[1.8 - 1.12] Tundra's Space Center - v2.0 (December 18th) - Stockalike KSC launchpads!

Damon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How much impact does adding statics like the tundra pads to the KSC have on performance e.g. on launching bigger vessels? Does it have an impact or is it totally neglectable?

Is it more CPU or GPU eating?

Edited by Rakete

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 8:53 PM, CollectingSP said:

I had this issue as well. is it where the grass is like really, really green and it covers the pad?

If so, it's because the Mod isn't Installed Correctly. (Learned that the hard way Back in 1.8.1.)

Then how do you fix it if I may ask?

Edit: typo.

Edited by Spartan-B312

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings @damonvv! Would you be able to mark this as compatible with KSP v1.12.3 on SpaceDock? Hafco Space Center requires Tundra's Space Center as a parent mod because it uses your test pad and barge assets, and  due to it being marked incompatible for 1.12.3, CKAN requires compatibility mode to install it. I can confirm it works in 1.12.3 :)

Edited by HafCoJoe

6 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I'm sure I've read it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it anymore: is there a way to have another space center as the default view than KSC?

In Kerbal Konstructs there's a setting to set the space center view to the one you last launched from.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:15 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Ah, found it, it's in the difficulty settings. Thx!

I wish there was a way to set a 'default camera position' instead of view based on the last launch site, or better yet set a camera position for each launch site. HafCo Space Center's runway and launchpads are far enough away from the main bulk of the space center that it's hard to view anything :/ I have to use the KSC still if I want to click on facilities 

9 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

I wish there was a way to set a 'default camera position' instead of view based on the last launch site, or better yet set a camera position for each launch site. HafCo Space Center's runway and launchpads are far enough away from the main bulk of the space center that it's hard to view anything :/ I have to use the KSC still if I want to click on facilities 

Yeah, I just realized that I can right-click on the facilities icons in the left instead of the buildings themselves, but that seems to work only from KSC. Left-click works fine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 5:42 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Yeah, I just realized that I can right-click on the facilities icons in the left instead of the buildings themselves, but that seems to work only from KSC. Left-click works fine.

Not sure why it didn't work back then, but it seems to work now.

Anyway, I still have the issue I mentioned a while ago (also see this entry by @Tonas1997) that changes in the grass color aren't persisted. Interestingly, this is only true for launch pads. E.g., I have Launch Pad 05 and 06, which return to their bright green color, and the Launch Pad 5-6 Blockhouse, which persists the color I assigned. What's going on here?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 7:25 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Not sure why it didn't work back then, but it seems to work now.

Anyway, I still have the issue I mentioned a while ago (also see this entry by @Tonas1997) that changes in the grass color aren't persisted. Interestingly, this is only true for launch pads. E.g., I have Launch Pad 05 and 06, which return to their bright green color, and the Launch Pad 5-6 Blockhouse, which persists the color I assigned. What's going on here?

I believe this is more a KK bug since once something has saved, it can break stuff and even reset some values (like the color). I will try and see what's going on.

• 6 months later...

How does this interact with KSC extended?  I noticed KSC extended has this as a dependency.  Do I need to install both?  Or if not, why would I want to?

Edited by Kurld

54 minutes ago, Kurld said:

How does this interact with KSC extended?  I noticed KSC extended has this as a dependency.  Do I need to install both?  Or if not, why would I want to?

I'd recommend using CKAN for installing things with KerbalKonstructs since it handles a lot of the dependencies - but yes you should have to install both

1 hour ago, Kurld said:

Tundra's Space Center is the statics, while KSC Extended is a set og .cfgs placing those statics around the KSC.

TSC does ALSO add a new site with a runway and variety of pads, but it's far away from KSC.

So TSC is a new space port and its models were used in making KSC Extended

Edited by tg626
Incorrect information

8 hours ago, Kurld said:

Understood.  Thanks!

I got it wrong.

This being called "Tundra Space Center" and the place in game being called "Tundra Space Center" created the mix up in my brain. This is just a pack of launch pad models that can be used in Kerbal Konstructs. KSCExtended is an example of that use - and the author took the smaller pads and created a new space center in the game as well as enlarging KSC.

Sorry for the confusion.

On 3/27/2023 at 8:30 AM, tg626 said:

I got it wrong.

This being called "Tundra Space Center" and the place in game being called "Tundra Space Center" created the mix up in my brain. This is just a pack of launch pad models that can be used in Kerbal Konstructs. KSCExtended is an example of that use - and the author took the smaller pads and created a new space center in the game as well as enlarging KSC.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ah yeah. This is a bit confusing! But I made it a loong time ago so I was probably just happy to share my KK files hah

52 minutes ago, Damon said:

Ah yeah. This is a bit confusing! But I made it a loong time ago so I was probably just happy to share my KK files hah

Fine by me. I love the pads! Absolutely essential to have 39A/B for Modular Launchpads and my shuttle!

• 2 months later...

I've got a question and a suggestion, i just want to change the default's Squad Launchpad with this one. Is it possible?

Also, is the launchpad responsible of the smoke coming from the vents? Is it possible to change the default particle or even improove the system with volumetric smoke?

If not, i will try to build a different base on other planet, but i don't know if it will  be possible to recover vessels there and get a general view when coming to KSC. Thank you!