Move tool broke?

First time booting up enhanced version. Lots of time on original though. Anyways, was trying to make a mun lander and quickly ran into a problem. The move took seems broke? The controls for non cursor is completely weird and switching to cursor mode will not allow me to grab one of the arrows to adjust appropriately. Instead it appears that I'm stuck without the ability to fine tune it and am stuck using the weird up on right stick for left, and right for up.

Xbox one

Cursor control preset though I tried them all.

The move works fine for me.  I use the radial control scheme on PS4.   With radial you just select the part and use the left stick.  I forget which directions you press for the movements, but if you hold the R1 on PS4 while using left stick there is the third axis or direction.   You just have to get use to what direction to push the stick for your desired movement, but after that it feels fine.  I haven't tried curser control at all because I like how radial worked out.

2 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

The move works fine for me.  I use the radial control scheme on PS4.   With radial you just select the part and use the left stick.  I forget which directions you press for the movements, but if you hold the R1 on PS4 while using left stick there is the third axis or direction.   You just have to get use to what direction to push the stick for your desired movement, but after that it feels fine.  I haven't tried curser control at all because I like how radial worked out.

It's the same in cursor

11 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

Same in cursor but I prefer to use the actual arrows by clicking on them like I used to and I can not find a way to. Seems like it broke. Just trying to see if it is or am I missing a button press?

There really needs to be some work done on the directional and fine controls for the assembly tools. I'm sure that it's likely user error, but I spend around an hour trying to replicate Temstar's base crawler for modular base building.

I wouldn't exactly call my final product a sucess.

Left stick is twitchy at best, and with no in game way to fine tune it's responsiveness I'm missing out on a large portion of the game.

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2018 at 10:43 AM, NAYK_Pope said:

First time booting up enhanced version. Lots of time on original though. Anyways, was trying to make a mun lander and quickly ran into a problem. The move took seems broke? The controls for non cursor is completely weird and switching to cursor mode will not allow me to grab one of the arrows to adjust appropriately. Instead it appears that I'm stuck without the ability to fine tune it and am stuck using the weird up on right stick for left, and right for up.

Xbox one

Cursor control preset though I tried them all.

Sadly I also have this same problem for my Xbox. Maybe it is an Xbox thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.