Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

On 8/27/2019 at 1:55 AM, Im_M said:

Forgive my ignorance if it's covered elsewhere in the thread, but I noticed you can interact with the observatories and it has options to assign kerbals to them to generate science. How do you actually assign staff to them? When I click the button to assign them it says no unassigned kerbals available. 

Nobody answered this question, and I'm having this issue as well. I can't figure out how to assign them, despite hiring each type of kerbal that was offered and having them standing right next to the facility. :(

On 2/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, Eskandare said:

I'll talk to @linuxgurugamer about indexing it for me. I still haven't gotten the hang of CKAN.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm working on some new anomalies! Some sci-fi nerd culture stuff, some weird stuff, some silly stuff, and some stuff to honor people. If you haven't explored Cape Kerman base in KSR,  you should. If you don't know where it is, it is close to the Coordinates of the real Kennedy Space Center  There is an anomaly there that is worth seeing and reading the plaque. Please pay your respects some time.

Spoiler

691e.png691f.png

Edited by Sokol_323

11 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

@Eskandare Plaque info about Yuri Gagarin is incorrect (he did not fly on a Soyuz-3 spaceship).

If we stick to the historical truth, Yuri Gagarin and Vladimir Seregin (not a cosmonaut, but an instructor pilot) were killed during a training flight on a MIG-15UTI on March 27, 1968. And this fact is not in doubt. Although there are different "alternative" versions of the death of the first cosmonaut, for example, during a test flight on a lunar flyby ship from the Soyuz-7K-L1 series, which flew to the moon in an unmanned version of the ZOND program. Connect the launch date of one of the ships of this program - ZOND-4 with the date of Gagarin's death. But ZOND-4 was launched on March 2, 1968. The launch was unsuccessful, the Probe-4 did not reach the specified flight path and burned up in the atmosphere when returning to Earth. There is still no documentary evidence that this could have been a manned flight.

Soyuz-3 was actually piloted by cosmonaut George Beregovoy on October 26, 1968. This was the second test flight of the Soyuz series, after the death of cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov on Soyuz-1.

Edited by Sokol_323

2 hours ago, MonkeyCan'tDock said:

Can we add the old Kosmodrome mod to Kerbinside? I love the assets with the giant pit in the ground.

I tried running this mod in version 1.8 with Kerbin Side Remastered. It works, Kosmodrom appears on the map. You can use buildings from this mod to install in other locations. But nothing can be launched from lauch pad, the missiles get stuck in the launch towers and explode. And so of course this mod is beautiful. On the other hand, the starting point is located in the desert at the same latitude as the starting point in the same desert, only slightly to the East. It would be more logical to place Kosmodrom in the place of KSC2, especially since this location is displayed as Baikerbanur or Kerbanur (as a direct allusion to the real Tyuratam, better known as Baikonur). But I think that there is a problem with the authorship of the mod, and without the consent of its Creator, it is not so easy to take and integrate somewhere.

I tested this on top of KSC Harbour and it works fine! I would imagine those  two mods would conflict somehow. 

Hmmm.... @Eskandare is there a way to include the old extra landing strips from "kerbin side complete"? You know, Lake Dermal and the like? 

I tried the old kerbin side alongside 'remastered', and though the other fields appear to work fine, KSC becomes a mess as both assets are loaded on top of eachother. Maybe there could be a way that kerbin side remastered detects that the older kerbinside is also installed, and voids only the KSC parts of the old kerbinside?

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

Maybe there could be a way that kerbin side remastered detects that the older kerbinside is also installed, and voids only the KSC parts of the old kerbinside?

I'd like you to have that function, too. And also if you could adapt the bases from Kerbin-side Continued to Kerbinside Remastered. I think a lot of people think the same thing.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:44 PM, MonkeyCan'tDock said:

Can we add the old Kosmodrome mod to Kerbinside? I love the assets with the giant pit in the ground.

There is talk of me taking over cosmodrome and making it more stock alike.

I'm running a Linux Mint Tricia system.

KSP v1.7.3.2594

KK v1.7.3.4

KerbinSideRemastered v1.0.1_1.7.3

I get a Base Boss and a KK section in Settings, but no artefacts on Kerbin.  KSC is no different, for example.

Here's the KSP log showing plenty of chatter from KerbinSideRemastered...  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bc9FiGwsaUPMJJSw6S4uq6N9a64gzF3r

Let me know what else I can provide...  Always appreciative of any pointers; thanks in advance!

Edited by Hotel26

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Eskandare, I was trying to use your beautiful runways in my new Airports for RSS project. I have an issue  where the stripes on the runways come apart from the runway and float or fall beneath the runway itself. These have colliders and will cause a crash if you hit them or fall in the holes.

https://github.com/Eskandare/KerbinSideRemastered/issues/1

Edited by Nightside

Hi, @Eskandare and community. I see there are several facilities which can hold hired staff. Could anybody, please, explain, how to hire personnel and assign it to facilities? I tried anything I could imagine - but no luck: No unassigned staff available.

Any advises?

Thank you in advance. Best regards.

Update: sorted it out.

Edited by ns88ns
state changed

8 hours ago, ns88ns said:

Could anybody, please, explain, how to hire personnel and assign it to facilities? I tried anything I could imagine - but no luck: No unassigned staff available.

Any advises?

These were preparations for future improvements to the KK functionality. They appeared a long time ago, probably in the Kerbin Side by @AlphaAsh , but were never implemented.

The advice - or forget or ignite with this idea both @Ger_space (current KK developer) and one of the static content developers. The second is much more complicated.

1 hour ago, Aerospacer said:

These were preparations for future improvements to the KK functionality. They appeared a long time ago, probably in the Kerbin Side by @AlphaAsh , but were never implemented.

The advice - or forget or ignite with this idea both @Ger_space (current KK developer) and one of the static content developers. The second is much more complicated.

Or reverse the mod or contact mod's autror or (thing 1 here) or (thing 2 here) or ... (tons of other things here)...

It is implemented already but isn't documented. Nowadays nobody likes write documentation. It is much easier to "allow users to find all things in-game. It is much more interesting". I dug deep and found only one post related to this functionality which gave me a hint.. Anyway. To assign personnel to any office/production/recearch facility - first you need hire them. For this you need a building with facility type "barracks". Barracks hire staff and then other office/production/research facilities get unassigned staff from barracks. Just one thing - this mod comes with no barracks pre-configured and you need add one by your own. Then it works. Open any barrack facility with inflight base manager and hire personnel. Then it can be assigned to any other O/P/R facilities.

On 4/25/2020 at 3:38 AM, Aerospacer said:

On 4/25/2020 at 5:08 AM, ns88ns said:

Or reverse the mod or contact mod's autror or (thing 1 here) or (thing 2 here) or ... (tons of other things here)...

It is implemented already but isn't documented. Nowadays nobody likes write documentation. It is much easier to "allow users to find all things in-game. It is much more interesting". I dug deep and found only one post related to this functionality which gave me a hint.. Anyway. To assign personnel to any office/production/recearch facility - first you need hire them. For this you need a building with facility type "barracks". Barracks hire staff and then other office/production/research facilities get unassigned staff from barracks. Just one thing - this mod comes with no barracks pre-configured and you need add one by your own. Then it works. Open any barrack facility with inflight base manager and hire personnel. Then it can be assigned to any other O/P/R facilities.

A lot of the KK functionality is being revised by @Ger_space. The current facility syste requires there to be barracks to put kerbals into the facility. Currently @Ger_space is busy with real life stuff, but he's the owner an main dev of KK. Please note: KK is under an All Rights Reserved license and cannot be redistributed.

On 4/24/2020 at 11:22 AM, Nightside said:

Hey @Eskandare, I was trying to use your beautiful runways in my new Airports for RSS project. I have an issue  where the stripes on the runways come apart from the runway and float or fall beneath the runway itself. These have colliders and will cause a crash if you hit them or fall in the holes.

https://github.com/Eskandare/KerbinSideRemastered/issues/1

I thought I solved this issue. This is caused by the meshes in the model not sharing the same origin point. Just to note, KSR doesn't support RSS and could be an issue with the origin not aligning.. 

34 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

I thought I solved this issue. This is caused by the meshes in the model not sharing the same origin point. Just to note, KSR doesn't support RSS and could be an issue with the origin not aligning.. 

Thanks for your response. I checked In my normal 1.8.1 install, and it looks like the issue is also there, but gaps are minuscule, and would not cause issue for vessels. So it seems likely that Kopernicus or RSS (or maybe some KK effect related to planet radius?) is the culprit.

On an individual basis, the gaps can be closed by some careful scooting of the static, however in my current airports project  I’m generating hundreds of sites from a spreadsheet, and I have no interest in actually visiting each runway to check.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your awesome work!

On 4/26/2020 at 2:57 PM, Nightside said:

Thanks for your response. I checked In my normal 1.8.1 install, and it looks like the issue is also there, but gaps are minuscule, and would not cause issue for vessels. So it seems likely that Kopernicus or RSS (or maybe some KK effect related to planet radius?) is the culprit.

On an individual basis, the gaps can be closed by some careful scooting of the static, however in my current airports project  I’m generating hundreds of sites from a spreadsheet, and I have no interest in actually visiting each runway to check.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your awesome work!

Which runway is doing that, and are you using the latest release?

5 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Which runway is doing that, and are you using the latest release?

Ummm....

Looks like I'm not, but I just downloaded recently???

Aha, it looks like the Github button in the OP goes directly to the 0.90 release instead of https://github.com/Eskandare/KerbinSideRemastered/releases

Thank you so much for your help, I haven't tried the new release, but it sounds like the problems should be resolved. I'm excited to play with the new statics!

18 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Ummm....

Looks like I'm not, but I just downloaded recently???

Aha, it looks like the Github button in the OP goes directly to the 0.90 release instead of https://github.com/Eskandare/KerbinSideRemastered/releases

Thank you so much for your help, I haven't tried the new release, but it sounds like the problems should be resolved. I'm excited to play with the new statics!

I haven't updated the github release, I apologize. Use the SpaceDock release. I'll update github in a moment.

2 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

I haven't updated the github release, I apologize. Use the SpaceDock release. I'll update github in a moment.

I think the github is up to date (1.0.1, right?), just the link in the OP only takes you to an old release, instead of showing All releases with the most recent at the top. 

South Lake looks even more awesome in 1.9 but....
4WmLBl2.png

Caution! Terrain! Caution! Terrain!

Actually there is enough clearance to land a plane under this unexpected terrain but if you crash into it... you crash.
cbQUxja.png
(Terrain detail settings: high, v1.9.1)
y6IbBUN.png

On 5/3/2020 at 8:50 AM, Manul said:

South Lake looks even more awesome in 1.9 but....
4WmLBl2.png

Caution! Terrain! Caution! Terrain!

Actually there is enough clearance to land a plane under this unexpected terrain but if you crash into it... you crash.
cbQUxja.png
(Terrain detail settings: high, v1.9.1)
y6IbBUN.png

To my current knowledge KK hasn't been updated to 1.9.x yet, this is probably a PQS issue. If @Ger_space is available to chime in.

Edited by Eskandare