Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 and Making History 1.2 is live!

UomoCapra

How do I get the patch? (not from steam)

There doesn't appear to be any links to it.  Someone in a reply earlier on provided some but they never worked. 

I am logged into the forum and the main site, as someone later suggested, but those same links still have a permission issue. 

Is there any other link?  I'm just not seeing it.   Thanks!!

Edited by DaveLChgo

11 hours ago, severedsolo said:

@JPLRepo and or @TriggerAu - is it intentional that the dessert launchpad is not aligned to the cardinal directions on the navball?

unknown.png?width=962&height=544

Will check on that one - could also be the vessel not cardinal as well, but it looks pretty square to me... puts Kerbal Theodolite Mod on his list of things that would be funny, yet intriguing

21 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

puts Kerbal Theodolite Mod on his list of things that would be funny, yet intriguing

Make that an April 1 official mod release, but name it Delta V readout.  Just use V as the variable for the angle you are measuring, and it's legit. 

For stock KSP use the aerogui in the debug menu and that will show how far the Dessert Launch Pad is off.

Shows a heading of 4.7 degrees.

The question should be is the object facing that direction on the launch pad

or is it the launch pad that is facing that direction?

Looks like its the launch pad.

IkIprxU.png

1 hour ago, Anth12 said:

For stock KSP use the aerogui in the debug menu and that will show how far the Dessert Launch Pad is off.

Shows a heading of 4.7 degrees.

The question should be is the object facing that direction on the launch pad

or is it the launch pad that is facing that direction?

Looks like its the launch pad.

IkIprxU.png

I noticed this too. I had to do a slight roll program before I started my gravity turn.

Also, the runway is shorter than KSC's, and points north.

Credit must be given when credit is due. This version is not just a "patch", some serious development appears to be made.

I was using 1.4.1 due some glitch I got on 1.4.2 on editor, and one of my (really, really) stupidly big vessels were making KSP eating about 10 to 11G of RAM on my MacOS. Since my KSP is awfully full of mods =P, it probably be something on the mods themselves - so, I'm not claiming anything on KSP.

Well... I'm giving 1.4.3 a ride, and KSP, on the very same vessel, is now using 6G of RAM, with somewhat better framerate (what's not a surprise, due the nasty memory compression thing on MacOS).

Again, it could be something related to a Mod, but since I (maliciously =P) just did a copy from the whole GameData (without Squad's, obviously) to the new installation and fire it up to see what happens... Yes, I'm good impressed. :-)

This is the kind of improvement that "forces me" to tolerate some glitches (as the one that made me stick with 1.4.1). I'm hoping that glitch is gone, but I would complain a lot less about it now. :-)

6 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Will check on that one - could also be the vessel not cardinal as well, but it looks pretty square to me... puts Kerbal Theodolite Mod on his list of things that would be funny, yet intriguing

I gave this a look.  Indeed they are not cardinal.  Using the MH spawnable launchpads, (which I reported being offset about their z-axis rotation in the bugtracker, which was fixed for 1.4.3 - so we know that spawnable launchpad is itself cardinal when measured against the crawlerway at KSC), you can see that the Dessert launchpad and associated buildings are offset from 90:

HACBai1.jpg

I also checked against the runway and it's buildings, and they are also offset from cardinal, though it looks to be a different, smaller amount.

Edited by klesh

On 4/27/2018 at 11:46 AM, Galileo said:

What collider glitch?

Somtimes... It was fixed but sometimes in flight the craft would show the collider of the Part Mesh and all parts would show that. Watch Jett Quazars's Stratolaunch video and you'll find out. also it happens to flags now in 1.4.3

1 hour ago, Trekkie148 said:

Somtimes... It was fixed but sometimes in flight the craft would show the collider of the Part Mesh and all parts would show that. Watch Jett Quazars's Stratolaunch video and you'll find out. also it happens to flags now in 1.4.3

Oh I see, the zfighting issue. Yeah that was horrid.

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SquadExpansion\MakingHistory\Parts\Pods\KV1Pod.cfg - KV2Pod.cfg - KV3Pod.cfg - Mk2Pod.cfg - Size1_5_Lander.cfg
in all five units this error can be found then what is it now?
eventOnName = #autoLOC_6001409    //##autoLOC_6001409 = Lights On

18 hours ago, wookiee_goldberg said:

Are you using steam? Or from KSP website?

steam, and I'm using the beta (i think) because I was trying to downgrade KSP to 1.2.2 for RO, and now I cant get to 1.4.3.

6 minutes ago, Dragonwarp said:

steam, and I'm using the beta (i think) because I was trying to downgrade KSP to 1.2.2 for RO, and now I cant get to 1.4.3.

try this:

• open your browser
  • type "steam://nav/console"
  • type (use enter to finish the command)
    • download_depot 220200 220202 333878936698232953 
      • if you use OSX
    • download_depot 220200 220203 2817888699278877812
      • if you use linux
    • download_depot 220200 220204 1261045722296694888
      • if you use Windows 64 bits

Wait until the message "Depot download complete : "<some_path>/Steam/Contents/MacOS\steamapps\content\app_220200\depot_220202" (2341 files, manifest 333878936698232953)" (slightly different if you use linux or windows).

That huge path is where the files are. Move it to where you want them.

a lander I left on the Mun is now under the surface, and falling.  If I fire the engine to get it back to the surface, it crashes into it from underneath and explodes.  Tried the terrain detail fix mentioned above, setting it lower left it still underground, higher worked.

Edited by Hangdog
fixed

15 hours ago, sinyanakano said:

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\SquadExpansion\MakingHistory\Parts\Pods\KV1Pod.cfg - KV2Pod.cfg - KV3Pod.cfg - Mk2Pod.cfg - Size1_5_Lander.cfg
in all five units this error can be found then what is it now?
eventOnName = #autoLOC_6001409    //##autoLOC_6001409 = Lights On

that's just some localization coding, not an error

7 hours ago, Hangdog said:

a lander I left on the Mun is now under the surface, and falling.  If I fire the engine to get it back to the surface, it crashes into it from underneath and explodes.  Tried the terrain detail fix mentioned above, still underground.

try the VesselMover mod to pick it up and place it again.

16 hours ago, Dragonwarp said:

in the betas thing it doesn't show *the* latest version in the list by name, only older versions. if you want that put it on NONE at the top:

CDGZU7M.png

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:55 AM, steve_v said:

They sure didn't listen to this player, I just want my joystick to work.
Nice that landing legs work properly again though.

What's wrong with your joystick? (asking because I finally figured out how to get mine working)

On 4/27/2018 at 3:52 AM, mustard said:
Now, i have a dream ... for Release 1.5. I would like that Squad a little dropped the improvements of the UI and the addition of parts, we have enough and the mods complete perfectly.
The players have largely covered the ability of the game and I think that what is missing now in the game is the exploration side.

Currently the planets are empty, desert of dune, some Eggs on Mun but except that nothing to discover.
It would be good to offer players something to look for, discover. I will dream to see volcanoes, lava, canyons, cliffs, geysers, methane rivers, caves and other geological particularities to discover, and also tornadoes, fog (useful for EVE the copy of Venus) ... and why not traces of life or vegetation to look for, it will increase the interest of the science of the game It also add big asteroids and comets to resimulate the Phylae mission.

Please Squad, now, improve the exploration's features in the game. We need a goal we need to explore and discover the world in the game,
Today we have the tools, but we don't have contents

We have Kerbol, 7 planets, 9 moons, and an unlimited number of asteroids and destroids, where each and every non-asteroid body is different from any of the others, many(all?) of them containing one or more Easter eggs.

Also, Squad has apparently added 'wandering' green monolith(s) that appear in different locations for each game, giving yet another Easter egg that is always fresh for each game.

That is actually quite a large area to explore and play with.

Furthermore, Squad has mentioned that only a small percentage of players(10%? 5%? 1%?) ever actually get outside the Kerbin SOI.

That is quite a lot of exclusive content for a small number of players and I would be surprised if SQUAD were to add anything else outside the Kerbin SOI.

On the other hand, there are all sorts of planet and solar system mods/packs that you could consider if you are one of those few who have explored every part of every planet multiple times and want to find somewhere new to explore.

It seems to me that Mods are probably the correct avenue to explore for concerns that only affect a fraction of a percent of the players.(sure lots of us would appreciate having new places to explore, but the number of players who have been everywhere and done everything and now have difficulty enjoying the game because there is nowhere new to go, seems like a very small portion of the player base, even if that turns out to be because such players wander off to different games).

7 hours ago, wookiee_goldberg said:

in the betas thing it doesn't show *the* latest version in the list by name, only older versions. if you want that put it on NONE at the top:

That worked, thanks.