Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

33 minutes ago, The Brazilian Luigi said:

But I wonder if there is a mod that enables spawning at the other custom places

You can launch from any KK launch site that is "Open". You can open bases from the base manager in the VAB/SPH by pressing the KK icon.  You can also open the base when you are present at it. Base opening costs money, or alternatively you can use the difficulty settings to open all KK bases without cost. I t depends on your play style.

If your career game is not set up to use alternate launch sites you can also set a KK launch site active from the base manager in the SPH/VAB .

If you press the KK icon in mapview or the Tracking station you can set which base types you would like see displayed. A menu similar to the select ship types one will appear. You can hide this menu by pressing the KK icon again.

If you would just like to spawn vessels at a location where you already have a ship, the Vessel Mover mod has this functionality.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, Eskandare said:

Here is a preview of what will be added to the next version of Kerbin Side Remastered.

I present the Ocean Odyssey Launch Platform. This model was originally in the Oceania addon for the original Kerbin Side mod.

J3OfBXp.png

aKEASe3.png

VwXKXE9.png

This is what you have planned for the 1.12.2 compatibility update?

These are so beautiful....

Thank you so much for your work on this mod, all this stuff brings me vast amounts of joy and entertainment playing my favourite game!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 4:35 PM, Caerfinon said:

The Kerbal Konstructs statics that make up this mod already work im KSP 1.12.
The underlying Kerbal Konstruct mod is being worked on and currently it's editor function does not work in ksp1.12, however all of the other in-game facilities and functions do.

Work on a 1.12 version of the KK plugin is in the works, to my knowledge. Also additional art and reworked art will be added to Kerbin Side Remastered

On 9/18/2021 at 4:38 AM, The Brazilian Luigi said:

Will check that out later. But I wonder if there is a mod that enables spawning at the other custom places

At the other custom places? Um... this does...  I'm thing that is what you're talking about. you can either unlock them in game, or enable them in settings. 

• 2 weeks later...

After i wrote comment above, i make another copy of 1.12.2 with NOT RSS/RO installed and KK/KSR installed.

as a result, KK/KSR work properly. but i want use KK/KSR upon Earth, not Kerbin...

upon logs link contain 1.12.2 with RSS/RO and KK/KSR logs too.

i wonder this several lines in ksp.log  are reason...

[WRN 17:12:28.910] KK: [EditorGUI] Draw: No instance selected and editor is open --> Closing it
[EXC 17:14:21.897] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapDecalEditor.MapDecalEditorWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <58f888e0d56a4620958c8e58a768c70d>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Anyone can Fix it or teaching avoid it?

7 hours ago, Cindyrella said:

After i wrote comment above, i make another copy of 1.12.2 with NOT RSS/RO installed and KK/KSR installed.

as a result, KK/KSR work properly. but i want use KK/KSR upon Earth, not Kerbin...

upon logs link contain 1.12.2 with RSS/RO and KK/KSR logs too.

i wonder this several lines in ksp.log  are reason...

[WRN 17:12:28.910] KK: [EditorGUI] Draw: No instance selected and editor is open --> Closing it
[EXC 17:14:21.897] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalKonstructs.UI.MapDecalEditor.MapDecalEditorWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <7dd8cd55479d4f5fa301c344b9c37231>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <58f888e0d56a4620958c8e58a768c70d>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Anyone can Fix it or teaching avoid it?

Not sure it's going to work on Earth - a lot of the KSR locations would be underwater - you'd have to reposition all of the groups to new locations.

10 hours ago, panarchist said:

Not sure it's going to work on Earth - a lot of the KSR locations would be underwater - you'd have to reposition all of the groups to new locations.

Solve problem by these comments!

RO / RSS user must delete or reconfig KSR/statics/examplebases folder's .cfgs!

https://imgur.com/zPs3SvS

Edited by Cindyrella
add missed comment link and delete html tag

On 10/7/2021 at 8:00 PM, Cindyrella said:

Solve problem by these comments!

RO / RSS user must delete or reconfig KSR/statics/examplebases folder's .cfgs!

https://imgur.com/zPs3SvS

Yes, that's what I mean - it won't work out of the box, there's significant effort involved. If you're just using it as a statics pack, that's fine.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:26 PM, Akira_R said:

"patches for a 3.2x rescale" thought that was kinda clear lol.

But I already finished it, the KerbalKonstructs editor has improved since I last used it, "only" took me like 5 hours. Unfortunately they aren't in a MM patch form, just the altered configs KK produces, if I end up taking the time to make a proper MM patch for it I'll post it someplace in case anyone else wants to use Kerbin Side Remastered on a 3.2x rescale.

Doing God's work. Hey I'd love access to those configs/MM patch if you have it :blush:

P.S. I thought it was pretty clear too.

Edited by Iodyne

16 hours ago, Iodyne said:

Doing God's work. Hey I'd love access to those configs/MM patch if you have it :blush:

P.S. I thought it was pretty clear too.

I never got around to turning them into MM patches, ill pm you a link to the configs though mate :D

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome mod, thank you! 

I get a slight problem, when i refuel at airfield tanks i get money and negative reputation instead of just paying money. Also it seams that you can press refuel button infinitely thus making infinite amount of cash and negative reputation. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

• 2 weeks later...

When I install this mod (together with this Kerbal Konstructs version: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/204210-ksp-18-kerbal-konstructs-continued/ ) I get the following error during the loading:
Unsupported KSP version, please use 1.7.3

Any idea how to fix this @Eskandare?

Running 1.12.1 with Beyond Home

Edited by Folkhoer

10 hours ago, Folkhoer said:

When I install this mod (together with this Kerbal Konstructs version: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/204210-ksp-18-kerbal-konstructs-continued/ ) I get the following error during the loading:
Unsupported KSP version, please use 1.7.3

Any idea how to fix this @Eskandare?

If it's just "Unsupported KSP version, please use 1.7.3" without a message saying the mod was disabled, then that is a warning, not an error. It usually will still work. KSR is updated to 1.9+, so if you're seeing that message, you're probably on an older version of KK and should be using the version linked here: 

4 hours ago, panarchist said:

If it's just "Unsupported KSP version, please use 1.7.3" without a message saying the mod was disabled, then that is a warning, not an error. It usually will still work. KSR is updated to 1.9+, so if you're seeing that message, you're probably on an older version of KK and should be using the version linked here: 

I have been getting a similar message and the mod does not work. I am running KK v1.8.3.0 which is the latest version on CKAN.

14 hours ago, Folkhoer said:

Remember, it's made for stock Kerbin not for Rhode, so do not expect any statics to appear on Rhode magically recalculating their coordinates to match it's geography. Of course you can still press Ctrl+K and place any buildings from this mod on any celestial body.

25 minutes ago, Nikola said:

I have been getting a similar message and the mod does not work. I am running KK v1.8.3.0

Are you using stock solar system with stock Kerbin scale? I use KSP 1.12.2 + KK v1.8.3.0 and it works.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Around 22 or so that have visible icons in the map view.

Tons! Thank you! I'm definitely downloading this, then. I've been on a bit of a BDArmory fighter jet kick in KSP, and I wanted more places to launch from and fly to.

Edited by SOXBLOX

• 2 weeks later...

I did a fresh install of Kerbal, tried installing this together with the Kerbal Konstructs that is linked in the original post but don't see the new buildings.
Now I see their are multiple Kerbal Konstructs atm, am I using the wrong one? I just want my KSC to look bigger :p.
Edit: I forgot to install click trough blocker, my bad :p

Edited by Folkhoer

• 5 months later...