Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

Kerbin Side Remastered

i5aJsAt.png

This is the revision of the Classic Kerbin Side mod made by forum user AlphaAsh. The entirety of the mod was recreated from the ground up. This mod uses many of the new features within Kerbal Konstructs. Kerbin Side Remastered features stock-alike structures and runways, functioning landing systems for runways, and resource friendly assets. 

DOWNLOAD From:

i5VRmjK.png     sLf6SwI.png

This mod requires the installation of Kerbal Konstructs. You can find it HERE

Breakdown of included Features:

• All new stock-alike structures and launch sites.
  • Working landing aids, Precision Approach Path Indicator, and KK ILS/NGS system
  • -Taxiways
  • -Automatic Numbering Runways
  • -Structures made in a modular triangle and hex system, to make launch sites in any configuration.
  • -Day Night Animations
  • -Dish Animations
  • -System resource friendly assets.
  • -Balanced game play with stock KSP
  • -Discoverable airfields and launch sites.
  • -Hidden Easter Eggs! Anomalies!

And more to come soon!

Special Thanks and Attribution:

•  @Lack for permission to use some of his models.
  •  @Ger_space for his amazing work with Kerbal Konstructs, adding new modules, and just putting up with me in general.
  •  @Omega482 for his help, resources, and KSC specs.

Here is an album showing how I make the stock alike structures: Making KSP Structures

Frequently Asked Questions:

• Q: Why are there so many errors? A: Those are just warnings telling you that assets are not found in the GameData folder. I assure you this is normal. Kerbal Konstructs assigns the 'Built-in" textures to the meshes. Built-in textures are the ones included with Kerbal Space Program. The PhysX errors are normal too. KSP is trying to apply a convex mesh to a 2D plane (the face of a wall). Kerbal Konstructs overrides the mesh collider making it behave like a box collider. None of these errors are game breaking and are merely warnings asking if the properties of the model is ok. 
  • Q: Does this work with the old Kerbin Side?    A: No, this is meant to be an entirely new replacement to the old Kerbin Side.
  • Q: Does this work with 'X' planet mod?   A: Kerbin Side Remastered is designed for Stock KSP. As there are many Planet mods it's too time consuming create KSR for each one. I haven't tested it yet but KSR may work with planet resize mod, use at your own risk.
  • Q: The old Round Range is over the new one?   A: The older version of the Kerbal Konstructs plugin includes the old statics for the old Round Range. To fix this delete the Statics folder from Kerbal Konstructs. Future releases of Kerbal Konstructs will have the old KS buildings migrated to the legacy Kerbin Side mod. I strongly recommend updating to the current version. (This is no longer an issue with the current version of Kerbal Konstructs) Additionally Kerbin Side Remastered isn't designed to work with Kerbin Side Classic.
  • Q: Is the old Kerbin Side locations in this mod?  A: Only a remake of Round Range and Sandy Island are locations from the old Kerbin Side at the moment. New locations were made for this mod, some hidden. A few more of the old locations are planned for future release.
  • Q: Does the Airship Hangar have an interior? A: Yes! Click on the Yellow Power Transformer on the side of the building, it is the switch to open the doors.

Change Log:

Version 1.0.1

Minor Update:
- Fixed Harvester Airfield runway position.
- Fixed texel density of a few statics.
- Added new airport 'Dununda'

Version 1.0.0

- Reworked much of the models. 
- Better Runways
- Better Taxiways
- Created many new stock alike buildings.
- Stock alike static ground vehicles. 
- More anomalies (gotta have stuff to discover.)
- More Bases

- Added Mini AVC
- Change License to Creative Commons 4.0. 

Version 0.90.1.1

- Initial release

License:

Edited by Eskandare

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What's the license of the original mod?

All Rights Reserved, but this uses no assets of the original what so ever and is called Kerbin Side Remastered. This is a completely new mod.

Edited by Eskandare

53 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

All Rights Reserved, but this uses no assets of the original what so ever and is called Kerbin Side Remastered. This is a completely new mod.

Ok, but the name is confusing, makes one think it was being continued.  Maybe change the name a bit?

I saw this subject line and immediately held my breath --- YAY!

I'm sort of agreeing with @LGG, but in this case -...Remastered has a "successor mod" connotation, and wouldn't cause too much confusion to me.

Can't wait to try it out! :D

Judging by the features list -- are the hangars/fuel depots out for the moment? EDIT: NVM -- found the fuel farm :)

Edited by Beetlecat

13 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

A freaking airship hangar???? HA! :D

And it opens, animates and has internals.

22 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Wwhsq40.png      qsroR57.png

5Bogc4D.png

Thank you very much for these! Fits perfectly in my KSC!

Wait till you find the other stuff :wink:

1 hour ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Is there a way to make this work with the new stock launchpad switcher? It seems like the best way to streamline them, but besides it being DLC-locked, are there benefits to keeping it in KK?

This launcher is not stock, but for the MH expansion. 

I'm currently working on it, but I need a few more days before I can release it. 

Anyone had tried using both original KerbinSide and the Remastered?

I have some (internal) custom missions using the facilities from the original, and I would like to keep using them.

11 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

Well. in 1.4.3 the kerbinside launchsites just tell me the craft failed to launch, and then spawned multiple of the contract and kspedia buttons every failed launch. is this a KK thing, or a kerbinside thing? need to know where to post the bug @Eskandare @Ger_space

Are you using the KK Beta for 1.4?

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Anyone had tried using both original KerbinSide and the Remastered?

I have some (internal) custom missions using the facilities from the original, and I would like to keep using them.

I just tried dropping the KSC Island directory from Kerbin Side into the ExampleBases dir, but that didn't do anything -- maybe the statics are all different/not yet built for that. I miss the old island upgrades. More to come, hopefully! :)

1 hour ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

Well. in 1.4.3 the kerbinside launchsites just tell me the craft failed to launch, and then spawned multiple of the contract and kspedia buttons every failed launch. is this a KK thing, or a kerbinside thing? need to know where to post the bug @Eskandare @Ger_space

Are you using the expansion and the new launchsite selector? 

2 hours ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

odd, forwarding to @Ger_space

(then I realize it is being already talked about.)

Edited by Eskandare