Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

On 6/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@AdmiralTigerclaw For the triangular filler pieces, what color do you use for concrete gray?

'Gras' Color .45 / .45 / .45 / -0.22

Far as I can tell, it's RGB and some kind of Texture selection effect.

For the tiny 1700 C runway I've been using as a spawn location, I've been making it a bright yellow with .5 / .5 / 0 / -10

EDIT:  Okay, I've almost got the last of my international airports completed.  Just need to do the screencaps, tweak the files, and prep the folder.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

So I picked up this mod the other day and have really enjoyed it so far (as the old Kerbin Side was great, but the models for the airports, etc in this one are a fair bit 'cleaner'). That being said, I have a question and bug report:

Bug Report: the Space Center at Baikerbanur is surrounded by an invisible solid wall. I tried to land there literally 30 times (thank you, quicksave) and kept slamming into a wall about 1 km in every direction around the airport. Curiously, landing outside the airport and hoofing it on foot onto the runway worked without hitting anything. Maybe the wall starts several feet off the ground? Approaching the base from any direction didn't seem to make a difference.

Question: one of the great things about the old Kerbin Side mod was the sheer amount of locations and the Kerbin Side GAP mod that created transportation contracts between the various locations. Are we going to get the equivalent (or compatibility) for the remastered Kerbin Side? A very cool addition would be contracts requiring the hauling of specific parts between locations. Would give an actual in-game purpose to creating large cargo aircraft or suborbitals, for instance.

Thanks for the mod, regardless! And I'm looking forward to the aquatic one you've been teasing on Reddit!

3 minutes ago, Kardea said:

So I picked up this mod the other day and have really enjoyed it so far (as the old Kerbin Side was great, but the models for the airports, etc in this one are a fair bit 'cleaner'). That being said, I have a question and bug report:

Bug Report: the Space Center at Baikerbanur is surrounded by an invisible solid wall. I tried to land there literally 30 times (thank you, quicksave) and kept slamming into a wall about 1 km in every direction around the airport. Curiously, landing outside the airport and hoofing it on foot onto the runway worked without hitting anything. Maybe the wall starts several feet off the ground? Approaching the base from any direction didn't seem to make a difference.

Question: one of the great things about the old Kerbin Side mod was the sheer amount of locations and the Kerbin Side GAP mod that created transportation contracts between the various locations. Are we going to get the equivalent (or compatibility) for the remastered Kerbin Side? A very cool addition would be contracts requiring the hauling of specific parts between locations. Would give an actual in-game purpose to creating large cargo aircraft or suborbitals, for instance.

Thanks for the mod, regardless! And I'm looking forward to the aquatic one you've been teasing on Reddit!

I'm working on a lot of airports (back-skim the thread.  Half the pages at this point I think are filled with my updates.) and BottleRocketeer has poked the Kerbinside GAP thread about it while poking me.  And I put in my two cents and plans.

27 minutes ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

I'm working on a lot of airports (back-skim the thread.  Half the pages at this point I think are filled with my updates.) and BottleRocketeer has poked the Kerbinside GAP thread about it while poking me.  And I put in my two cents and plans.

Then thanks for your work!  A quick question before I read through the thread to catch up: is anyone working on port-style bases (i.e. direct water-spawn)? It'd be great for launching a dedicated seaplane that doesn't have wheels or a trolley to tow it to the water and, naturally, for boats/subs as well.

1 minute ago, Kardea said:

Then thanks for your work!  A quick question before I read through the thread to catch up: is anyone working on port-style bases (i.e. direct water-spawn)? It'd be great for launching a dedicated seaplane that doesn't have wheels or a trolley to tow it to the water and, naturally, for boats/subs as well.

I haven't seen anything that lends itself to a water spawn YET.  I'm using runways shrunken down to as small as they'll go to act as spawn points on open tarmac.  The closest thing to what you're asking for is L-OUIS Tropical Floatplane stop.  But that spawn is up on the tarmac.  However, you can roll down into the water and then launch from there.

Anyway, I just finished the last of my International Airports.

xnGsF1w.png

Now I'm waiting on XKJMK from BottleRocketeer.

@AdmiralTigerclaw What is currently included in the base mod download (which is all I have at the moment, plus Kampus from the old mod). Are any of your airports currently active in the base download? I’m guessing there aren’t any contracts/packs that interact with Remastered yet...

1 hour ago, Kardea said:

@AdmiralTigerclaw What is currently included in the base mod download (which is all I have at the moment, plus Kampus from the old mod). Are any of your airports currently active in the base download? I’m guessing there aren’t any contracts/packs that interact with Remastered yet...

The base mod is just Eskandare's bases.  My airport work is a separate download hiding as a mediafire link on one of the pages, though every time I update them, the link is invalidated.  If you wait for a little later tonight, I'm going to put up another temporary link with the new airport installed.

15 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

mediaFire links have been banned on here for a while now. Last I bothered to click on one they did pop-under ads. Evil

I meant I update with a new link, and kill the old file, so the old link is a dead husk.

Thought that's good to know.  I forgot they got all upset about that stuff.  I've been running ad-blocker so long, I forget that garbage popups exist.

13 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@AdmiralTigerclaw What scale do use for the scaled triangles? Also, which triangle pieces do you use?

I scale things to fit.

Though in the last few airports I've been scaling the base plates to scale 3.

EDIT:  Also, of the three filler triangles, you actually need to use all three.  Filler A is a regular equilateral triangle.  Filler B1 and B2 are right triangles that have their sides flipped.  So if you're bracing one side with B1, the opposing side needs to be B2.

EDIT2: I'm taking my stuff over here...

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

On 6/10/2018 at 1:26 AM, ricgecomet said:
Hi, i am just try this mod. My problem is the map icon seems like black box. 

Eg. Nyle runway:

http://imgur.com/YEzHoZE

And Round range:

http://imgur.com/uNz3dYg

Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

Ps: sry for the url img, this is my 1st time to post with photos.:wacko:

Well I'm having the same issues and only a few Launch pad icons are showing up, but nothing else.. just black squares.. (andThis includes airports).

And I'mm with you on this one.. ccan someone tellus how to repair this so that all the icons show up?

Space_Coyote

25 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

Well I'm having the same issues and only a few Launch pad icons are showing up, but nothing else.. just black squares.. (andThis includes airports).

And I'mm with you on this one.. ccan someone tellus how to repair this so that all the icons show up?

Space_Coyote

If someone would be so kind to send a Screenshot, so I can actually see the problem, I might be able to fix it.

Currently I only get some reports of icons not showing up, but I can't reproduce it

6 hours ago, Ger_space said:

If someone would be so kind to send a Screenshot, so I can actually see the problem, I might be able to fix it.

Currently I only get some reports of icons not showing up, but I can't reproduce it

Last time this problem was reported, I told that person to check if they had the texture compression mods installed.  Back in the day, said mod would compress the icon images to the point they just winked out (turned into black squares).

I suspect this may be the case.  Modders were writing patches that forced exceptions on their icons due to their small size.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:46 PM, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Last time this problem was reported, I told that person to check if they had the texture compression mods installed.  Back in the day, said mod would compress the icon images to the point they just winked out (turned into black squares).

I suspect this may be the case.  Modders were writing patches that forced exceptions on their icons due to their small size.

Now I have a question, and this dovetails into this one.

The question is, which mods have texture compresions and what if you don't have any of these  mods installed and you get the black squares still.

So the real question is, which mods use compressed textures and which ones don't? I guess that's the real question here.

And if there is a list of mods that do have compressed textures could someone post them up please and I could check to see if I have any installed (But I doubt I have as I don't have Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE) or any thing like Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter (KSO) installed as these weere two of the mods that did caue thi sissues if I recall.

So maybe it's time we sit down and see which mods are out there that have compressed Textures in them and  find a work around for that.

Just my thoughts on that

Space_Coyote

30 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

Now I have a question, and this dovetails into this one.

The question is, which mods have texture compresions and what if you don't have any of these  mods installed and you get the black squares still.

So the real question is, which mods use compressed textures and which ones don't? I guess that's the real question here.

And if there is a list of mods that do have compressed textures could someone post them up please and I could check to see if I have any installed (But I doubt I have as I don't have Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE) or any thing like Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter (KSO) installed as these weere two of the mods that did caue thi sissues if I recall.

So maybe it's time we sit down and see which mods are out there that have compressed Textures in them and  find a work around for that.

Just my thoughts on that

Space_Coyote

Texture Compression comes from a specific mod, not a series.

It was made when KSP's 64 bit version was not yet stable.  So people were stuck using 32 bit only.  32 bit has a ram limit of 4 Gb, and textures ate that FAST.  Thus, some programming was done to create a mod that would grab all the textures as they loaded, and compress them so they would take up less space.  However, Icons are already barely anything, and compressing them just destroys them.  Thus, module manager patches were written to exempt icons from various mods.

1 minute ago, guesswho2778 said:

i think i remember some one on this thread saying something like the buildings are animated and the doors open... was i imagining things?

Yes I made the Airship Hanger doors animate with working sounds, just click on the yellow power box near either side of the doors. There is an accompanying grey power box on the inside. The runway, taxiway, building, and street lights turn on when the sun sets, Dishes and observatory have tracking animations. 

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Yes I made the Airship Hanger doors animate with working sounds, just click on the yellow power box near either side of the doors. There is an accompanying grey power box on the inside. The runway, taxiway, building, and street lights turn on when the sun sets, Dishes and observatory have tracking animations. 

where's the hangar located tho

On 6/7/2018 at 3:34 AM, Eskandare said:

I cannot use anything from Kerbin Side Classic because it is under an ARR license

Yes you can. You have my permission. Link this post if that's queried. I am happy for you to re-use the models and textures and any other element of the artwork, modified or unmodified.