Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

3 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Eskandare What happened to the 4800x72m runway shown here?

Next release, which won't be nearly as long apart as this one was. Also more taxi roads, another airfield, long range radar tower, dorms, research facility,, new dishes, and new observatory. Vandenberg SLC-6 launch pad will be some time after as i need to redesign a few things.

Edited by Eskandare

7 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Here is a little album of me making the small hangars similar to the ones in the R&D at KSC. These will be used on some of the up coming statics.

Making KSP Structures

So that hangar will have a functioning door just like the airship hangar? That's cool!

EDIT: Will you add in roll-away-for-launch VAB-Launchpads like the one in SLC-6, 37 and Kagoshima?

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

On 7/26/2019 at 6:51 AM, FahmiRBLXian said:

So that hangar will have a functioning door just like the airship hangar? That's cool!

EDIT: Will you add in roll-away-for-launch VAB-Launchpads like the one in SLC-6, 37 and Kagoshima?

No... It's completely static. I debated making it open up or have an open variant. I don't have any VAB or Launchpad plans other then SLC-6 which will have roll-away animation.

Edited by Eskandare

I was playing around with placing static radio towers, etc. on nearby islands, and realized that:

a) it would be great to *not* have the snap-together baseplate for putting a radio mast on top of a hill

and b) could we use a placeable static to put a warning/hazard light on top of tall things like radio masts/dish antennas, etc? I'd love to be traveling at dusk/night and see those little warning bits.

Do such lights exist already and I've missed them? Some parts have glowy bits (like runways lights), so it's certainly related.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, Eskandare said:

... which will have roll-away animation.

I would love if players spawn inside the launchpad-VAB in its closed configuration and then hit a kind of switch to open / close it just like the airship hangar.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

Getting a LOT of errors on startup for KSR. Out of 1356 lines in my KSP.log referencing KSR, 511 of them are errors. I'm also running the Airports expansion, but all of those 511 exclude the Airports sub directory references. (also it doesn't change when I remove the Airports pack) Of those 511, 507 of them appear to be missing textures and the other 4 are "LoadModelInstances: No Model named SQUAD_Desert_Airfield*" missing models.

Running KSP1.7.3 with all the latest mod updates for all my mods. (and I know there are many, but the issue is persistent even in a clean install)

So my question is, are any of these going to be a problem? I can assume that the missing textures might cause graphical errors, but missing models would result in buildings not even showing up, so I don't even know what's missing.

Thank you for your hard work and I hope you can answer me easily enough! :lol:

Edit: Also noticed 172 instances of "[Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!" errors, which I think might be more serious. (still re-learning how to read a Log file after several years away from the game raising kids :^Þ )

Edited by RobertaME
Additional information

On 8/8/2019 at 10:24 PM, RobertaME said:

Getting a LOT of errors on startup for KSR. Out of 1356 lines in my KSP.log referencing KSR, 511 of them are errors. I'm also running the Airports expansion, but all of those 511 exclude the Airports sub directory references. (also it doesn't change when I remove the Airports pack) Of those 511, 507 of them appear to be missing textures and the other 4 are "LoadModelInstances: No Model named SQUAD_Desert_Airfield*" missing models.

Running KSP1.7.3 with all the latest mod updates for all my mods. (and I know there are many, but the issue is persistent even in a clean install)

So my question is, are any of these going to be a problem? I can assume that the missing textures might cause graphical errors, but missing models would result in buildings not even showing up, so I don't even know what's missing.

Thank you for your hard work and I hope you can answer me easily enough! :lol:

Edit: Also noticed 172 instances of "[Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!" errors, which I think might be more serious. (still re-learning how to read a Log file after several years away from the game raising kids :^Þ )

Those errors are the textures, shaders, and colliders being replaced. It is in fact not an error but a warning that a texture, or shader cannot be found because it is not distributed in GameData folder. The components are already a part of KSP. All KK does is assigns them to the mesh. The physX error is the mesh collider being replaced by the KK collider logic. This allows the mesh collider to be used as a baked box collider instead of using many convex colliders.

Edited by Eskandare

Forgive my ignorance if it's covered elsewhere in the thread, but I noticed you can interact with the observatories and it has options to assign kerbals to them to generate science. How do you actually assign staff to them? When I click the button to assign them it says no unassigned kerbals available. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 12:16 PM, gap said:

Hi @Eskandare , is there any good reason why this mod is not on CKAN, but it is its outdated (and unsupported) version 'Kerbin Side Continued'?

I haven't put it on CKAN yet. Also it should work with KSP 1.8 as long as Kerbal Konstructs is up to date.

4 hours ago, Eskandare said:

I haven't put it on CKAN yet. Also it should work with KSP 1.8 as long as Kerbal Konstructs is up to date.

Thank you for your feedback mate, and of course for your work on KSP!

When possible, I always install my favorite mods using CKAN so that I am (almost) sure that I am using the latest versions and that I am no missing any dependency or incompatibility

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Eskandare I'm seeing the same issues as RobertME in the KSP.log... I get the explanation you gave. I use my KSP.log ALOT, to debug my installs and to tweak/fix mods that are throwing stuff in the log. I know the KK stuff can be ignored, but there *is* an awful lot of it :P

I know it would add a dependency, but would GER_Space's Advanced Textures be useful at all to kill off all these stock asset errors? vOv

14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@Eskandare I'm seeing the same issues as RobertME in the KSP.log... I get the explanation you gave. I use my KSP.log ALOT, to debug my installs and to tweak/fix mods that are throwing stuff in the log. I know the KK stuff can be ignored, but there *is* an awful lot of it :P

I know it would add a dependency, but would GER_Space's Advanced Textures be useful at all to kill off all these stock asset errors? vOv

this mod is for parts and not for statics of KK. Kerbal Konstructs has its own mechanism to load internal textures (which actually came first and then the mod for parts)

• 1 month later...

Hey @Eskandare (or any pro KK users), any notion of what it would take to get KSR's KSC Upgrades components to work on JNSQ's Kerbin?

The other bases load fine, but are just in "odd" places/depths relative to the terrain. I'm thinking of taking an afternoon visiting them all and seeing if I could come up with some possible new locations or orientations. The KSC upgrades themselves are thwarting me so far. They either just don't load at all, or are hidden under the terrain (or something).

I'm thinking I could drop a new static next to KSC, then compare it to the KSCUpgrades configs to see how they compare. Is this the right tree to bark up?

I miss those runway lights and taxiways to go along with KSC Extended (which is workin' fine...)

I'm using Kerbin Side Remastered 1.0.1 and I noticed that the icons no longer appear in map view. Before they used to be black squares, which wasn't ideal but worked, but now i can't see them at all. Is there a button to hide/show them that I accidentally pressed or is this a bug?