[1.8 - 1.12] Tundra's Space Center - v2.0 (December 18th) - Stockalike KSC launchpads!

Damon

Github dev build is live!
Download here

This dev version includes the following launchpads:

LC-39
7eYe1MF.png 

LC-41
vNG8x2v.png 

LC-40
ikXgKzV.png 

LC-19
ESJVc0p.png 

LC-46
Wzxrtal.png 

.Craft files included for LC-41 and LC-19 because these pads are unique. (You need BlueDog Design Bureau in order for LC-19 Gemini and LC-41 Atlas craft file to work.
You have to place these pads yourself. Eventually I will get an update out where they are already placed somewhere around the KSC.

You need the latest Kerbal Konstruct AND Advanced Textures in order to see all the textures.

Some problems I know:
- Lights are a bit weird or doesn't exist on the pad.
- Smoke doesn't seem to work every time (I will fix this)
- Colliders can act funny.

3 hours ago, damonvv said:

pdiGk1h.png

Also I made a custom Transporter Erector for Ghidorah for my Tundra Exploration mod!

Awesome! Pretty beautiful LC pad. Did you are planning other SpaceX TEL for your Tundra mod? I've seen another modder making some models of F1/9 TEL, but it isn't compatible with many mods.

By the way, TKS for those superb mods.

So, I placed down LC-40, enabled collisions, set it as a launchsite, but whenever I choose it in the VAB, it just slaps my rocket on the standard launchpad? Gonna send a pic when I open KSP
EDIT: Here's the pic, also forgot to mention this is the latest version of KSP (1.5.1 I think it was?)
unknown.png

Edited by space_powder
added pic

On 11/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, space_powder said:

So, I placed down LC-40, enabled collisions, set it as a launchsite, but whenever I choose it in the VAB, it just slaps my rocket on the standard launchpad? Gonna send a pic when I open KSP
EDIT: Here's the pic, also forgot to mention this is the latest version of KSP (1.5.1 I think it was?)
unknown.png

Make sure to use the dropdown menu when you want to launch your rocket, enable the green light thing in front of the name of the launchpad and then click the button next to it.  

4 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Is the SpaceX Transporter-Erector available? I can't find it. Also, how do I use the Atlas launch tower? It won't attach to the bottom of my rocket

Interesting! Will do some more testing

On 11/27/2018 at 9:45 PM, damonvv said:

Make sure to use the dropdown menu when you want to launch your rocket, enable the green light thing in front of the name of the launchpad and then click the button next to it.  

Sorry for the extremely late reply, but which dropdown menu do you mean? Statics Editor, Instance Editor, Launchsite Editor or the menu in the VAB/SPH? I can't seem to find the 'green light thing' you're talking about :confused:

EDIT: If it's the Inflight Base Boss, then the only operational facility is my LZ-1, the launchpad isn't listed

Edited by space_powder

4 hours ago, rib3irojr said:

Can you put to download your custom Transporter Erector? I'll be more happy with this!

Also, beatiful and wonderful mod!

The Erector is not finished yet. But I'm currently working on it!

5 hours ago, space_powder said:

Sorry for the extremely late reply, but which dropdown menu do you mean? Statics Editor, Instance Editor, Launchsite Editor or the menu in the VAB/SPH? I can't seem to find the 'green light thing' you're talking about :confused:

EDIT: If it's the Inflight Base Boss, then the only operational facility is my LZ-1, the launchpad isn't listed

v0OViry.png

1. This has to be activated first before pressing 2.
This is kind of a bug since 1.4, not sure if it was fixable by @Ger_space but for me this worked every time I wanted to launch from a custom pad. If I don't do it like this most of the time the game won't spawn me at that pad.

6 minutes ago, rib3irojr said:

Oh, that's amazing

The Erector can will be moved? Like the real erector's?

Not sure yet. Probably in this one with the Atlas and Titan II clamps.

1 minute ago, darkerdadorito said:

i hope this erector will be reusable instead of just being a launch clamp. :/

still pretty good though!

These clamps are actual parts. So they can be recovered and reused ;) 

7 hours ago, damonvv said:

The Erector is not finished yet. But I'm currently working on it!

v0OViry.png

1. This has to be activated first before pressing 2.
This is kind of a bug since 1.4, not sure if it was fixable by @Ger_space but for me this worked every time I wanted to launch from a custom pad. If I don't do it like this most of the time the game won't spawn me at that pad.

This should be fixed in the last release of kk.

5 hours ago, Ger_space said:

This should be fixed in the last release of kk.

Do you mean the latest release, 1.4.5.31? That's the one I use rn in KSP 1.5.1 and the dropdown menu damonvv showed isn't there at all, unless you mean there will be another version released soonTM

2 hours ago, space_powder said:

Do you mean the latest release, 1.4.5.31? That's the one I use rn in KSP 1.5.1 and the dropdown menu damonvv showed isn't there at all, unless you mean there will be another version released soonTM

You need to have the expansion bought and installed AND have the other launchSites setting enabled in the settings.

Just now, Barzon Kerman said:

@damonvv could you share a save file with a basic layout of the launchpads? Because I love this, but can't figure out where to put the launchpads? Thanks :) 

Once I finished all the pads I will put them around the ksc before a full release!