Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

Here is a preview of what will be added to the next version of Kerbin Side Remastered.

I present the Ocean Odyssey Launch Platform. This model was originally in the Oceania addon for the original Kerbin Side mod.

J3OfBXp.png

aKEASe3.png

VwXKXE9.png

21 hours ago, Eskandare said:

I present the Ocean Odyssey Launch Platform. This model was originally in the Oceania addon for the original Kerbin Side mod.

Seriously cool.

1 hour ago, Manul said:

A nice challenge for STOL pilots. VTOL? Never heard of it.

Offshore oil platform. This one is loosely based off the old Ocean Star Platform which is now a museum.

ocean-star-offshore-drilling.jpg

Types_of_offshore_oil_and_gas_structures

From Left to Right: 1, 2) conventional fixed platforms; 3) compliant tower; 4, 5) vertically moored tension leg and mini-tension leg platform; 6) spar; 7, 8) semi-submersibles; 9) floating production, storage, and offloading facility; 10) sub-sea completion and tie-back to host facility.

The one I made a conventional fixed platform.  Ocean Odyssey used to be a semi-submersible oil exploration platform before being damaged by a blowout and there after getting converted to a mobile launch platform for the ESA.

A little bit of searching didn't turn anything up, so any one happen to have some patches for a 3.2x rescale lying around that they could share????

Figured I would ask before starting in on the work for myself, no sense doing work twice lol.

13 hours ago, Akira_R said:

A little bit of searching didn't turn anything up, so any one happen to have some patches for a 3.2x rescale lying around that they could share????

Figured I would ask before starting in on the work for myself, no sense doing work twice lol.

Of what? I am sure if you made it clear what you were looking for then maybe someone might know?

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Of what? I am sure if you made it clear what you were looking for then maybe someone might know?

"patches for a 3.2x rescale" thought that was kinda clear lol.

But I already finished it, the KerbalKonstructs editor has improved since I last used it, "only" took me like 5 hours. Unfortunately they aren't in a MM patch form, just the altered configs KK produces, if I end up taking the time to make a proper MM patch for it I'll post it someplace in case anyone else wants to use Kerbin Side Remastered on a 3.2x rescale.

1 hour ago, Akira_R said:

"patches for a 3.2x rescale" thought that was kinda clear lol.

But I already finished it, the KerbalKonstructs editor has improved since I last used it, "only" took me like 5 hours. Unfortunately they aren't in a MM patch form, just the altered configs KK produces, if I end up taking the time to make a proper MM patch for it I'll post it someplace in case anyone else wants to use Kerbin Side Remastered on a 3.2x rescale.

Nope not clear till the end of your sentence. Did you not just go into the area/areas that hold the Kerbin Side Remastered statics, give them a quick resize and slide them back into positions that look right? Then all you would have to do is export your instance and you would have a text file that you can share with others. No patches or MM needed.

One can just install the mod, load up the game without sigmadimensions, save those KK values*, so when you load up the 3.2x system, the groups aren't splayed out and you just have to move the group instance. If you're using a rescale multiplier for landscape that mimics the originals altitudes then you don't even need to adjust it. 

*What you can download here still has old KK values which get distorted by rescale, by loading in the game and saving those configs you're saving the values into a format that doesn't get affected by rescaling

Edited by Bellabong

On 8/14/2021 at 12:35 AM, Bellabong said:

One can just install the mod, load up the game without sigmadimensions, save those KK values*, so when you load up the 3.2x system, the groups aren't splayed out and you just have to move the group instance. If you're using a rescale multiplier for landscape that mimics the originals altitudes then you don't even need to adjust it. 

*What you can download here still has old KK values which get distorted by rescale, by loading in the game and saving those configs you're saving the values into a format that doesn't get affected by rescaling

Hmmm.... Pretty sure this is incorrect. Kerbin Side Remastered is definitely already configured to use the group system and things don't get splayed out (the GitHub link in the OP goes to an older release prior to the whole group center system).

The problem is that each group center point isn't actually centered in relation with its cluster of statics, sometimes it's offset by quite a bit, like a couple hundred meters or more. Since the static offsets are unaffected by rescaling (which is why things don't get splayed out anymore) the cluster of statics will no longer be in the correct position as the distance from the lat/lon of the group center to the actual position on the terrain the statics are meant to be placed is now 3.2x farther. If the statics were actually centered around the group center point this wouldn't happen and rescales would work basically out of the box and the only real issue you might have is with terrain height. It's an even bigger problem for groups with 2 different clusters of statics, such as the Uber Dam, the distance from the dam to the airfield statics doesn't change while the distance from the actual canyon itself to the point on the terrain where the airfield should be is now 3.2x farther.

In addition the map decals are affected differently than the statics and groups, haven't quite figured out exactly what it is that is happening with them with the rescale, I think they are showing up in the correct places but their scaling is kinda weird so they need tweaking as well.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:24 PM, ColdJ said:

Nope not clear till the end of your sentence. Did you not just go into the area/areas that hold the Kerbin Side Remastered statics, give them a quick resize and slide them back into positions that look right? Then all you would have to do is export your instance and you would have a text file that you can share with others. No patches or MM needed.

Ok, so I mean it would be pretty clear exactly what I was asking for to any one who might actually have some of the patches I was asking for, hence why I figured any kind of additional clarification was pretty unnecessary, if you didn't know then you wouldn't have it. And I guess just for your info, no that is not what needs to be done to get things working with a rescale, you don't want to resize any of the statics, you need to reposition them in relation to the resized terrain. The reason it took me so long was due to me just fiddling with things and learning all the features of the new editor (none of the group editing last time I used it), issues with adjusting map decals and a camera bug I kept experiencing when using the editor that required a restart whenever it happened. Also that's like the whole point of making a MM patch, so you aren't redistributing all of the configs....

43 minutes ago, NA-AnEngineer said:

Hello, is it possible to update the compatible versions of KSR on CKAN?

The interfaces for Kerbin Side Remastered are dictated by the mod Kerbal Konstructs. When that has an updated UI, KSR will as well.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:31 AM, Akira_R said:

Hmmm.... Pretty sure this is incorrect. Kerbin Side Remastered is definitely already configured to use the group system and things don't get splayed out (the GitHub link in the OP goes to an older release prior to the whole group center system).

My Kerbinside did, which is interesting because KSC Extended stays properly centered around KSC and the Kosmodrome stays together  nicely(although I need a version without launch towers built in).

I had to recenter the taxiways and other buildings around KSC(using KSP 1.11 because of issues with KK on 1.12). Then I noticed that the Mojave launch site is also splayed out, but I haven’t taken time to fix it yet.  I’m using the 2.5x rescale. 

5 hours ago, Spike88 said:

My Kerbinside did, which is interesting because KSC Extended stays properly centered around KSC and the Kosmodrome stays together  nicely(although I need a version without launch towers built in).

I had to recenter the taxiways and other buildings around KSC(using KSP 1.11 because of issues with KK on 1.12). Then I noticed that the Mojave launch site is also splayed out, but I haven’t taken time to fix it yet.  I’m using the 2.5x rescale. 

2.5 rescale will definitely cause certain elements to be misaligned, or above / below ground. You'll need to do manual edits to correct it.

On 8/24/2021 at 6:41 AM, Spike88 said:

Yeah, the stuff KSR adds around the space center is in a different group than the rest of the space center, so it suffers from the old issue of things spreading out due to the rescale. I had to move those things around as well, it was one of the only groups I had to actually move individual statics to get things aligned well (not KSR's fault of course, or KK's, just an issue with me not seeing a way to rotate on all 3 axis in the group editor)

Edited by Akira_R

7 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

Yeah, the stuff KSR adds around the space center is in a different group than the rest of the space center, so it suffers from the old issue of things spreading out due to the rescale. I had to move those things around as well, it was one of the only groups I had to actually move individual statics to get things aligned well (not KSR's fault of course, or KK's, just an issue with me not seeing a way to rotate on all 3 axis in the group editor)

It actually turns out I was using an older kerbinside. The one in the OP is outdated. When I updated to the new one it fixed the splaying. I just had to move the groups and the terrain decals. 

KSC Extended doesn’t need any adjustments on 2.5.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dromader said:

Will there be 1.12 version? 

The Kerbal Konstructs statics that make up this mod already work im KSP 1.12.
The underlying Kerbal Konstruct mod is being worked on and currently it's editor function does not work in ksp1.12, however all of the other in-game facilities and functions do.

• 2 weeks later...