[1.4.x] SM Para Motor

DoctorDavinci

SM Para Motor

A mod that adds a Para Motor for your Kerbals ... Requires Kerbal Inventory System (KIS)

Download link: https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/SM_ParaMotor/releases

Licensed under GPLv3

All credit goes to @SpannerMonkey(smce) for the idea and the part

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

FINALLY!
btw in one pf the test videos u used a 20mm minigun with KIS
how did u do that? also in the video above his legs looks more animated

That is part of another mod I am working on ... still a ways away until that is ready for release

As for the legs, didn't notice ... what the Kerbals legs are doing is totally the animation and nothing I am doing

Edited by DoctorDavinci

56 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

That is part of another mod I am working on ... still a ways away until that is ready for release

As for the legs, didn't notice ... what the Kerbals legs are doing is totally the animation and nothing I am doing

BDFPS replacement? 
also his hands are grabbing the EVA pack's straps

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there anyway to get this mod to work with 1.6 or 1.2?  Those are the versions of the game I have.

On KSP 1.6 I have KIS 1.17 and cannot equip the paramotor.

On Ksp 1.2 I have KIS 0.13 (I think?) and I can equip the paramotor, but i don't get a throttle control pop up.

Thanks

2 hours ago, TheAction said:

Is there anyway to get this mod to work with 1.6 or 1.2?

Hi, this simply wont work on ksp 1.2  the code was built for 1.4.x. It should work with 1.6 although, as you've discovered the changes with the kerbal structure have disabled  the attachment method, it's a small fix to put that side of thing rights though.  The code could probably do with a refresh for 1.6.x and I'll get in touch with DD  and see if i can get a copy of the source and put together an un official fix
In the meantime however the small  fix can be easily done yourself  with a minor cfg edit .  Open the Paramotor cfg   and find the ModuleKISItem  and edit as below

Original format 

equipSlot = jetpack
		equipMeshName = jetpack_base01 //  comment out or remove this line 
		equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01 //  change this 

New format

equipSlot = jetpack
		//equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
		equipBoneName = aliasJetpack //  changed to this 

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, this simply wont work on ksp 1.2  the code was built for 1.4.x. It should work with 1.6 although, as you've discovered the changes with the kerbal structure have disabled  the attachment method, it's a small fix to put that side of thing rights though.  The code could probably do with a refresh for 1.6.x and I'll get in touch with DD  and see if i can get a copy of the source and put together an un official fix
In the meantime however the small  fix can be easily done yourself  with a minor cfg edit .  Open the Paramotor cfg   and find the ModuleKISItem  and edit as below

Thanks, Spanner!  That seems to have done it.  Is there a way to trim the glider so it's not constantly diving toward the ground?  Seems like the the right amount of throttle you could get close to level flight.  Either way this is a fun mod!

56 minutes ago, TheAction said:

Is there a way to trim the glider so it's not constantly diving toward the ground? 

Happy to hear you got it working again.   As for the trim, spent a lot of time tweaking motor angles and as you can see it's had little effect, by rights the off-center thrust should cause the chute to pitch up, the fact that it doesn't, infers there's stuff going on behind the  scenes that we've yet to discover.  I've paramotored all over the place for lols ( as well as extensive OrX testing which for survivals sake means using the paramotor extensively) ,  and i've got used to the constant tweaking of pitch,  I'd say though that for best results  stay around half throttle,  as it only requires the lightest tap on the key to level it up

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.