Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

When I add this mod to KSC Extended, my FPS lowers by 10: from 64 FPS to 54 FPS. I've tested this multiple times and this mod is really somewhat resource-heavy. Is there a way to fix it?

Based on my tests, KSC Extended "eats" less than 5 FPS (EDIT: 13% of the total framerate) without Kerbin Side, which eats additional 10 (EDIT: also 13% FPS).

I probably should have asked about this in the KSC Extended thread.

Edited by Krzeszny
semantics, percentage

7 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

When I add this mod to KSC Extended, my FPS lowers by 10: from 64 FPS to 54 FPS. I've tested this multiple times and this mod is really resource-heavy. Is there a way to fix it?

Based on my tests, KSC Extended "eats" less than 5 FPS without Kerbin Side, which eats additional 10.

I probably should have asked about this in the KSC Extended thread.

Are you using an old version of KSR? The only things that ate up resourced were some of my old anomalies recycled from my "TopSecret" mod, they had colliders that ate up a lot of resources. I used simple geometry and low impact colliders. I even remade a lot of the anomalies to prevent GPU drag.  

Edited by Eskandare

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Are you using an old version of KSR? The only things that ate up resourced were some of my old anomalies recycled from my "TopSecret" mod, they had colliders that ate up a lot of resources. I used simple geometry and low impact colliders. I even remade a lot of the anomalies to prevent GPU drag.  

I use the CKAN version.

7 hours ago, Krzeszny said:

I use the CKAN version.

Hmmm okay I believe that should be CKAN'ing from the SpaceDock repository, so you should be good. The only thought I have with the FPS drop in accordance with KSR is animations. KSR has a few constant animations like radar rotations.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:59 PM, alberro+ said:

Is this compatible with JNSQ?

I have tried this with JNSQ and everything gets spaced out. I, too would like to see a config that fixes that, but it's the modder's decision. As it stands, I can't use it, as I only play with JNSQ.

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2020 at 8:22 AM, DJ Reonic said:

I have tried this with JNSQ and everything gets spaced out. I, too would like to see a config that fixes that, but it's the modder's decision. As it stands, I can't use it, as I only play with JNSQ.

Things are spaced out because JNSQ's Kerbin is *not* the same place. :)  I made the same mistake -- some KSR bases are freaking awesome, though -- so a "patch" to put them in better places would be great, but it's not proper out of the box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 1:01 AM, Sokol_323 said:

Can we add the old Kosmodrome mod to Kerbinside? I love the assets with the giant pit in the ground.

I moved the Kosmodrome to Woomerang to play a Soviet/Tantares career. To solve the problem with craft exploding I learned just enough Blender to create a launchpad plug so that the rockets (or Modular Launch Pads) sit on top of the pad instead of down inside.

49999322077_88d087a51d_w_d.jpg49997704663_a0ee4c3914_w_d.jpg

A stockalike flame pit would be great, though.

Edited by CaptKordite

20 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I moved the Kosmodrome to Woomerang to play a Soviet/Tantares career. To solve the problem with craft exploding I learned just enough Blender to create a launchpad plug so that the rockets (or Modular Launch Pads) sit on top of the pad instead of down inside.

I read your blog The-sky-calls. This prompted me to move the Kosmodrome to the KSC 2 site. I launch quite a lot of missions from there. And in the game KSC 2 is often associated with the real Baikonur, and even bears the name Baikerbanur in some mods. And this mod, Kosmodrome, is the best fit for the launch pad there. My screenshots. And thank you for the idea and hint of the implementation.

6qwn.png

6qwq.png

6qwu.png

Edited by Sokol_323

• 1 month later...

Any tips for getting this to play nicely with a 3.2x rescale? SigmaDimensions is supposed to have a system that will keep individual KK groups from getting all spread out but I think you have to manually set up the SD groups via configs, there is an OLD mod that Sigma wrote called KKtoSD that is supposed to automatically make SD groups from the KK groups but it doesn't seem to be working in my install.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 1:59 AM, Akira_R said:

Any tips for getting this to play nicely with a 3.2x rescale? SigmaDimensions is supposed to have a system that will keep individual KK groups from getting all spread out but I think you have to manually set up the SD groups via configs, there is an OLD mod that Sigma wrote called KKtoSD that is supposed to automatically make SD groups from the KK groups but it doesn't seem to be working in my install.

KKtoSD is not needed anymore. KK now automatically keeps all buildings tied together when rescaling.

the only thing you need is to use the feature built into SD to tweak how the group are positioned in the final result

there's a description of how to use the feature into the README file of SD, just search for PQSCity_Groups

Hey there,

I have recently done some testing of this mod (v1.0.1) together with Kerbal Konstructs v1.8.1.15 and Kerbal Construction Time (v1.4.8) (all installed via CKAN) in KSP 1.8.1 and I have noticed a few things I find weird and I would like to ask about them. I am quite new to all of the three aforementioned mods and I'd like to apologize in case I am missing some obvious things. Also I imagine that some of the things I am asking about actually might not have anything to do with KSR but with KK or KCT instead, in which case I am sorry for posting them here. Anyway, I am very glad about any kind of help or hints that you can give me. :)

1) I have experienced the same issue as @Manul, even although I am still on KSP 1.8.1:

On 5/8/2020 at 10:33 PM, Eskandare said:
On 5/3/2020 at 5:50 PM, Manul said:

South Lake looks even more awesome in 1.9 but....
4WmLBl2.png

Caution! Terrain! Caution! Terrain!

Actually there is enough clearance to land a plane under this unexpected terrain but if you crash into it... you crash.
cbQUxja.png
(Terrain detail settings: high, v1.9.1)
y6IbBUN.png

To my current knowledge KK hasn't been updated to 1.9.x yet, this is probably a PQS issue. If @Ger_space is available to chime in.

2) Also, I have noticed that, in the UIs provided by KK, the South Lake launch side belongs to the category "Other". I assume, it should be declared as a runway instead?

3) I am seeing a texture on the Kojave Sands base that looks a little strange to me:

1QyEhQc.png

I have first thought that it is intended to be like that, but then I have seen the image linked in the first post of this thread, where the texture looks different. So I'd like to ask: Is the texture that I am seeing the one I am supposed to be seeing, and if not, do you know how I can fix it?

4) In the vicinity of several bases I am seeing some ugly terrain spikes:

l452AGX.png

yMQfrbD.png

CM4Ujdq.png

I am assuming this happens where the terrain, that has been modified using KK tools, transitions to the original terrain. However, I haven't found anyone who pointed out this issue, neither here nor in the KK thread. Therefore, I wanted to ask about it to be sure that I am not the only one having these spikes and that it is just something one has to accept. Or did perhaps something go wrong with my installation?

5) Finally, I have encountered something that completely confuses me, because I am unable to see any logic in it: As far as I understand, some of the KSR bases, e.g. Kerman Atoll and Baikerbanour, are hidden at the start of a new game and have to be discovered first. In a newly started Career game, I cannot see (and access) these bases from the tracking station and they also don't appear in the list of launch pads that pops up when pressing the KK button in the VAB. In contrast, some other bases, e.g. Cape Kerman and Kojave Sands, are accessible from the beginning on via both facilities.

Instead, in Sandbox mode, things are a little unclear, because the hidden pads do not appear in the VAB but DO show up in the Tracking Station and can be opened from there without sending a vessel to them first. After doing so, they also show up in the VAB.

When I did some testing in Career mode a few days ago, KCT however allowed me to launch vessels from all KSR launch pads, whether visible/discovered or not (and actually also whether opened or not via the KK base manager). (I assume, this is either a KK issue or a KCT issue, but it confuses me a lot, because in Sandbox mode everything works exactly as expected: KCT allows a launch pad to be used only when it is discovered and opened.) After launching a vessel from one of the hidden pads, they became visible both in the VAB and the Tracking Station, which is exactly what I expected: I suppose, by having a vessel nearby, I have discovered them. However, when I loaded up my savegame today, they were now hidden again! (Moreover, KCT did no longer allow me to launch from them. However, I could still launch from the non-hidden bases Cape Kerman and Kojave Sands, even although I haven't opened them...)

So, since I seem to lack the understanding of how hidden bases and discovering (and opening) of bases really works, I would be super glad if someone could explain these things to me. And are the things I have experienced intended to work this way or are there some bugs I have encountered here?

Okay, I believe this post is more than long enough for now :D... I'd be very happy about any hint you can give me on any of my issues and thank you in advance for any help. :)

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2020 at 10:35 AM, Kerbolox said:

1) I have experienced the same issue as @Manul, even although I am still on KSP 1.8.1:

I had this issue with the South Island and South Lake sites in KSP 1.10.1 With Terrain Detail set to high. When I set the Terrain Detail to default the issue goes away and the runway is no longer obstructed.

7KCYvYC.png

I use the Kramax Autopilot Continued (KramaxAutopilotContinued 0.4.0) mod a lot and while  I'm new to Kerbin Side Remastered, the two are kind of meant for each other.

I've completed flight plans for all of the airports and made them available for download.  Your can find  them in this forum post;

55 minutes ago, laythelover17 said:

I would like to ask, is this mod up to date with KSP version 1.10.1?

I'm using it with version 1.10.1 and it functions well, however it is listed as compatible with 1.9 (and Kerbal-Konstructs on which it relies is good for 1.8.1)

[ Unless you mean the mod I'm writing.... in that case it is written for Contract Configurator 1.30.5 Which is compatible with any version of KSP ]

Edited by Caerfinon
possible second answer to question