Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

The monolith should be inside a small triangle "park" beside the runway near the huge radio towers.

MUoNxfR.png

Okay, I saw that little green triangle, but it's empty. I also just realized there's no radio dish there either.

Ex2f9nq.jpg

FVTVfgr.jpg

F2BVJQt.jpg

4 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Okay, I saw that little green triangle, but it's empty. I also just realized there's no radio dish there either.

Alien abduction I suspect. :o
Check your KSP.log for any indication that Kerbal Konstructs had any issues in loading. Also I've encountered oddities when the terrain detail in settings is set to anything other than default.

19 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Alien abduction I suspect. :o
Check your KSP.log for any indication that Kerbal Konstructs had any issues in loading. Also I've encountered oddities when the terrain detail in settings is set to anything other than default.

I can't read the log, I've looked through them before and they're all gibberish, so I wouldn't know if there was something wrong in there. I do think I have my details at half, If I remember right I had to turn them down for another mod, though I can't remember which one now off the top of my head.

Just now, Caerfinon said:

Try setting to default and see what happens.

I just did actually, tried all the different settings, and it had no effect. I'm using the Parallax that alters the terrain, and I'm starting to wonder if maybe there isn't some sort of soft conflict between the two? I'm going to pull Parallax and it's dependency, Kopernikus later tonight when I have more time and see if that has an effect. Side question, didn't this mod add a giant airship hangar somewhere or was that removed at some point? Or am I thinking of some other mod that added that? I haven't found it yet if it's still in the game, and to be honest, I was assuming it had been removed at some point. Now with the missing radio tower and monolith, I'm not sure if it was removed, or if it's not showing up because of what ever has eaten the monolith and radio tower at Baikerbanur.

23 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Now with the missing radio tower and monolith, I'm not sure if it was removed, or if it's not showing up because of what ever has eaten the monolith and radio tower at Baikerbanur

I checked the Baikerbanur base and the triangle is element KSC_VAB_RnD1_level_2 but the monolith and radio tower are not part of the base config.

4 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

There are Airship hangers at Kola Island Naval Air Station and some other airports, but Kola is definitely there.

3 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

I checked the Baikerbanur base and the triangle is element KSC_VAB_RnD1_level_2 but the monolith and radio tower are not part of the base config.

I think Kola is the one place I've not bothered to visit, as it's so close to KSC, which is probably why I haven't found it this time. 

I feel like the missing monolith and radio tower are coming from some other mod, not part of this one. If it isn't parallax, which I'm going to test later tonight, then I don't know, and probably won't test farther than that. It's not enough of a "bug" to disrupt my game at this point, just a curiosity I was puzzled over enough to ask about. If I start noticing other problems, or missing things, like the time a mod made the Mun's ground collision disappear if the sun wasn't shining on it, then I might start poking around more, but thanks for all the help with this.

@Caerfinon Just got a reply in the Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch that there is a soft conflict between KK and Kopernicus that sometimes causes game objects to spawn inside of other objects or clip beneath  the ground. guy over there said he was using GEP [whatever that is] and that his  launchpad was clipped into VAB with the spawn point was on the roof of it. He implied that it's a known issue, and claimed it's suspected to be on kerbal konstructs end, as it hasn't been officially updated since 1.8. No idea how accurate the information is, but kind of satisfies my curiosity.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:03 PM, vardicd said:

@Caerfinon Just got a reply in the Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch that there is a soft conflict between KK and Kopernicus that sometimes causes game objects to spawn inside of other objects or clip beneath  the ground.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:18 AM, Caerfinon said:

@vardicd Ya. KK is getting a little long in the tooth and we just have to deal with the quirks as best we can

Well, I can confirm now it's true, finally got a screenshot of the monolith, radio tower and a runway beneath the terrain, all clipped into the VAB building at Baikerbanur.

UIbulh5.jpg

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

Yikes! that is a bit of a mess.

I'm also not enthused about the water tower that has spawned in the runway that's actually there. Baikerbanur is going to be limited to smaller planes. trying to land or take off medium to large planes there risks clipping a wing on that out of place object.

5 minutes ago, vardicd said:

there risks clipping a wing on that out of place object.

What are your terrain detail graphics set to? Sometimes setting them to default fixes some KK clipping issues. I had this happen with the South Lake airfield. A large hill covered it.

22 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

What are your terrain detail graphics set to? Sometimes setting them to default fixes some KK clipping issues. I had this happen with the South Lake airfield. A large hill covered it.

I've played around with them, I'm pretty sure they are set at default values. If I change them any at all, I get terrain errors, blocks that look like saw teeth, or hills coming up out of the ground inside custom bases and runways. I'm fairly certain that what I was told in the Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch is correct and it's coming from Parallax's dependency, bleeding edge. I haven't removed the Parallax mod yet, because honestly I like the terrain texture changes more than I'm bothered by one messed up runway/radiotower/monolith at Baikerbanur. If it gets to where I'm experiencing more problems than just that I'll pull it and see what happens.

Hy guys, is there somewhere a list of all the bases present in this mod? Because I can only see 5 Launchsites (for rockets) including the stock ones... I remember that the old Kerbinside mod featured a lot more launchsites... Can someone point me in the right direction?