Air Superiority Competition Unlimited Re-Continued - Now in KSP 1.4 and BDA 1.2!

2 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Okay, so, I've begun looking into finishing the current queue.

Only thing is, BDA 1.2 for KSP 1.4.5 does not have the fixes that were implemented that seem to resolve the major issues we were having.

So that means I'll probably update to the latest version of KSP (I haven't touched the game for almost half a year), which means newest version of BDA, which means things may potentially go wrong when using the older craft. But at least (maybe) missiles will stop killing the craft they are launching from and AP+ parts will have proper hitpoints.

Yes, I will definitely recommend going for latest KSP and latest BDA.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

You came to the right thread. What are the problems? Is it steering too hard?

Nah, I just use default settings. Not to mention my crafts are heavy and loaded with big guns. Standard armament is at least 2 Gau-9s and 1 - 4 hidden Vulcans for spray. Oh, and I would slap on heatseekers for routing. Maybe I'll update from 1.3 tomorrow and install the mod version, then slap something together.

I would still love to participate in this competition, even took the effort to design something. As it seems however, this thread isn't really going anywhere. We should probably start coming up with some sort of solution if we want to continue this thread. Seems to me like a system that doesn't put as much of the work on @Box of Stardust's shoulders would be good. Still, I don't think we can expect everyone who wants to join to do their own battles. I'm pretty lost when it comes to solving this problem. Also, I'm not entirely sure how large a population still wants to keep this thread alive... I also know pretty well that as a person with no actual entries in the competition I don't have the expertise to really figure out a perfect solution. Regardless though, to all those who are still interested, I suggest we put our heads together and figure out a way to revive this awesome competition!

27 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Are we still running 1.4 or up to 1.6?

Getting ready to make something.

I don't think it's currently running in any update... I suggest just using the latest version tbh, since the latest versions of ksp and bda seem to run fairly well 

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Thorn_Ike said:

*i sniff a dead thread*

Is this competition still alive? I need to develop short-range interceptors for this competition.

Yeah it is, except it's right here: (AKA the pinned topic at the top)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.