Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Looks like a serious PQS error. Sorry but I can't help you without logs and mod list. 

Probably CKAN messing up a few things. I thought I had installed all non-CKAN-compatible mods manually but CKAN is weird. I'll redo all the planet-related mods manually and see if that fixes it.
I use about 180 mods and my log file is like 60MB so I'll better figure it out myself ;).

Sigh, CKAN really causes me more work than it saves time.

Edited by Zah

6 hours ago, Zah said:

Probably CKAN messing up a few things. I thought I had installed all non-CKAN-compatible mods manually but CKAN is weird. I'll redo all the planet-related mods manually and see if that fixes it.
I use about 180 mods and my log file is like 60MB so I'll better figure it out myself ;).

Sigh, CKAN really causes me more work than it saves time.

I was studying the image further and it looks like you have a mod that is interfering with the PQS procedural mesh calculation and the KK map decal system that also uses PQS. I use 144 mods in my main game and I haven't had a problem.

2 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

I was studying the image further and it looks like you have a mod that is interfering with the PQS procedural mesh calculation and the KK map decal system that also uses PQS. I use 144 mods in my main game and I haven't had a problem.

I was coming from the original Kerbin Side which worked without issues(I'm on 1.4.5 with this install). Removed that, then installed Kerbin Side Remastered manually. New games in both cases, so I don't mind starting new. I'm still fiddling with some mods anyway. Will try a complete manual install and see what that does.

10 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Eskandare Earlier, you said that you would make some statics for terminals. Are you still planning to make them? Also, is the problem with the center of the taxiways being offset fixed?

I've remade much the taxiways, the offset you are speaking of is the fact the taxiways are not curved in arc minutes. I have plans to change that for stock KSP. Right now the taxiways and such are still not arc curved. This is a benefit for rescale mods.  As for the terminals, I haven't settled on a design I like, however now that I have studied Artyon Zurev's models to ad nauseam, I can make the terminal and future statics even more stock alike.

Edited by Eskandare

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

Duh. Could it be Kerbal Cities Pack? I have no idea why that's even installed Oo.

20 hours ago, Zah said:

Duh. Could it be Kerbal Cities Pack? I have no idea why that's even installed Oo.

Kerbal Cities is just configs and models. If you are using scatterer make sure you are using the latest version for your version of the game, same goes for kopernicus.

Edited by Eskandare

Can you make a version of this mod to be compatible with the Kerbin-Side Complete Continued Mod? This has so many cool features and bases i would like to see in the other mod an vice versa, mabey you could redevelop this as an expansion for that mod, possibly just having 2 version, One with just the revamped KSC and another one with all the other launch sites and bases found in this mod.

a while back I posted .. I think here.. that I was going to make some code that can autogenerate a Kramax autopilot ILS flightplan for any arbitrary runway; It's done and it works.  Find it in the Kramax forum if you use that mod and want to make custom autogen approaches for all these airports.  That mod will land a plane accurately even with FAR, so.. it's a good combination.  Some people seem to have problems with the trailing whitespace(?) which may be a windows issue.. if you have that problem just push enter at the end of the line or re-indent or whatever.. it's just python code so... anyway, dev & test on linux with python 2.x.  Free to use, let me know if you like it.  Makes KerbinSide a lot more useful, at least for myself :)

Hi Eskandare,

Is there any specific reason why your runway markings have collider? That is kinda issue as we all know how "happy" and bouncy some times is stock KPS landing gear, special smaller or non retractable.

I noticed this after i put 1.6 scale 2500m runway

Few screenshots:

Spoiler

screenshot16.png

screenshot15.png

screenshot18.png

All 1700m runways looks fine scaled or not. 2500m runways at stock scale have this problem and depending on marking its bit different. Some are like small pothole and some like small bump.

Probably its just minor alignment but maybe you should make all markinks like runway numbert with no collider at all.

Like this one:

screenshot14.png

Im sure you will know better how to fix it. Im not 3D modeling person :)

47 minutes ago, banditsan said:

Hi Eskandare,

Is there any specific reason why your runway markings have collider? That is kinda issue as we all know how "happy" and bouncy some times is stock KPS landing gear, special smaller or non retractable.

I noticed this after i put 1.6 scale 2500m runway

Few screenshots:

{Ker'snipity!}

This has been already fixed for the next version, the reason why that was happening is because the markings didn't have the same origin as the runway. All makings are inlay meshes (cut out) in the runway. The numbers float above to prevent Z-fighting when they are seen from a distance. Unfortunately due to the way the numbers' auto-course module works, they cannot be cut out of the runway.

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

Jeez, that's a big bridge. All we need now are @Ger_space to figure out how to magic placeable water features through the terrain decals.

He has placeable, just make a water cube transform and sink it into the location of the map decal.

Edited by Eskandare

On 10/12/2018 at 5:41 PM, theonegalen said:

But it would still be solid, am I correct?

No there is a module in KK that makes a static of water. https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases

internal

• Changed the Water-Floating StaticModule to use the CallBack StaticModule, so I have less duplicate code.

So it's there. There should be an example model showing how to make it.

Edited by Eskandare

On 10/2/2018 at 2:18 AM, Zah said:

Huh, so the south airfield looks like this for me Oo.
rkuoiki.jpg

I had the same problem, back in the day.
My solution was just to copy all the data of the MapDecal surface on top of the base is then made, and create a new one...

Try to change the file "KK_MapDecal_KK_SouthField_MD.cfg" in ".../ExampleBases/SouthField" with this:

// Generated by Kerbal Konstructs

KK_MapDecal
{
	Name = KK_SouthField_MD
	CelestialBody = Kerbin
	Latitude = -47.017058411167376
	Longitude = -140.96494724740413
	Radius = 1645
	HeightMapName = K-Slope
	ColorMapName = None
	RemoveScatter = True
	UseAlphaHeightSmoothing = True
	UseAbsolut = True
	AbsolutOffset = 76.9291687
	CullBlack = True
	HeightMapDeformity = 0
	SmoothColor = 0
	SmoothHeight = 0.125
	Angle = 0
	Order = 100000
}

... on my end resolved the issue. ;)

On 10/13/2018 at 2:41 AM, theonegalen said:

But it would still be solid, am I correct?

There are two flat water surface modules that can be used ( one round, one square) they are delivered within kk. 

Feel free to use them or build your own ones.

The water body has to be a trigger collider, you can dive within the collider, but as soon you leave it you are in the air again, so make sure you make it deep enough so it reaches all way down to solid ground.