Air Superiority Competition Unlimited Re-Continued - Now in KSP 1.4 and BDA 1.2!

• 2 weeks later...

I forget what iteration of the Berzerker I'm on by now XD

3.0 I think. Lol

Regardless, I've decided to start this summer with a new generation of military drone craft, so you miiiiiggghhhtt see something if I don't go lazy :D

On 6/6/2018 at 2:20 PM, 53miner53 said:

I would like to enter 2 planes, if this isn't dead. 

On 6/6/2018 at 4:02 PM, Box of Stardust said:

Not dead, just... slow, I guess?

I'll let the queue build up a bit, maybe start back up at the end of the month. 

Consider it a season break. 

Lol. It’s dead if box of stardust doesn’t do the dogfights.

ok ok ok ok ok

Season break ends mid-July at the latest, hold ya'll horses.

In the meantime, if any of you were curious about what I've been working on, I have two BDA 1.2 fighters on my own KerbalX, PEGASys-M1 and Super Basilisk -F2. They're not for this competition (I've already reserved my own spots in the queue), but they'll give you an idea of what my own drones perform like.

Edited by Box of Stardust

18 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

ok ok ok ok ok

Season break ends mid-July at the latest, hold ya'll horses.

In the meantime, if any of you were curious about what I've been working on, I have two BDA 1.2 fighters on my own KerbalX, PEGASys-M1 and Super Basilisk -F2. They're not for this competition (I've already reserved my own spots in the queue), but they'll give you an idea of what my own drones perform like.

I already downloaded them. The Du-4A, overall, has the edge over the PEGASys.

41 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

Lure-Target doesn't stand a chance against the ASW-MI(D).

Mmm .. strange , i made 3 matchs against your ASW-MI(D) and i win 9-0 with one craft soflty damaged . And i'not tweak them till i upload them on KerbalX .

Can't know for your other craft ! Don't have Ven's Stock Part Revamp MoD ( Don't have B9 too ) , As long as there's a 'Random'  part of luck in dogfight , that's maybe just 'luck' 

Still work for a 3rd craft entry but i got nothing very good to submit . Mmm !?!

;) BTW , Nice day on Kerbin ;) 

6 hours ago, ZLM-Master said:

Mmm .. strange , i made 3 matchs against your ASW-MI(D) and i win 9-0 with one craft soflty damaged . And i'not tweak them till i upload them on KerbalX .

Can't know for your other craft ! Don't have Ven's Stock Part Revamp MoD ( Don't have B9 too ) , As long as there's a 'Random'  part of luck in dogfight , that's maybe just 'luck' 

Still work for a 3rd craft entry but i got nothing very good to submit . Mmm !?!

6 hours ago, dundun92 said:

@Box of Stardust, vens stock revamp is not allowed, right? (It modifies stock parts)

Honestly , i don't know ! But that's a logical answer on the battle result on my & his computer !

I don't think it requires it. It probably will work without it.

Huh?

12 hours ago, dundun92 said:

@Box of Stardust, vens stock revamp is not allowed, right? (It modifies stock parts)

That's a good point. I haven't used VSR in a while (only use it in career mode), but anything that modifies stock parts should be disallowed, because other entries not designed with it may not perform as intended. 

5 hours ago, MDZhB said:

Here's my submission: the Alice Doll. Hopefully maneuverable enough to win something.

Yep , Don't know if it's intended , but all your AI flight Pilot are set to Default values !

It's highly recommended to tweak ( at least ) your AI Pilot .

56 minutes ago, ZLM-Master said:

Yep , Don't know if it's intended , but all your AI flight Pilot are set to Default values !

It's highly recommended to tweak ( at least ) your AI Pilot .

How do I find what values are best for my aircraft? What should I be looking for in flight?

14 minutes ago, MDZhB said:

How do I find what values are best for my aircraft? What should I be looking for in flight?

http://bdarmory.wikia.com/wiki/AI_Pilot_Flight_Computer

To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out BDA 1.2's AI myself. My original rule of thumb was to start with seeing how well it controls its roll (how hard does it overcorrect, or is it too hesitant in trying to roll), and to adjust the steer damping accordingly, then from there, adjust steer factor. I think this test might still be valid for a good AI tune.

Also, tune weapon ranges. An aircraft's weapons and how they're used are, in my opinion, 30% of good BDA fighter design. 45% being the AI settings, and 25% actually building the plane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.