built against.  According to the forum thread the latest version is for  ksp1.4.2.

Yeah I tested Kopernicus v1.4.2-1 with 1.4.1, 1.4.2, and 1.4.3, and the both 1.4.1 and 1.4.3 had dead solar panels, 1.4.2 had working ones. So the version-locking is quite extreme with that mod, more-so than any other I've ever experienced. Luckily it's a mod I don't actually use, and only had it installed bc i forgot to uninstall it after testing something else that required it.