Air Superiority Competition Unlimited Re-Continued - Now in KSP 1.4 and BDA 1.2!

17 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

-- time out let me think --

did you ping dundun92?(he told me) why???

17 hours ago, Xd the great said:

How can I make the module missile manager to drop fuel tanks?

@Box of Stardust were you answering his question??? 

I was complaining a bit about the 12 flare pods on the Du-11B, which is kind of excessive, but only 6 flares stay on the craft, which I guess is okay. It just matters because too many flares has a heavy performance hit.

I'm going to declare a six ( 6 ) flare pod maximum on crafts, because, well, laggy performance sucks.

18 hours ago, Xd the great said:

How can I make the module missile manager to drop fuel tanks?

Download this craft:

https://kerbalx.com/Box_of_Stardust/Lynx-IIC

It has drop tanks. However, the fuel tank will always be locked if you reload a quicksave, due to how the Modular Missile Manager works. So you have to unlock every fuel tank in a drop tank every time you load a save.

It works under the same principle as the routing devices we use. It's a GPS-based launch, and the AI will fire GPS-based weapons always at the set max range. Though, it helps if you don't have other weapons overlapping that range.

7 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

I was complaining a bit about the 12 flare pods on the Du-11B, which is kind of excessive, but only 6 flares stay on the craft, which I guess is okay. It just matters because too many flares has a heavy performance hit.

Oh sorry... no wonder my test battles were slower than usual... and, what do u mean by 6 stay on the craft? They explode or something? 

3 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Well the other 6 are on the PRD, so they get detached. 

Oh lol. I forget about those =). And flare spam does slow the game a lot.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

I'm going to declare a six ( 6 ) flare pod maximum on crafts, because, well, laggy performance sucks.

Download this craft:

https://kerbalx.com/Box_of_Stardust/Lynx-IIC

It has drop tanks. However, the fuel tank will always be locked if you reload a quicksave, due to how the Modular Missile Manager works. So you have to unlock every fuel tank in a drop tank every time you load a save.

It works under the same principle as the routing devices we use. It's a GPS-based launch, and the AI will fire GPS-based weapons always at the set max range. Though, it helps if you don't have other weapons overlapping that range.

It would be easier if you quoted who you were speaking to.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:35 PM, Box of Stardust said:

-- time out let me think --

6 minutes ago, ZLM-Master said:

@Box of Stardust @dundun92 Excuse me sirs , but i have issues with the last DU 11 . May you check if it's a Bug from my KSP or not .

In the SPH DU 11 Tiger Got 1000 HP . My regular Tiger got 500 HP but Here in Game they got 26000 Hp . a bit hard to take down .

brVtw81.jpg

All my apologize if it's a bug from my game .

It is a BDA bug.

8 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Just thinking, if a plane have more wing area  and control surface, will its turn rate increase?

3 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Yes

(@dundun92  :D )

Keep in mind that it will also increase drag and reduce top speed.

Yes, more wing area means greater possibile turn rate(note: if there is insufficient control authority, the plane cannot turn fast enough to reach max theoretical turn rate), at the expense of drag. More control surfaces increases control authority (allowing faster movement/responsiveness), but like reaction wheel, cannot increase your turn rate.(technically, since control surfaces produce some lift, they do increase max theoretical turn rate. However, this is usually only makes a difference on small aircraft.)

3 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

@Box of Stardust, if I use the reloadable missile thingy, set action group rearm to every single action (stage, brakes etc.), I can have the AI help me rearm missiles.

Holy. I can carry 20 times missiles into battle.

We've been told by the BDA devs that under full AI controls, aircraft do not reload missiles.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:25 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@dundun92

Hi,  lets  clear up  these misunderstandings.
There is no death ray, and there will not be one. 
There is a module that can be fitted to missiles , and is currently fitted in only two missiles, uniquely named, in the BDA parts collection.  Its a simple matter to ban use of two missiles just like you do lasers.  
The reloadable rail cannot be reloaded by AI, and therefore is of no use in AI comps, the AI will treat it as single fire only. 
Also as mentioned in thread and the bit you didn't quote is that even in manual use there is a limit to the amount of times it can be reloaded. It is not an infinite supply of missiles, add to that , that there is no reloadable missile part in BDA . The module is provided mainly to be used by weapon mod makers.
Perhaps a bit of an over reaction on your part.

Now if you mean that with action groups, while under full AI control, the AI will be able to reload missiles, then we'll look into it.

1 hour ago, Box of Stardust said:

We've been told by the BDA devs that under full AI controls, aircraft do not reload missiles.

Now if you mean that with action groups, while under full AI control, the AI will be able to reload missiles, then we'll look into it.

I mean the latter. Im looking into it.

Will report once I produce something useful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.