Box of Stardust

Air Superiority Competition Unlimited Re-Continued - Now in KSP 1.4 and BDA 1.2!

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Hello? Anyone here? HELLLOOOOOO? ANYONE! 

Image result for doge much dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not dead, just... slow, I guess?

I'll let the queue build up a bit, maybe start back up at the end of the month. 

Consider it a season break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forget what iteration of the Berzerker I'm on by now XD

3.0 I think. Lol

Regardless, I've decided to start this summer with a new generation of military drone craft, so you miiiiiggghhhtt see something if I don't go lazy :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 2:20 PM, 53miner53 said:

I would like to enter 2 planes, if this isn't dead. 

 

On 6/6/2018 at 4:02 PM, Box of Stardust said:

Not dead, just... slow, I guess?

I'll let the queue build up a bit, maybe start back up at the end of the month. 

Consider it a season break. 

Lol. It’s dead if box of stardust doesn’t do the dogfights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally updated to BDAc 1.2 and Kerbal 1.4.3, there is an armor slider in BDA now...any rules considering that or anything else other than part/weight limits and turrets not allowed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GillyMonster said:

I finally updated to BDAc 1.2 and Kerbal 1.4.3, there is an armor slider in BDA now...any rules considering that or anything else other than part/weight limits and turrets not allowed?

Armor must be left on default. The slider doesn't even add weight. 

And, @Box of Stardust, here's another entry:

https://kerbalx.com/dundun92/IV-7F

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

Armor must be left on default. The slider doesn't even add weight.  

.................UH

*Edits craft*

Gotcha

Image result for jesus pointing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok ok ok ok ok

Season break ends mid-July at the latest, hold ya'll horses.

 

In the meantime, if any of you were curious about what I've been working on, I have two BDA 1.2 fighters on my own KerbalX, PEGASys-M1 and Super Basilisk -F2. They're not for this competition (I've already reserved my own spots in the queue), but they'll give you an idea of what my own drones perform like.

Edited by Box of Stardust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

ok ok ok ok ok

Season break ends mid-July at the latest, hold ya'll horses.

 

In the meantime, if any of you were curious about what I've been working on, I have two BDA 1.2 fighters on my own KerbalX, PEGASys-M1 and Super Basilisk -F2. They're not for this competition (I've already reserved my own spots in the queue), but they'll give you an idea of what my own drones perform like.

I already downloaded them. The Du-4A, overall, has the edge over the PEGASys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

Lure-Target doesn't stand a chance against the ASW-MI(D).

Mmm .. strange , i made 3 matchs against your ASW-MI(D) and i win 9-0 with one craft soflty damaged . And i'not tweak them till i upload them on KerbalX .

Can't know for your other craft ! Don't have Ven's Stock Part Revamp MoD ( Don't have B9 too ) , As long as there's a 'Random'  part of luck in dogfight , that's maybe just 'luck' 

Still work for a 3rd craft entry but i got nothing very good to submit . Mmm !?!

;) BTW , Nice day on Kerbin ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

(It modifies stock parts)

Honestly , i don't know ! But that's a logical answer on the battle result on my & his computer !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZLM-Master said:

Mmm .. strange , i made 3 matchs against your ASW-MI(D) and i win 9-0 with one craft soflty damaged . And i'not tweak them till i upload them on KerbalX .

Can't know for your other craft ! Don't have Ven's Stock Part Revamp MoD ( Don't have B9 too ) , As long as there's a 'Random'  part of luck in dogfight , that's maybe just 'luck' 

Still work for a 3rd craft entry but i got nothing very good to submit . Mmm !?!

;) BTW , Nice day on Kerbin ;) 

 

6 hours ago, dundun92 said:

@Box of Stardust, vens stock revamp is not allowed, right? (It modifies stock parts)

 

6 hours ago, ZLM-Master said:

Honestly , i don't know ! But that's a logical answer on the battle result on my & his computer !

I don't think it requires it. It probably will work without it.

6 hours ago, ZLM-Master said:

;) BTW , Nice day on Kerbin ;) 

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dundun92 said:

@Box of Stardust, vens stock revamp is not allowed, right? (It modifies stock parts)

That's a good point. I haven't used VSR in a while (only use it in career mode), but anything that modifies stock parts should be disallowed, because other entries not designed with it may not perform as intended. 

Edited by Box of Stardust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my submission: the Alice Doll. Hopefully maneuverable enough to win something.

Ly4IQea.png

Maybe if the guns don't kill you, its looks will...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MDZhB said:

Here's my submission: the Alice Doll. Hopefully maneuverable enough to win something.

Yep , Don't know if it's intended , but all your AI flight Pilot are set to Default values !

It's highly recommended to tweak ( at least ) your AI Pilot .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ZLM-Master said:

Yep , Don't know if it's intended , but all your AI flight Pilot are set to Default values !

It's highly recommended to tweak ( at least ) your AI Pilot .

How do I find what values are best for my aircraft? What should I be looking for in flight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MDZhB said:

How do I find what values are best for my aircraft? What should I be looking for in flight?

http://bdarmory.wikia.com/wiki/AI_Pilot_Flight_Computer

To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out BDA 1.2's AI myself. My original rule of thumb was to start with seeing how well it controls its roll (how hard does it overcorrect, or is it too hesitant in trying to roll), and to adjust the steer damping accordingly, then from there, adjust steer factor. I think this test might still be valid for a good AI tune.

Also, tune weapon ranges. An aircraft's weapons and how they're used are, in my opinion, 30% of good BDA fighter design. 45% being the AI settings, and 25% actually building the plane.

Edited by Box of Stardust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.