Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Bingo! You get it now. It's a pain in the exhaust to do any edits to the PQS, you'd really need to make the hard mesh become a part of the cache and some how marry the two together upon generation. (when I mean hard model, I mean it is predetermined by the modeler and isn't being generated by code.)

Kerbal Konstructs! should enlighten us about how to do it. Or at least, pinpoint us to the right direction.

The real problem is not exactly the meshing (boolean operations on meshes are commodities by now - tricky to use, but a shelf tool nevertheless), but the data structures and how to cope with a potentially long chain of parts crossing the quad-trees, and meshing them all accordingly. And still have performance enough to avoid putting the user's machines on its knees.

Can anyone suggest what may be causing the visible white boxes around all the palm trees? I have tried adding/removing different combinations of mods but these remain and I can't find any similar reference to this visual issue anywhere else.

2019-04-28-07-06-00-Kerbal-Space-Program

KSP 1.6.1

Lots of mods but I guess the key ones (apart from KK and KerbinSide Remastered)

• EVE
  • Scatterer
  • Kopernicus
  • Texture Replacer
  • Spectra
  • PlanetShine
  • etc

Edited by Coyote21
Extra Info

22 hours ago, Coyote21 said:

Can anyone suggest what may be causing the visible white boxes around all the palm trees? I have tried adding/removing different combinations of mods but these remain and I can't find any similar reference to this visual issue anywhere else.

KSP 1.6.1

Lots of mods but I guess the key ones (apart from KK and KerbinSide Remastered)

• EVE
  • Scatterer
  • Kopernicus
  • Texture Replacer
  • Spectra
  • PlanetShine
  • etc

they are a problem from scatterer with transparent scenery objects.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently without computer or internet beside mobile during move, but here is a brief update.

Additions being done before release: (resuming after move)

-Remodeling the observatory 

-Remodeling radio telescopes

-Adding an AN/FPS-24 radar tower.

-Adding a static based on the Onizuka Air Force base (Blue Cube) That was once in Sunnyvale California.

That should be it for Ver 1.0. 

I figured I may as well finish 1.0 KSR, I hope to have it done by mid June. 

Edited by Eskandare

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, Nightside said:

Read the author’s post just above yours.

Im excited to see the radar towers.

I'll post pics once I have them in game.

6 hours ago, nwillard said:

Thanks for your work :)

Thank you for enjoying the mod. I enjoy being a part of the community and supporting my favorite game.

Edited by Eskandare

• 1 month later...

Oh by the way...

New release.

Caveat: Both new dishes and new observatory are being worked on so the old ones are still in this version, but will be releasing in the next update.

Edited by Eskandare

8 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Oh by the way...

New release.

Caveat: Both new dishes and new observatory are being worked on so the old ones are still in this version, but will be releasing in the next update.

So wait this is for 1.7.3 KSP? If it is Consideer a download.

Space_Coyote

17 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

100% correct :)

Well I found the first little bug at Harvester Airport

(Of course I am using alongside Kerbbinside Remasters,, the KSC extended mod, but this isn't at KSC itself but rather Harvester Airport)

It seems that the main Runway you start on at Harvester is slightly buried in the ground (at least half of the main runway is in the gorund but still it's not a bad airport to fly out of, provided yu can get over the mountains..)

Anyway Just a heads up.. I'lls tart testing the other airports 

Also KSC Exteneded and KSRM (Kerbinside ReMastered) work very nicely together. no overlaps or what ever..

but like I said just wanted to give a bit of a heads up..

Also some of the launch sites/airports are showing up as the infamous Black squares..) Will investigate this further.

Space_Coyote

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I'm sure, with the caveat that the proper version of KK is installed ;)

@Ger_space just did a recompile of KK against 1.7.3, so all should be well.

2 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

Well I found the first little bug at Harvester Airport

(Of course I am using alongside Kerbbinside Remasters,, the KSC extended mod, but this isn't at KSC itself but rather Harvester Airport)

It seems that the main Runway you start on at Harvester is slightly buried in the ground (at least half of the main runway is in the gorund but still it's not a bad airport to fly out of, provided yu can get over the mountains..)

Anyway Just a heads up.. I'lls tart testing the other airports 

Also KSC Exteneded and KSRM (Kerbinside ReMastered) work very nicely together. no overlaps or what ever..

but like I said just wanted to give a bit of a heads up..

Also some of the launch sites/airports are showing up as the infamous Black squares..) Will investigate this further.

Space_Coyote

I'll look into this. Make sure you install KSR fresh, not over writing the old one. I'll check out the black squares issue too.