[1.8 - 1.12] Tundra's Space Center - v2.0 (December 18th) - Stockalike KSC launchpads!

Damon

On 9/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, CocaoGames said:

how do i replace the normal ksc launchpad with this one (sorry if a sound like a noob lol)

When ingame, launch a simple craft. Then hit alt-k and from there you can place the launchpad. Make sure to hit the "create launchpad" tab while placing the pad so you can launch from it!

3 minutes ago, CocaoGames said:

Thank you very much :)

Maybe this helps too! ( I hope it gives you the basics of how it works).

I will update this mod soon and include a preset to use so you don't have to place them manually!

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, darkerdadorito said:

what other launchpads do you plan on adding? (other than lc39 and boca chica)

Probably vandy LC-4a. But I think I want to make a lot more launchpads and not just SpaceX ones. If you have any suggestions on what type of pad you would like to see, comment! :) 

(I am waiting for Kerbal Konstruct to release a new update before I update this mod, that's why I haven't released the 39A pad yet!)

Edited by damonvv

4 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Probably vandy LC-4a. But I think I want to make a lot more launchpads and not just SpaceX ones. If you have any suggestions on what type of pad you would like to see, comment! :) 

(I am waiting for Kerbal Konstruct to release a new update before I update this mod, that's why I haven't released the 39A pad yet!)

ah... well I do use your pads with real ksc for ro and stuff, perhaps lc-37 for the delta iv heavy?

2 minutes ago, darkerdadorito said:

ah... well I do use your pads with real ksc for ro and stuff, perhaps lc-37 for the delta iv heavy?

Ideally I want to make all the active pads including LC41, LC37 and the upcoming BO pad. As well as a soyuz and Ariane one based on the Tantares mod.

Edited by damonvv

On 10/21/2018 at 10:25 AM, damonvv said:

Ideally I want to make all the active pads including LC41, LC37 and the upcoming BO pad. As well as a soyuz and Ariane one based on the Tantares mod.

Hmm, would you consider doing LC-37 as it appeared during the Apollo-Saturn days, before its conversion to receive ULA boosters?

Image result for LC-37 Apollo

7 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Hmm, would you consider doing LC-37 as it appeared during the Apollo-Saturn days, before its conversion to receive ULA boosters?

Image result for LC-37 Apollo

What a lovely pad that was! Will look into it :) 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

Any status on those new launchpads?

wpovzuL.png

Thanks to some help from @Omega482 my pads are coming out pretty nicely!

Current plan:
LC-39A            (Shuttle/Ares1X/SaturnV/Falcon9/FalconHeavy)
LC-41               (Atlas V)
LC-40               (Falcon 9)
LC-19               (Gemini)
LC-17A            (Delta II)
LC-5/6             (Redstone/Mercury)

Edited by damonvv

1 hour ago, damonvv said:

-snip-

Thanks to some help from @Omega482 my pads are coming out pretty nicely!

Current plan:
LC-39A            (Shuttle/Ares1X/SaturnV/Falcon9/FalconHeavy)
LC-41               (Atlas V)
LC-40               (Falcon 9)
LC-19               (Gemini)
LC-17A            (DeltaII
LC-5/6             (Redstone/Mercury)

Since you're planning on adding both new SLC-40 & 41... Are you also planning on doing the original (Titan) version of the pads? 

27 minutes ago, Natokerbal said:

@damonvv I love the lc-39 pad but the lightning towers put me off cause they aren't on the real one and they look so out of place.

No worries! The towers are optional! So you can create LC-39a (without towers) and LC-39b (with towers)

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Natokerbal said:

@damonvv didn't you actually say you were gonna release them today?

Yes, but I will publish them on github first, I couldn't finish up some lights so that's the last thing that I need to do before full release. But in an hour or so I will put them up for you guys to play with. The full release shouldn't break anything that you will get soon!

Just now, damonvv said:

Yes, but I will publish them on github first, I couldn't finish up some lights so that's the last thing that I need to do before full release. But in an hour or so I will put them up for you guys to play with. The full release shouldn't break anything that you will get soon!

Ok sounds amazing!