[1.8 - 1.12] Tundra's Space Center - v2.0 (December 18th) - Stockalike KSC launchpads!

Damon

On 4/22/2019 at 8:21 PM, _Leo_Pard_ said:

I love the textures of the mod and everything but I can't get the Launch Pad to work to where I am able to launch from the launch pad. Is there any fix?

Did you make it a launch pad after placing it? If you didn't then you cannot select it in the VAB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, nasa legolas said:

I have a question: Do you plan on also making LC-39c (the new Mini-Rocket launch site in Ksc) or the Starship SSTO launch-sites (the crazy Elon-Like plan to launch starship like an SSTO)?

Btw i really like your mod:cool:

I got some in the works yeah!

On 7/3/2019 at 6:54 AM, BNSF1995 said:

Do you plan to add Pads 34 and 37? This would aid in simulating the early Apollo flights.

Eventually, I want all the pads. For now I focus on 2/3 pads for the next release.

Edited by damonvv

1 hour ago, SirMimbo said:

Will this work with the new JNSQ mod? I loved this mod on stock but im not sure with the new scale that it will work.

Sorry, it won't, it will have to be rebuilt to work .  JNSQ is natively at 2.7x scale, which totally breaks KK statics designed for the stock Kerbin.

2 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Sorry, it won't, it will have to be rebuilt to work .  JNSQ is natively at 2.7x scale, which totally breaks KK statics designed for the stock Kerbin.

Do you mean the launch pads won't work at all with JNSQ or just their predesigned positions? While KK isn't officially supported by JNSQ, people said it worked without a problem.

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Do you mean the launch pads won't work at all with JNSQ or just their predesigned positions? While KK isn't officially supported by JNSQ, people said it worked without a problem.

Yeah, they just have to be repositioned for JNSQ, I think.  If you're handy with KK, then you can do it yourself...lot of work though :P

5 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

It should work. You can expect some statics to be flying but shouldn’t be a problem. But I am working to make this mod compatible with JNSQ

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Hey, I’m away from my pc atm and new to placing stuff with KK. 

Is there an easy way to replace the stock pad with LC39?

Thanks 

No. I don’t think you can replace anything from the original KSC

16 minutes ago, damonvv said:

No. I don’t think you can replace anything from the original KSC

What a shame, where would you recommend placing Lc39?

Tonight I will be launching a Saturn 5 to the mun for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, I plan to take off from LC39A with the modular launch pads Saturn 5 pad

I might ask the question in the KK forum in case you can, I’m not sure I’d kerban side replaced launch pads or runaways but it it did there should be a way to do that with LC39

Edited by xD-FireStriker
Merged a second reply

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

What a shame, where would you recommend placing Lc39?

Tonight I will be launching a Saturn 5 to the mun for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, I plan to take off from LC39A with the modular launch pads Saturn 5 pad

I might ask the question in the KK forum in case you can, I’m not sure I’d kerban side replaced launch pads or runaways but it it did there should be a way to do that with LC39

I would recommend KSC Extended. If you download that with the required mods you can have a sort of real KSC but stock scale!

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

I would recommend KSC Extended. If you download that with the required mods you can have a sort of real KSC but stock scale!

Thanks I will install that once I get home, I’m trying to keep it Stock/stockalike even tho I play with a lot of mods.

Got the have Saturn V Launch stage built but torn on what to do with the Service Module and LIM. I will post some pics showing off the pad in action if you want

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@damonvv would you be willing to break out the pad lightning tower into its own static object? I found a decent-looking tower from the old KerbinSide to use around my Level 0 launch pad but obviously yours look better and I would prefer to use them if I can (just the tower, don't need the wires. Well, they do serve a purpose and also look good but to make this request more reasonable I can do without them)

2 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@damonvv would you be willing to break out the pad lightning tower into its own static object? I found a decent-looking tower from the old KerbinSide to use around my Level 0 launch pad but obviously yours look better and I would prefer to use them if I can (just the tower, don't need the wires. Well, they do serve a purpose and also look good but to make this request more reasonable I can do without them)

Sure thing! Which towers are you referring to? The one from LC-39B or SLC40/41?