[1.8 - 1.12] Tundra's Space Center - v2.0 (December 18th) - Stockalike KSC launchpads!

Damon

50 minutes ago, RandomKerbal said:

Is there a lite version of this?

Or how can I cut the launchpads I want from this mod?

Just delete the folder that you don’t want loaded ingame? I think that is the easiest way

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, fretman21 said:

When im in the VAB and hover over the Launch button to select a launch site it dosent show me different launch sites to launch off of even though I have  Launch pads in the game and the settings are configured to use it, anyone know why?

You have to activate them with KerbalKonstruct, I think.

Opening post, second sentence:
To set it up, put the TundraSpaceCenter folder into your GameData, open the KK menu (ctrl + k) and place it anywhere you want! After that convert it into a launchpad and you are good to go!

Note that you need to be in the flight scene, i.e. controlling a craft (or Kerbal) for CTRL-K to open the KK menu.

Also a bit further in said post, there seems to be a video tutorial. I didn't watch it, thus I can't comment on it. You might want to check that out though.

Edited by Corax
Invision FTW

On 4/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, damonvv said:

Hello i have a question any time i try to fly a craft the game crashes and when i am outside i can't place anything when i push Ctrl k. i am playing in 1.10.1, thank you i would really want more sites.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @damonvv, just wanted to ask about future plans for this mod. Are you thinking on adding some Vandenberg pads? Maybe SLC-4E for the Falcon 9?

Edit: maybe I could have just read the roadmap... Anyways, that's a suggestion from me

Edited by Emilius73

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 3:06 PM, yut said:

1.11.X   OK?

Seems like everything is working on my end. As long as KK doesn't update I will not update mine as well. I do have some more launch pads I want to make! Those are still coming!

• 1 month later...

If you are working on an update, would you please consider making the LC-14 pad just a tad larger? I use AlphaMensae's Modular Launch Pads, and with the size of your pad for LC-14, his tower just barely fits.

y4mS-1w_Ke5IzMfRLNhWfMGOcbz5b0jqieImCo5O

The crew access tower has to be angled to properly align with the spacecraft hatch. This would also (in real life) give the KSC personnel the room to move the booster up the ramp and erect it on the launch stand. I can not move the tower any further outboard without it hanging over the edge of the ramp, and as it sits currently it partially blocks the ramp. You wouldn't need to add much, probably less than 5%.

This is a very small quibble in an otherwise fantastic mod! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it!

On 1/31/2021 at 8:09 PM, DaveyJ576 said:

This would also (in real life) give the KSC personnel the room to move the booster up the ramp and erect it on the launch stand. I can not move the tower any further outboard without it hanging over the edge of the ramp, and as it sits currently it partially blocks the ramp. You wouldn't need to add much, probably less than 5%.

The Atlas was actually erected with the mobile gantry (also part of the LC-14 pad in TSC), which also was used for the astronaut boarding of the capsule. My tower was actually the emergency egress tower, as well as the umbilical tower (with that one hose for the Mercury pod); I made it into a crew elevator :) 

I never tested it with the TSC pad as my KK somehow refuses to spawn anything on the custom pads no matter what I do (even reinstalling KSP and KK and TSC).

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2021 at 3:52 PM, TheRealMK245 said:

The grass in around the launchpads are extremely green, i don't know why this happened. any help would be appreciated :)

I need a bit more information. KSP version? Mod list?