Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 and Making History 1.2 is live!

UomoCapra

First off, love the paraglider option. Very useful for my Eve research base/prison camp :D

That said, anyone else having framerate issues since updating? It's probably just a problem somewhere in the unholy number of mods I have installed, but my framerate has tanked since updating to 1.4.3

5 minutes ago, evilman222 said:

First off, love the paraglider option. Very useful for my Eve research base/prison camp :D

That said, anyone else having framerate issues since updating? It's probably just a problem somewhere in the unholy number of mods I have installed, but my framerate has tanked since updating to 1.4.3

My FPS enhanced a bit, but my KSP is being killed by a Unity bug that happens on high memory load.

So, I have the feeling (but I don't have any actual information about) that the guys trimmed the GC (or something like that) to favor normal gaming, and crazy "mods gallore" like us are taking the bad side of the situation.

Check the GC. The sad true is that most mods are written without caring about GC-friendly coding style.

2 hours ago, Canpopper59 said:

Is it just me, or is the location for the patch to upgrade my game from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 just hiding from my eyes?  I cant find 1.4.3 download anywhere.  could someone help me find it?

On the first page of this thread I saw Uma providing an alternate link.

Does anyone else but me not like the way the RCS thrusters fire in the 1.4.3? I was perfectly fine with how the thruster firing looked in 1.3.1. Showed the plume and distance of plume about right. Now the plume is a bit brighter and compacted into pretty much a ball with little or no throw. I just don't like the look. Don't know if there is a way to adjust the throw to look more like it does in 1.3.1.

Edited by MikeO89

On 5/6/2018 at 3:12 PM, Lisias said:

Check the GC. The sad true is that most mods are written without caring about GC-friendly coding style.

After updating to 1.4.3 my game started to stutter like crazy, with GC having hiccups every second. The FPS, on the other hand, didn’t change much. I have a couple of mods installed, but not many, and it wasn’t nearly as bad before the update. Thank god MemGraph exists, otherwise the game would be unplayable with so much stutter.

5 hours ago, sh1pman said:

After updating to 1.4.3 my game started to stutter like crazy, with GC having hiccups every second. The FPS, on the other hand, didn’t change much. I have a couple of mods installed, but not many, and it wasn’t nearly as bad before the update. Thank god MemGraph exists, otherwise the game would be unplayable with so much stutter.

Try the game without mods but MemGraph, and check if the behaviour is the same.

How much memory do you have? This surely is a factor: if they did what I think they did (delaying the GC), small memory machines would suffer. A lot.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:00 AM, Vanamonde said:

Some posts about the EULA have been moved to the EULA thread. 

Link to this thread, please? Couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Dafni said:

Link to this thread, please? Couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance!

No link, but it's currently near the top of the KSP discussion first page.   EULA or TOS discussion thread.

Did Eve's oceans get changed in the 1.4.x run?  They used to be a greyish silver color, but I'm seeing them as pink now.  I don't often go there, so I am not up on when their look got changed.

TLS4WC8.jpg

Edited by klesh
added picture.

17 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

@SQUAD  Not gonna lie.  I really hope the fix for this comes soontm.

Can you please avoid posting auto-play videos to the forum in future? I'm hearing the audio from that stream every time there's a post here.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Can you please avoid posting auto-play videos to the forum in future? I'm hearing the audio from that stream every time there's a post here.

It doesn't autoplay for me.  Hmm...  I'll put it in a spoiler.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:20 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Hide contents

@SQUAD  Not gonna lie.  I really hope the fix for this comes soontm.

I can't find a bug report on the bug tracker..

15 hours ago, klesh said:

Did Eve's oceans get changed in the 1.4.x run?  They used to be a greyish silver color, but I'm seeing them as pink now.  I don't often go there, so I am not up on when their look got changed.

TLS4WC8.jpg

Been like that for some time actually. since the oceans got a makeover... forget which version.

On 5/7/2018 at 11:37 PM, sh1pman said:

I haven't noticed an increase in stutter, but my CPU seems to be working a lot harder now than it did pre-1.4. And that's with less mods.