[1.8 - 1.12] Tundra's Space Center - v2.0 (December 18th) - Stockalike KSC launchpads!

Damon

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious (and rather puzzled ) by the fact that I am first off using 1.81 an in fact I even have the latest Kerbal Konstructs (1.8.1.12) and it's rfunny that none of the pads are opening..or are open i nsand box mode.

I mean I've tried opening them though the  base manager and they won't even open..

I'm hoping that this will be fixe din an upcoming verison of tTundra Space Center..

anyway will stick with 1.7.3 until it happens.

Space_cOYOTE

On 12/11/2019 at 2:44 PM, Space_Coyote said:

I'm curious (and rather puzzled ) by the fact that I am first off using 1.81 an in fact I even have the latest Kerbal Konstructs (1.8.1.12) and it's rfunny that none of the pads are opening..or are open i nsand box mode.

There's a reason why it still says 1.4.5 - 1.7.3. But the 1.8 release will come very soon!

Introducing: Launch Complex 5 & 6! Coming to TSC soon!
screenshot152.png

So as of right now these pads are coming to the next TSC update:

- SLC 5
- SLC 6
- SLC 14
- SLC 17
- SLC 34
- SLC 40 (revamped)
- and maybe SLC 36

Cannot wait to share them with you! If Kopernicus isn't updated soon I will go ahead and release my mod anyway and push a fix for when Kopernicus does come around.
Bare in mind that this update will no longer work in any previous KSP versions but KSP 1.8! Make also sure to follow my newly made roadmap to keep up to date with what I do! (and plan to do!)

On 12/11/2019 at 9:44 PM, Space_Coyote said:

I'm curious (and rather puzzled ) by the fact that I am first off using 1.8.1 an in fact I even have the latest Kerbal Konstructs (1.8.1.12) and it's funny that none of the pads are opening..or are open in sand box mode.

I mean I've tried opening them though the  base manager and they won't even open..

I'm hoping that this will be fixed in an upcoming verison of Tundra Space Center..

anyway will stick with 1.7.3 until it happens.

Space_cOYOTE

You had go to a in game part you had hold button 

Tundra's Space Center version 2.0 is out!

This version adds the following:

• TLC-5
  • TLC-6
  • TLC-5-6 launch control building
  • TLC-14
  • TLC-17
  • TLC-34

Download via SpaceDock
Make sure you install Kerbal Konstructs version 1.8.x

Happy launches!

Some new pads:
 6k0ezrB.png

Odxzbs3.jpg

B7pymz0.png

Edited by damonvv

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2019 at 5:45 PM, damonvv said:

This version adds the following:

• TLC-5
  • TLC-6
  • TLC-5-6 launch control building
  • TLC-14
  • TLC-17
  • TLC-34

Missile Row! Missile Row! Missile Row! 

Slpo2eI.png

from top to bottom: LC-5/6, LC-17, horizontal test pad pretending to be LC-1, LC-36, 3 LC-14's, 2 LC-19's, LC-37, LC-40 and LC-41

The launchpads are very close, I know. But it looks kinda nice like this.

Spoiler

Also the terrain decal I made focus mostly on Kennedy space center and it is not big enough to have Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) with the launchpads properly positioned.

L9cdcoA.png
From top to bottom: LC-39 B, LC-39A, LC-40, LC-4, LC-37.
LC-39 A and B (top) are positioned where the real LC-39C would be built. They would be more accurately positioned where LC-40/41 are, but this would leave too little space for the missile row and a large empty area in the launch center north (Top on this image)

ZoZb0k2.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, Operation_Blackbird said:

Bw8uWhJdQPuPvhwI1_ODUg.png?width=401&hei

Just incase anyone needs help finding the launchpads on the launchsite.

I assume this is integrated with KSC extended?

Edited by alberro+

On 3/20/2020 at 6:29 AM, KSPBDAfan said:

Do you think maybe we could see some underground silos in the future?

I think someone tried to tackle that a few years ago.   And the Rocket (the SS-18 / R-36M family) would explode immediately on launch.   It was never released to the public (the underground launch tube) but I remember the author talking about it.     FWIW when held with launch clamps, that SS-18 was a pretty awesome flying rocket. 

Completely going from memory and this was pre 1.31 KSP!

Anyone knows why when I want to launch, its always set to the original KSP launchpad instead of any other launchpad? I have already make it launchsite but still whenever i went to launch there is no launchpad option and set the original launchpad as default. Also when I set to launch from i.e Pad 40 from the VAB, its still use the default pad. Am I missing something? Already installed Kerbal Konstruct 1.8.1 (Im using KSP ver 1.8.1)

T7cZMUBm.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lextacy said:

Can I use this on my 1.7 install with RSS and RO? I do understand I will have to place the pads manually, but need to know if it is supported other than the coordinate system. 

iirc it doesn't work with pre 1.8.x because 1.8 introduced a new ground shader, so your ground texture will just be grey