Fastest launch, rendezvous and docking

The fastest time from launchpad to being docked wins.

Rules:

1. No mods
  2. No cheats (debug menu etc.)
  3. You must dock to a station in a 75x75km orbit
  4. Your craft must have a Mk1-3 Command Pod
  5. No part of your rocket can touch the station before you are docked
  6. You must post a video of your entry (screenshots are allowed, but in certain situations I might request a video)

Scoring: The score is the MET (mission elapsed time) when the camera changes, after docking the two crafts.

Leaderboard:

1. Aphobius - 1:42
  2. DoctorDavinci - 7:55
Edited by Aphobius

@Aphobius just an FYI - a lot of people will be unable to make videos. May I suggest a screenshot entry allowance based on the misson timer in the top left? 

I would also suggest you make a station in a save file so everyone has the same thing to dock with at the same orbit. 

The RV part of this will rely on launching at the right time, the docking run will be down to a little bit of luck that it docks without the need for repetitive bashing together!

Allowing screenshots could be fun, so other people don't copy your procedure, but you should have a video ready to make the time ... official.

I don't think a save file is needed, just launch something with a docking port in a 75km circular orbit (just be sure both Ap and Pe are 75xxx m).

The reason I suggest a save file is because some things dock easier than others. I think mass and part count has an effect on the effectiveness of the magnetic attraction of docking ports.

The reason I suggest allowing screenshot is because making videos can be a pain in the ass for lower performance CPU's such as mine - which is technically below min spec for ksp (yes, I still make videos, but I'm thinking of others here). 

Also, I would like to see the OP's attempt, please.

@Andetch If you think a specific station (mass, part count etc.) offers you an advantage, please use it, the only thing that I wouldn't like would be structural guides, that align you with the docking port.

You can post screenshots, but if the time is extremely good or beats someone that made a video, I guess it would be fair if you would also post a video.

Don't worry, you'll see my attempt. :)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.