Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

22 minutes ago, Mrbre4kr said:

I'm using Kerbin Side Remastered 1.0.1 and I noticed that the icons no longer appear in map view. Before they used to be black squares, which wasn't ideal but worked, but now i can't see them at all. Is there a button to hide/show them that I accidentally pressed or is this a bug?

double check the buttons on the KK toolbar that you're not simply 'hiding" bases, opened and unopened, etc.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, Beetlecat said:

Hey @Eskandare (or any pro KK users), any notion of what it would take to get KSR's KSC Upgrades components to work on JNSQ's Kerbin?

The other bases load fine, but are just in "odd" places/depths relative to the terrain. I'm thinking of taking an afternoon visiting them all and seeing if I could come up with some possible new locations or orientations. The KSC upgrades themselves are thwarting me so far. They either just don't load at all, or are hidden under the terrain (or something).

I'm thinking I could drop a new static next to KSC, then compare it to the KSCUpgrades configs to see how they compare. Is this the right tree to bark up?

I miss those runway lights and taxiways to go along with KSC Extended (which is workin' fine...)

Mini update on this -- I managed to drag the KSC Upgrade components back to the KSC-on-JNSQ campus by dropping a placeholder group center nearby, then hand-copying that position into the KSCUpgrades group. Was that clever? Did I just create a lot of work for myself? Who knows! But after a bunch of fine-tuning to tweak the angles and height of the taxiways and such, the expanded KSC is now back -- and nestles in nicely with KSC Extended.

If anyone knows if Module Manager can patch KK configs a JNSQ patch could be made, otherwise it'll just be a big zip of config files.

Spoiler

lKTdXbW.png

Looks like a few palm trees have busted up through the taxiway...

Edited by Beetlecat

The palm trees are defined by JNSQ's Kerbin config. They're a Kopernicus thing. I've deleted them from my install, but I couldn't tell you which ones clip with the taxiways. If you search the .cfg for "city" you'll find them pretty quick. I think there's about twenty or so all told.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, Beetlecat said:

Hey @Eskandare (or any pro KK users), any notion of what it would take to get KSR's KSC Upgrades components to work on JNSQ's Kerbin?

The other bases load fine, but are just in "odd" places/depths relative to the terrain. I'm thinking of taking an afternoon visiting them all and seeing if I could come up with some possible new locations or orientations. The KSC upgrades themselves are thwarting me so far. They either just don't load at all, or are hidden under the terrain (or something).

I'm thinking I could drop a new static next to KSC, then compare it to the KSCUpgrades configs to see how they compare. Is this the right tree to bark up?

I miss those runway lights and taxiways to go along with KSC Extended (which is workin' fine...)

At some point I plan to make a JNSQ version but I haven't be able to get around to it. I've bee investigating how to make the O'Neill cylinder a reality for KSP, and some continued work on Eskandare Aerospace.  Also I still need to update KSR to the new shader so that the roads blend.

3 hours ago, Eskandare said:

At some point I plan to make a JNSQ version but I haven't be able to get around to it. I've bee investigating how to make the O'Neill cylinder a reality for KSP, and some continued work on Eskandare Aerospace.  Also I still need to update KSR to the new shader so that the roads blend.

Also, what about adding airport(s) onto the West of the continent that has Dessert? 

On 2/17/2020 at 4:13 AM, FahmiRBLXian said:

Also, what about adding airport(s) onto the West of the continent that has Dessert? 

There sould be some on that continent and a few on the islands. There should be a bunch. I've tried to spread airfield out so it isn't over saturated. 

Edited by Eskandare

@Eskandare Forgive me if this has been asked and answered somewhere I've missed, how compatible is this with Kerbal Construction Time's launch site selection system? Can the 2 be used together, and if so, how does selecting launchsites work? I literally just downloaded the mod, first time using it, and hoping it doesn't conflict with KCT. I'm trying it out on my own, so maybe by the time you answer I'll have figured it out myself, but if not, I'd appreciate any pointers you could give, assuming you know yourself.

I just found KSC2 and it has a refueling station, and thats cool, but it has a cost for fuel, but it doesn't seem to subtract any actual funds when i refill my tanks. Is that bugged, or just a feature that never actually got fleshed out?

EDIT: Ignore this one, landed at Nye and refueled, realized I had been looking at my altimeter, and not my funds gauge, at Baikerbanur during refueling. Felt like an idiot.

Edited by vardicd

8 hours ago, vardicd said:

also just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know if the bases and airports added will show up as anomalies or locations on a SCANsat scan? 

As far as I know all anomalies should appear on scansat. I'm working on some new stock scanning aircraft parts for Eskandare Aerospace so that fly bois can use aircraft to s an for the anomalies. 

8 hours ago, WallHaxx said:

CKAN is still wizardry to me. I guess I just have to wait for them to index it or something?

I'll talk to @linuxgurugamer about indexing it for me. I still haven't gotten the hang of CKAN.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm working on some new anomalies! Some sci-fi nerd culture stuff, some weird stuff, some silly stuff, and some stuff to honor people. If you haven't explored Cape Kerman base in KSR,  you should. If you don't know where it is, it is close to the Coordinates of the real Kennedy Space Center  There is an anomaly there that is worth seeing and reading the plaque. Please pay your respects some time.

Edited by Eskandare

@Eskandare So i have a question, scansat shows a landmass very similar in appearance to the Kerman atoll here:

Spoiler

38 Lat 109.79 Lon

KQtY5d2.jpg

Yet on arrival at the coordinates, there is nothing but water.

NE5N7JS.jpg

Is this a bug with Kerbinside, or a bug of some sort with SCANsat? should there be something there, or not?

12 hours ago, vardicd said:

@Eskandare So i have a question, scansat shows a landmass very similar in appearance to the Kerman atoll here:

Reveal hidden contents

38 Lat 109.79 Lon

KQtY5d2.jpg

Yet on arrival at the coordinates, there is nothing but water.

NE5N7JS.jpg

Is this a bug with Kerbinside, or a bug of some sort with SCANsat? should there be something there, or not?

There should only be the kerman atoll. I didn't create any new major land masses. There is however a crevasse in the shape of a smiley face underwater, but that is stock. Now I look at the picture, I have absolutely no idea. Hmmm...

Edited by Eskandare

On 2/21/2020 at 9:53 PM, Eskandare said:

If you haven't explored Cape Kerman base in KSR,  you should. If you don't know where it is, it is close to the Coordinates of the real Kennedy Space Center  There is an anomaly there that is worth seeing and reading the plaque. Please pay your respects some time.

anomaly coordinate discussion behind spoiler, and image that shows some discovered items. Don't look if you don't want to know.

Spoiler

Okay, so what are the coordinate equivalent for Kennedy SC {Cape Kerman base} in KSP? I tried entering 28/80 into waypoint manager, butt it took me to someplace northwest of Nye island that turned out to be 28 north and 80 EAST instead of 80 west. If I try entering it as 28/-80 it sends me to near the north pole. I figure the equivalent location for Kennedy center isn't going to be near the north pole, and I don't know how to tell the coordinate system i want to go to 28 north and 80 west. 

wKPHWSD.jpg

I'm already flying back to Nye Island for refueling after doing a couple of ground level circles at the blue marker and finding no base.

Edited by vardicd

@Eskandare Would there be any reason you can think of that the open base cost for an installation would drop to 5 funds, or .5 funds? I'm not sure which it is, screenshot below. I've landed and this airbase a few times to refuel and it's never been this cheap, I had just landed at another airbase before flying here, and it's open cost was about 555,000 funds if i remember right, I haven't added any mods since the last time I landed here. I'm going to try re-installing Kerbinside tomorrow just to see if that changes anything, unless you can explain what's going on here.

Spoiler

eA7rG8z.jpg

Also was a little surprised that launching from here uses the small platform from the stock easter egg, and not the pad added by Kerbinside? I tested this after making a quicksave to see if the cost was just showing wrong, but was going to actually charge me more than what was showing. It cost me the small amount actually shown. in the picture above.

ngH9Qik.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5hjcggv229kgfo/Player.log?dl=0

10 hours ago, vardicd said:

@Eskandare Would there be any reason you can think of that the open base cost for an installation would drop to 5 funds, or .5 funds? I'm not sure which it is, screenshot below. I've landed and this airbase a few times to refuel and it's never been this cheap, I had just landed at another airbase before flying here, and it's open cost was about 555,000 funds if i remember right, I haven't added any mods since the last time I landed here. I'm going to try re-installing Kerbinside tomorrow just to see if that changes anything, unless you can explain what's going on here.

Reveal hidden contents

eA7rG8z.jpg

Also was a little surprised that launching from here uses the small platform from the stock easter egg, and not the pad added by Kerbinside? I tested this after making a quicksave to see if the cost was just showing wrong, but was going to actually charge me more than what was showing. It cost me the small amount actually shown. in the picture above.

ngH9Qik.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5hjcggv229kgfo/Player.log?dl=0

@Eskandare I copied my Kerbinside folder out of my install, then did a clean reinstall of the mod, and nothing worked all the buildings were gone, just empty flat spaces. So I put my old kerbinside folder back in my install, and everything was back, and the base now costs the "correct" amount of funds to open. I have no idea what changed.

Spoiler

dErPR9z.jpg

21 hours ago, WallHaxx said:

I haven't checked yet, but according to this tool, it might be near the bay on the north/west of "Africa".

https://ksp.deringenieur.net/

16 hours ago, Eskandare said:

It is the north/west of the same continent as KSP KSC

Well, where ever it is, blind flying around isn't finding this one. I managed it with 3 other bases around Kerbin, but I've flown all over that northwest region, and I guess I just haven't gotten close enough for it to be visible. I'll just have to wait till I get far enough along in my tech tree to unlock SCANsat's anomaly scanner and see what it finds, then try and fly to it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am having som Trouble with the Baikerbanur Space Center. See this Picture:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dQx2WTCHGyVc8ehRRLYSrCGvX3F2wSNz

I originally intended to remove all the Custom Assets to revert to the "stock" Launch Site that you get from the Kerbal Konstructs Mod by deleting the KSC2 Folder from the Kerbin Side Remastered Directory; this is what happened:

Any Help how I can launch from the original Baikerbanur Launch Pad? I started this Thread about it too:

On 3/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, derbleifuss said:

I am having som Trouble with the Baikerbanur Space Center. See this Picture:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dQx2WTCHGyVc8ehRRLYSrCGvX3F2wSNz

I originally intended to remove all the Custom Assets to revert to the "stock" Launch Site that you get from the Kerbal Konstructs Mod by deleting the KSC2 Folder from the Kerbin Side Remastered Directory; this is what happened:

Spoiler

Any Help how I can launch from the original Baikerbanur Launch Pad? I started this Thread about it too:

I really don't know what happened there. It may be a problem with either deleting the group or leaving the group.

Turns out it is caused by Kopernicus. Deleting the Group does exactly what I wanted to do. Weird Thing is that it only messes up Baikerbanur but all other Launchsites are functioning as they should. So I had to abandon Baikerbanur and get the Kosmodrome Mod instead for my Soviet Style Crafts.