Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

On 4/28/2021 at 1:00 PM, CadMAUS kerHAUS said:

ello i have question, i have downloaded this mod in ksp 1.11 and the main KSC hasnt really change theres just a weird triangle to the left of the runway i dont know if this does not work in this version since it is 1.9.0  i assumed it is or if the main KSC isnt supposed to change or if im doing something wrong or possible its Kerbol constructs in the wrong version but ill ask here first

Kerbin Side Remastered works fine in ksp 1.11. It does not change the original KSC very much except to add some hangers and taxiways on the side of the runway, But it does add another 22 sites made up of airports and launch sites.

The Kerbal Konstruct mod that does change KSC extensively is called KSC Extended. 

Both mods can work together side by side, but it is important to have the most current versions and of each mod, Kerbal Konstructs and all dependencies.  CKAN is a good way to install everything you need.

Edited by Caerfinon

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DaBakonAder said:

How can i cheat myself all the launchsites

2 Ways:

1. You can go into the difficulty settings and under Kerbal Constructs you can set all bases to be open by default
  2. You can click on KK icon in VAB or SPH and just open them for $0 as there is no cash in a sandbox game
Edited by Caerfinon

3 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

2 Ways:

1. You can go into the difficulty settings and under Kerbal Constructs you can set all bases to be open by default
  2. You can click on KK icon in VAB or SPH and just open them for $0 as there is no cash in a sandbox game

Does this reveal the hidden ones?

I remember you have to be right on top of Kermundson for it to turn up.

1 minute ago, ColdJ said:

Does this reveal the hidden ones?

yes, but most of those are marked as "other" launch sites so you need to enable that filter in map and tracking station. (or edit them to be runways like i did)

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, tupidfp said:

Is this mod still being developed?

The author has been busy of late.
I've been developing some additions through add on mods, but the original bases are for the most part the same - My mods are Kerbin Side Remastered GAP and Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras.

The mods KSC Extended and Kerbin Expansion Pack are complimentary and can be added as additional bases

2 hours ago, tupidfp said:

Is this mod still being developed?

2 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

I've been developing some additions through add on mods, but the original bases are for the most part the same - My mods are Kerbin Side Remastered GAP and Kerbin Side Remastered Gap Extras.

The mods KSC Extended and Kerbin Expansion Pack are complimentary and can be added as additional bases

If you get every mod that uses Kerbal Konstructs as a dependency you get every static mesh that they use to add to your tool box for making your own areas. Don't forget Kerbinside AirRace for some bridges and stunt inflatable cones, arrows etc.

On 5/24/2021 at 12:29 PM, Caerfinon said:

I see... Well, i was looking for some more taxiway pieces for a project i'm making, current ones are not very flexible. I suppose i'll wait.

1 hour ago, tupidfp said:

I see... Well, i was looking for some more taxiway pieces for a project i'm making, current ones are not very flexible. I suppose i'll wait.

Have you actually collected all the mods that use Kerbal Konstructs? Different Runways, TAXIWAYS, Roads etc are all out there waiting to be used.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:04 PM, ColdJ said:

Have you actually collected all the mods that use Kerbal Konstructs? Different Runways, TAXIWAYS, Roads etc are all out there waiting to be used.

Nope, couldnt find then, can you point me in the right direction?

@tupidfp @ColdJ Lets not forget some very old classics.

• CountryDoggo's SciFi Statics - Spacedock only - extra stuff for encampments (just parts)
  • CountryDoggo's Random KK Bits - CKAN/Spacedock - some very cool pieces (just parts)
  • Kerbin-Side Kampus cont. -  CKAN/Spacedock - city building, roads, lighthouses (has statics around KSC you can keep or delete)
  • FASTCORP Roads and Bridges - CKAN only - lots of roads and bridges pieces (has 4 custom statics that you can keep or delete)
  • KSC Harbor - CKAN/Spacedock - A port for to the north of KSC. Water launches and roads  
  • Water Launch Sites (Kerbal-Konstructs) - CKAN only - another dock to the east of KSC with a submerged launch point for subs

Speaking of that, which one adds a north/south runway from this on the first page?

qsroR57.png

I end up going towards the KSC north/south way too often on my non space flights and it'd be real useful :v

Doesn't have to be this exact one, just more runways would be nice.

10 minutes ago, Crimor said:

Doesn't have to be this exact one, just more runways would be nice

I haven't run across one that does this (but then again I add my own statics for the KSC rather than mods that do it.

You could add a runway yourself that does this. launch a single probe core on the launch pad, Press CTL-K and you can edit your own runways. 

If you need help getting started there is a link in my signature to a KK tutorial for beginners

The space around KSC is perfect for trying out your own building in KK as the ground is so perfectly flat you don't require changing the terrain at all.

Edited by Caerfinon

Unfortunately, none of the mentioned packs has what i want... Do you know this long parallel taxiway that comes with KSR? What i want is it in a single piece, without the entry/exit mini-taxiways, also those as separate pieces so i can have more than 3 entries, or closely placed runways with a single, non overlapping parallel taxiway between then... Things like that. I suppose those could come with KSR given time, if Eskandare keeps developing (even at their own pace), so i guess i'll wait a bit more.

If you guys know a workaround to what i intend to do using other packs, please let me know

30 minutes ago, tupidfp said:

If you guys know a workaround to what i intend to do using other packs, please let me know

Have you tried using the Paved Road pieces? 

On the left are the taxiway pieces. On the right are the road pieces. therey are of variable length with cross roads and t-junctions yyou can place as required and curves for ends

You could construct a custom taxiway using these

2so79q7.png

2 hours ago, tupidfp said:

2 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

You could construct a custom taxiway using these

Exactly as Caerfinon said. With all the pieces available you can make up your own custom. Don't forget you can change the size of Statics when you lay them down. a narrow road can become a wide one by changing scale.

@Crimor I believe it is is the exact mod we are discussing in this thread that has runways that have runway numbers that change based on the orientation you put them down, so you will get runways numbered for the direction they are pointing.

On 5/27/2021 at 4:44 PM, Caerfinon said:

makes flight planning soooooo much easier with navigation tools.

hey Caefinon  i know your good with kerbal konstructs i just dont know were to put this mod in gamedata 

1 hour ago, Jamma368 said:

i just dont know were to put this mod in gamedata 

All mods should go into GameData so it should look like the following; ( Note: Custom Pre Launch Checks  is a dependency for Kerbal Konstructs)

• GameData
    • CustomPreLaunchChecks
    • KerbalKonstructs
    • KerbinSideRemastered

You can install the mods individually, but it is generally better to use the CKAN application to install your mods as it automatically downloads dependencies and advises you when mod updated are available.

13 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

All mods should go into GameData so it should look like the following; ( Note: Custom Pre Launch Checks  is a dependency for Kerbal Konstructs)

• GameData
    • CustomPreLaunchChecks
    • KerbalKonstructs
    • KerbinSideRemastered

You can install the mods individually, but it is generally better to use the CKAN application to install your mods as it automatically downloads dependencies and advises you when mod updated are available.

Thanks man