Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

3 hours ago, Ioseg said:

Is this version of Kerbin Side compatible with KSP 1.3.1 and KK for 1.3.1?

Looking very amazing! Thank U for such a nice surprise this day!

Yes, just be sure to delete the old Classic Kerbin Side statics folder in Kerbal Konstructs to prevent weird things happening. The next releases of Kerbal Konstructs will have them migrated to the Classic Kerbin Side pack.

18 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I saw this subject line and immediately held my breath --- YAY!

I'm sort of agreeing with @LGG, but in this case -...Remastered has a "successor mod" connotation, and wouldn't cause too much confusion to me.

Can't wait to try it out! :D

Judging by the features list -- are the hangars/fuel depots out for the moment?

There is a few new features. Hangers I may revisit, R&D was buggy for some reason and I'll need to test it more, fuel tanks are there. The default airfields/launch sites have fuel tanks and are always open, but fuel costs funds (no free gas).

2 minutes ago, ThiccRocketScientist said:

Amazing, all of it! This has been less buggy than any other KK thing I've come across. Any chance of expecting to see roads at some point?

Supply and Demand is the mod that should be including roads. I have some prototype models I'm playing with. Also cities and a mini mod to upgrade the old Kerbin City mod, mainly more structures, buildings and things.

42 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

The default airfields/launch sites have fuel tanks and are always open, but fuel costs funds (no free gas).

Now I have more um mod to install: one that prints Kerbucks!

36 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

@Eskandare Some of the old round range statics are still there, underneath the new ones. a couple need to be removed

https://imgur.com/a/xgfnmAf
and the deserts texture is bright as can be, no matter the ambient light setting

You need to remove the Statics folder from Kerbal Konstructs, the next releases for Kerbal Konstructs will have them migrated to Kerbin Side Classic.

I tried to set the desert GrasTexture color to something that would work with all angles of the sun. Too dark and it didn't blend well at noon, too light and it didn't blend well at night. It's an on going issue. I'll see what I can do to get the color closer to the terrain color.

Edited by Eskandare

Does this mod require Making History? I don't have it, and I've installed this and Kerbal Konstructs and the launch sites I have are Kojave Sands, Nye Islands and Round Range. My KSC looks only slightly different from the original (but certainly not like the screenshots here).

31 minutes ago, juanml82 said:

Does this mod require Making History? I don't have it, and I've installed this and Kerbal Konstructs and the launch sites I have are Kojave Sands, Nye Islands and Round Range. My KSC looks only slightly different from the original (but certainly not like the screenshots here).

The expansion is not required. Please wait for a Non-Beta release of Kerbal-Kontructs tonight. This should fix most of the confusion.

19 hours ago, Ger_space said:

The expansion is not required. Please wait for a Non-Beta release of Kerbal-Kontructs tonight. This should fix most of the confusion.

I downloaded the last update of Kerbal Konstructs (1.4.3). Still the same.

7 hours ago, woeller said:

Really?

[Spoiler Omitted]

Yup

25 minutes ago, juanml82 said:

I downloaded the last update of Kerbal Konstructs (1.4.3). Still the same.

Be sure to delete the previous version of Kerbal Konstructs before installing the updated version.

Edited by Eskandare

On 4/27/2018 at 10:57 PM, Lisias said:

Anyone had tried using both original KerbinSide and the Remastered?

Answering to myself, in the hope to be useful to someone else later: yes, you can have both (classic and remastered) Kerbin Side installed.

Until the moment, no glitches but some overlapping buildings on KSC.

35 minutes ago, MrFancyPL said:

Hello, it is normal that it mod drops fps so hard ? my fps dropped everywhere, from VAB to flight from 70 to 22 ?

No that shouldn't have happened... may be an NRE but I can't help you with out the KSP log file.

1 minute ago, Lisias said:

Answering to myself, in the hope to be useful to someone else later: yes, you can have both (classic and remastered) Kerbin Side installed.

Until the moment, no glitches but some overlapping buildings on KSC.

Round Range will have a ton of overlapping buildings. FPS will drop a lot with the Classic Kerbin Side.

14 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Round Range will have a ton of overlapping buildings. FPS will drop a lot with the Classic Kerbin Side.

Some deletions and perhaps CFG editing will fix this. I like the Kerbin Kampus, but I prefer your approach  lights. :-)

2 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Yup

Be sure to delete the previous version of Kerbal Konstructs before installing the updated version.

I did that, but the issue persists. Here's a screenshot of the tracking station

paIUuvI.png

However, when landing around, I found this reference to "Kamberwich Green"IdfDfIy.png

Do I need to "discover" the bases? That option is turned off in Kerbal Konstructs settings

dqd3AWn.png

1 hour ago, juanml82 said:

Do I need to "discover" the bases? That option is turned off in Kerbal Konstructs settings

I have some bases hidden, meaning they don't show up in the KK Launch Site UI. If you fly to them you can unlock them, and they should show up in the UI.

Edited by Eskandare

I know it's a long shot, but would it be feasible for this to support running with just Making History, and not Kerbal Konstructs?  I'm interested in additional launchsites, but KK has an awkward UI and a bunch of extraneous stuff that I don't want (like hiring staff in office buildings, and some sort of airplane navigation system that I couldn't figure out how to use).  Now that Making History has its own support for alternate launchsites, I'd be interested in a pack that just adds launchsites to the MH launchsite menu, nothing more.