Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

On 1/24/2021 at 1:34 AM, Caerfinon said:

Hazard Shallows Naval Air Station

Hopefully, I have the right topic for this...

Is it my imagination or is the runway missing from this airport?

(If anyone has a suggestion for which kind of runway was here originally, I can add it back myself.)

14 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

is the runway missing from this airport

I landed there just recently. 

In GameData\KerbinSideRemastered\Statics\ExampleBases\HazardShallows there should be a file called KK_1700m_runway-instances.cfg and it should look like this

// Generated by Kerbal Konstructs

STATIC
{
	pointername = KK_1700m_runway
	Instances
	{
		UUID = 15637e7c-911c-450c-9dbf-9692d48b2cce
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RelativePosition = -556.147095,309.984985,1423.61499
		Orientation = 0,344.999908,0
		isScanable = False
		ModelScale = 1
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = HazardShallows
		GrasColor = 1.05275154,1.02485251,0.760320544,1
		GrasTexture = BUILTIN:/SandyGround
		LaunchSite
		{
			FacilityType = KKLaunchSite
			OpenCost = 500000
			CloseValue = 5000
			FacilityName = 
			LaunchPadTransform = runway_spawn
			LaunchSiteName = Hazard Shallows
			LaunchSiteAuthor = Eskandare
			LaunchSiteType = SPH
			LaunchSiteDescription = Hazard Shallows is a small naval air station in the far East... or is it West? Err... It's locaed South of the Great Kerbin Crater.
			LaunchSiteLength = 65
			LaunchSiteWidth = 72
			LaunchSiteHeight = 72
			MaxCraftMass = 80
			MaxCraftParts = 0
			InitialCameraRotation = 90
			ILSIsActive = False
			ToggleLaunchPositioning = False
			OpenCloseState = Closed
			LaunchSiteIsHidden = False
			Category = Runway
		}
	}
}

OK, I see I have never had runways for NyeIsland, Polar_Alpha, HazardShallows, Harvester or SandyIsland.

tl;dr

Spoiler

Pasting your code does not repair things.

I have however been able to place my own 1700m runways.

I am probably going to have to snapshot KerbinSideRemastered and then re-install it.  Then re-apply my custom edits, but this time, write a script to automate that process.

(The C-k list of instances does not show the runway at all, so it somehow did not get connected into the data structures.)

I may also first insert a 1700m runway here and then hand-edit it with any specifics from your .cfg above.  If that works, I can always install the latest KSR elsewhere and then pull the details...

By the way, I desperately wish for a 600m (1830') paved runway...

Thanks for the help!

EDIT:  I wonder if this is because there is of some kind of renaming of KK_1700m_runway to KK_1700m_C_runway, or vice versa?

Yes, renaming the 'pointername' from 'KK_1700m_runway' to 'KK_1700m_C_runway' fixes it.  I may have gotten unlucky in the far past with the timing of the KSR download...?  Problem Solved.

Edited by Hotel26

2 hours ago, Future Astronaut said:

Can you release an update that removes the Parallax 2 scatter in those areas?

There was a discussion about this in this forum in relation to the same issue in a mod I'm making. It's not such a simple task.

For some reason the KK remove scatter option is not working with Parallax but it does with stock scatter. The parallax method to remove the larger scatter (trees etc) can be accomplished by making a custom block map of every KK site on Kerbin. There are many of these and they are provided by many different mod makers so getting one that would do all the KK sites would be a bit of a coordination effort. Even with the block map created, it doesn't remove the low level scatter from Parallax (grass, flowers, etc). To do that the only current solution is to elevate every KK site by 2-3 meters so that they are higher than the low level scatter. And because the runway elevations have changed, all the patches for runway navigation will have to be re-written to compensate. 

It short. It's a big, time consuming, Job.   

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Eskandare said:

new statics require rework and testing

Will you be changing to location and orientation of runways? If so I'd welcome an advance peak a couple of days before release to rework flightplan/waypoint information for the KSRGAP contracts.    

3 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Will you be changing to location and orientation of runways? If so I'd welcome an advance peak a couple of days before release to rework flightplan/waypoint information for the KSRGAP contracts.    

Oh no, I'm keeping the runways as they are, if anything there will be a couple more runways added.

23 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

whats different between this and this?

This is the basis and a requirement for @Caerfinons contract pack. The life Aquatic uses statics from this and other mods to create the environment the contracts are set in.

50 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

whats different between this and this?

24 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

The life Aquatic uses statics from this and other mods to create the environment the contracts are set in.

Kerbin Side Remastered is the world environment. The Life Aquatic is my attempt to provide players with things to do in that world's oceans.  My other mods of that do the same for airplanes are listed in my signature. 

Fly safe.  

21 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Kerbin Side Remastered is the world environment. The Life Aquatic is my attempt to provide players with things to do in that world's oceans.  My other mods of that do the same for airplanes are listed in my signature. 

Fly safe.  

i see good job, i cant read lol. i will give it a look since under water exploration would be very cool

On 10/23/2022 at 1:00 AM, The Dressian Exploder said:

Will this work with a 2.5x Rescale?

You may encounter issues with statics being above or below the terrain. I play with a 2.667x rescale (JNSQ is that scale), and I've had to adjust the altitude and/or location of statics at almost every base. Plus a couple like Uberdam needed extensive work to look right.

The good thing is it'll give you plenty of experience working with KK.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 6:22 AM, Eskandare said:

Here is a preview of what will be added to the next version of Kerbin Side Remastered.

I present the Ocean Odyssey Launch Platform. This model was originally in the Oceania addon for the original Kerbin Side mod.

J3OfBXp.png

aKEASe3.png

VwXKXE9.png

@EskandareHate to pester, but any updates on this? Would be great for Equatorial launches not at the KSC 

• 4 weeks later...